Carpenter IR'ed

Reaction score
This was unfortunately the right move - man, that game or two where he came back and was healthy he was road-grading out there - Here's hoping he can take this time to recover and kick this injury bug to the curb.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Wait a minute, "non-football illness"? I don't get it? I just figured it was his knee issue. Anyone with "non-football illness info", please chime in. :187734:

NYCoug

Reaction score
Carp was playing surprisingly well upon his return despite the injury but seemed to be falling off as of late. Tough break for him as he worked his ass off to get back as quick as he did.

Moffitt's been playing well though, so I'm not too worried about how this effects the team. Plus, some more Sweezy and potentially a debut at some point for Rishaw. Sucks for Carp though. I hope he continues to fight his way back to health and doesn't end up the offensive version of Marcus Tubbs.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":d3hpf094 said:
Shame. Wish he'd stay healthy. Maybe next year...........
Which is what we've been saying every year. :(

grizbob

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":4wprau79 said:
Wait a minute, "non-football illness"? I don't get it? I just figured it was his knee issue. Anyone with "non-football illness info", please chime in. :187734:

Might have something to do with that phantom concussion he had a couple of weeks ago. :229031_shrug:

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":21vuak5k said:
I am not liking this draft pick at all right now.

This one has not panned out.
Yeah not good so far. He'll get another season or two though so hopefully he'll blossom like Tate has.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":28xjw9t8 said:
I am not liking this draft pick at all right now.

This one has not panned out.

I agree but I want to see one more year from him at left guard.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Rishaw Johnson is a giant IF because of some focus and concentration issues, in addition to some college dumb stuff. But believe me when I say he is a way better athlete than Carpenter. Way better. I think Johnson has the potential to be a good starter in the NFL. That is not hyperbole either.

Carpenter never should have played this year it would seem.

justafan

Reaction score
That is a tough break.Hope he comes back healthy.He hasn't been playing well since he returned and Moffitt hasn't been that solid either IMO.With our skilled positions we should be scoring more than we have been.I wouild love to see guards targeted next year in the draft and if these two can compete great if not we will have other options.Give RW a pocket and protection no matter what it takes.Free up the Tes to catch more passes and give Lynch some help

Happypuppy

Reaction score
It's odd the Non football related injury. I wonder what is up?

Pstark3

Reaction score
You can never tell how many injuries a player will get when you draft them. seems like we've been pretty unlucky with that as of late

PAT206

Reaction score
The designation he was given sounds like he may be able to come back.

reserve/non-football illness list?

We all saw him go out with his knee so maybe it just isn't as bad as it looks, and the "reserve/non-football illness list" is a way for us to get an extra roster spot for a couple weeks.

I was surprised to see him play this year, especially as early as he did, and now this again. If there's been any serious damage done to his already injured/healing knee, I might want my scouts out looking for yet another prospective o-lineman.

Now Moffitt and Sweezy have to step up, and though their capable, I am more comfortable with Carp in there. Moffitts coming off and injury also, and though Sweezy has played well when called upon, I don't know if I'd want him starting for us this late in the season.

OG Rishaw Johnson was promoted from the practice squad

Latest posts