WEEK 14 GAMES THAT MATTER (playoff team standings)

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Tell ya what, I'll sticky this.

:shock:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• 'hawks just need to keep winning...the hell with the rest...
    jack_patera
    NET Rookie

• jack_patera wrote:'hawks just need to keep winning...the hell with the rest...

Of course this is priority #1...but it is exciting to have a vested interest in other games, which adds intrigue to our season :)
    Oh DonkoSpurt We Hardly Knew Ye!
    samwize77
    NET Veteran

• samwize77 wrote:
    jack_patera wrote:'hawks just need to keep winning...the hell with the rest...

Of course this is priority #1...but it is exciting to have a vested interest in other games, which adds intrigue to our season :)

Yeah, makes the other games more fun to watch.
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran

• So this is what happens after PM's they make GREAT posts :)
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• Cartire wrote:
    jamsomatic wrote:I want the Bears to eliminate the Vikings and keep the Bears/Packers race on full tilt. Frankly neither the Bears not Vikings trouble me. They will both lose multiple games for remainder of season. Chicago is crippled with Urlacher and Jennings sustaining injuries vs. us. Plus I would rather see Chicago take that division than Green Bay although I don't believe they will.

This was my biggest question as well. CHI taking the division back is the most optimal solution. But looking at GB's schedule, they have to lose the bears to give it up. I just dont think CHI can beat GB. GB always smothers them and I dont see things changing here. So I went with the next optimal which is, if we dont get the division, having a tie-breaker over chi puts us at chance at the 5th seed playing against the 3rd seed Packers. We can claim a another victory over everyone who said we cant beat the Packers on their turf.

*note, that the assumption of GB being 3rd string is that SF didnt lose more the one game because they remained Division champs over us.

5th seed plays at 4th seed

6th seed plays at 3rd seed

(just correcting what you typed above)

I personally would prefer to not play the Packers in the first round, if at all possible. I think we win in Chicago, I think we win in Atlanta, have a great chance in NY against the Giants, obviously we win at home. The best scenarios for us involve taking the #2 seed away from SF by winning the division outright, getting a first round bye, and playing at home. If we have to be a wild card team, IMHO, we want the Bears to take the North from the Packers, so if we travel, we're not going to Lambeau.

Just MHO.
    BocciHawk
    NET Veteran

• BocciHawk wrote:
    Cartire wrote:
    jamsomatic wrote:I want the Bears to eliminate the Vikings and keep the Bears/Packers race on full tilt. Frankly neither the Bears not Vikings trouble me. They will both lose multiple games for remainder of season. Chicago is crippled with Urlacher and Jennings sustaining injuries vs. us. Plus I would rather see Chicago take that division than Green Bay although I don't believe they will.

This was my biggest question as well. CHI taking the division back is the most optimal solution. But looking at GB's schedule, they have to lose the bears to give it up. I just dont think CHI can beat GB. GB always smothers them and I dont see things changing here. So I went with the next optimal which is, if we dont get the division, having a tie-breaker over chi puts us at chance at the 5th seed playing against the 3rd seed Packers. We can claim a another victory over everyone who said we cant beat the Packers on their turf.

*note, that the assumption of GB being 3rd string is that SF didnt lose more the one game because they remained Division champs over us.

5th seed plays at 4th seed

6th seed plays at 3rd seed

(just correcting what you typed above)

I personally would prefer to not play the Packers in the first round, if at all possible. I think we win in Chicago, I think we win in Atlanta, have a great chance in NY against the Giants, obviously we win at home. The best scenarios for us involve taking the #2 seed away from SF by winning the division outright, getting a first round bye, and playing at home. If we have to be a wild card team, IMHO, we want the Bears to take the North from the Packers, so if we travel, we're not going to Lambeau.

Just MHO.

Yea, I was pretty drunk last night while writing that, and I reread it this morning and was too lazy to change it. But truth is still there, I would rather gain a higher seed then try and worry about MN catching us.
    hawksincebirth wrote:So Russell has leverage but marshawn doesn't ? I thought its next man up. Hey we got t jack and bj Daniels right ??
    Cartire
    NET Veteran

• Cartire wrote:RAMS (5-6-1) vs BILLS (5-7)

Lets go: Bills
    Why: Rams are currently 4-0-1 in the division. I know, doesnt make any sense. Regardless, the Rams winning out could be a knife in Seattle's back if Seattle lose 1 of its next 3. Really, Really, Really need Rams to lose.

Agree with you here on all but the above game. Go Rams this week. Why? Because if the Rams in any way affect our playoff push, it will be because we lost to them again at home, not because they beat the Bills. At this point, I'd like to see them score a few more wins and just miss out on the playoffs. No way I want them picking high in the draft with the amount of draft ammo they already have. We want them drafting very low for the next few years. Several seasons of 8-8 or 7-9 would be in our best interests.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• Seahawk Sailor wrote:
    Cartire wrote:RAMS (5-6-1) vs BILLS (5-7)

Lets go: Bills
    Why: Rams are currently 4-0-1 in the division. I know, doesnt make any sense. Regardless, the Rams winning out could be a knife in Seattle's back if Seattle lose 1 of its next 3. Really, Really, Really need Rams to lose.

Agree with you here on all but the above game. Go Rams this week. Why? Because if the Rams in any way affect our playoff push, it will be because we lost to them again at home, not because they beat the Bills. At this point, I'd like to see them score a few more wins and just miss out on the playoffs. No way I want them picking high in the draft with the amount of draft ammo they already have. We want them drafting very low for the next few years. Several seasons of 8-8 or 7-9 would be in our best interests.

Ditto. It would also be helpful to have the Bills completely out of the playoff picture and thoroughly demoralized for our game with them next week.
    PlinytheCenter
    NET Veteran

• I think we actually want Miami to win....if that were the case and we win out we are NFC West Champs. ( I think, it's too early and I have not had my coffee )
    hawksmode
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• Well we have made a lot of bad blood this year, I prefer to play any of the teams we already played at home. Chicago is depleted but dangerous, we know about Green Bay. We also know the playoffs are a whole different type of game and level of play. Something our YOUNG team has to learn about and I would rather they learn it at home without as much chance of referee favortism for the home team on the road.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Nice breakdown Cartire. Thank you. I'm rooting hard for the Ravens today because the Skins have a pretty soft schedule after this one and could win out. As much cushion as the Hawks can get with any of the teams behind them, the better. In that same vein, go Eagles as well.

And I'm with Pliny and Sailor above on Rams over Bills for the same reasons they said, especially to get Buffalo out of any playoff contention by next week. Also, time for Dullass to lay their late season egg for sure. Don't see the Phins taking SF but still have plenty of hope with the Pats beating them next week.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

Proud member of the 38 club
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• Love this thread OP. Sitting on my couch with the remote and this thread open. Going to make switching channels with Sunday Ticket all the more fun. I feel vested in almost every game. Will definitely make the AM games more enjoyable. Well done!

Go Hawks
    rjdriver
    NET Veteran

• Another thing.

I know this game doesn't matter but I would live to see the colts get ass whipped and have Luck throw three picks. It matters to me.
    rjdriver
    NET Veteran

• Wow...so far these games are unfolding pretty much exactly as hoped.
    schkoot
    NET Practice Squad

• Except for the comebacks! Vikings were the only team to win. Damn cowboys and redskins , so close to losing. Bucs win as well. We need to take care of business.
    rjdriver
    NET Veteran

• Bucs lost
    sturg78
    NET Veteran

• If the rams can beat the bills we can beat them. The Bills season is pretty much over now with 8 losses if we get up early they might lay down like the Cards did.
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:19 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information