Carpenter IR'ed

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: Carpenter IR'ed
Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:27 pm
  • "non-football related injury"? dafuq? What, did he pull something at pilates? Did he hurt himself while sailing? I didn't think Carpenter did much "non-football related" anything besides eat a gym bag full of burritos and sleep. I didn't realize "being fat" was now classified as a "non-football related injury".
    Radish, check your PMs. Man upstairs has an invite for a tail gate up in heaven with your name on it.
    User avatar
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *
     
    Posts: 11328
    Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
    Location: PoCompton, BC Canada


Re: Carpenter IR'ed
Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:28 pm
  • The non-football thing is a little concerning after googling it and seeing that the last few guys added to that list were all having some kind of mental/emotional issues.

    Hope all is well.

    Edit: also for things like cancer and other medical issues unrelated to football. Not really comfortable joking about him if it could be that serious.
    Last edited by BillHawks on Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    BillHawks
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 366
    Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:12 pm


Re: Carpenter IR'ed
Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:31 pm
  • CANHawk wrote:"non-football related injury"? dafuq? What, did he pull something at pilates? Did he hurt himself while sailing? I didn't think Carpenter did much "non-football related" anything besides eat a gym bag full of burritos and sleep. I didn't realize "being fat" was now classified as a "non-football related injury".


    This
    Image
    User avatar
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *
     
    Posts: 9442
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
    Location: Granite Falls, WA


Re: Carpenter IR'ed
Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:36 pm
  • BillHawks wrote:The non-football thing is a little concerning after googling it and seeing that the last few guys added to that list were all having some kind of mental/emotional issues.

    Hope all is well.

    That's what I was sort of thinking about, not him being "fat".
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

    Image
    User avatar
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11311
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:38 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


Re: Carpenter IR'ed
Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:36 pm
  • Carp's a very good player for us so this is a bummer. He could just never get right this year, which is unsurprising considering the knee injury. Hope he comes back strong and gets healthy.
    Tall men come down to my height when I hit 'em in the body.

    Jack Dempsey
    User avatar
    Fuzzman55
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1572
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 3:10 pm


Re: Carpenter IR'ed
Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:46 pm
  • John Clayton explained on KIRO radio this afternoon that the injury/illness is not related to football activities... so we really don't know what the issue is.

    Time will tell.
    EastCoastHawksFan posted... "Trading for Harvin is by far the worst move John S has ever made." (March 18, 2014)

    your World Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    User avatar
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3085
    Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:59 am


Re: Carpenter IR'ed
Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:50 pm
  • Fuzzman55 wrote:Carp's a very good player for us so this is a bummer. He could just never get right this year, which is unsurprising considering the knee injury. Hope he comes back strong and gets healthy.


    He was?
    Image
    User avatar
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *
     
    Posts: 9442
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
    Location: Granite Falls, WA


Re: Carpenter IR'ed
Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:55 pm
  • Salivary gland malfunction? ;)
    Bigpumpkin
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 4811
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:13 pm
    Location: Puyallup, WA USA


Re: Carpenter IR'ed
Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:55 pm
  • I'm not giving up on him yet by any means. Just look at "Glass Ankles" Okung. Guy's been the bright spot of our OL this year.
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???


    2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    User avatar
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1587
    Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:12 pm
    Location: Spokane/Seattle


Re: Carpenter IR'ed
Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:12 pm
  • Tech Worlds wrote:
    Fuzzman55 wrote:Carp's a very good player for us so this is a bummer. He could just never get right this year, which is unsurprising considering the knee injury. Hope he comes back strong and gets healthy.


    He was?


    Yep, he was an improvement over the other guards inside. The strongest interior point of attack lineman we had. I hate to lose him, but he needs to get healthy.
    Tall men come down to my height when I hit 'em in the body.

    Jack Dempsey
    User avatar
    Fuzzman55
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1572
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 3:10 pm


Re: Carpenter IR'ed
Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:13 pm
  • Fuzzman55 wrote:
    Tech Worlds wrote:
    Fuzzman55 wrote:Carp's a very good player for us so this is a bummer. He could just never get right this year, which is unsurprising considering the knee injury. Hope he comes back strong and gets healthy.


    He was?


    Yep, he was an improvement over the other guards inside. The strongest interior point of attack lineman we had. I hate to lose him, but he needs to get healthy.

    From what I could tell, he was definitely contributing to our good run-blocking.
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???


    2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    User avatar
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1587
    Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:12 pm
    Location: Spokane/Seattle


Re: Carpenter IR'ed
Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:17 pm
  • FYI From Sando

    @espn_nfcwest: Use of non-football illness list for James Carpenter likely means injury more cumulative than suffered at any 1 moment. Result same.
    User avatar
    Happypuppy
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1862
    Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:40 pm


Re: Carpenter IR'ed
Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:30 pm
  • I wonder if he's suffering from depression - he seemed to struggle a bit mentally with getting over his injury. Maybe they want to get his body and head right for next year.
    CalgaryHawk
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 147
    Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:54 am


Re: Carpenter IR'ed
Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:20 pm
  • Guy has just never gotten the train on the tracks since he was drafted.
    #NEXTMANUP
    User avatar
    Evil_Shenanigans
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2483
    Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:15 am


Re: Carpenter IR'ed
Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:21 pm
  • rpmischris wrote:BUST


    Didn't take long for the first moronic "bust" call to be thrown out. Thank god some of you champs are not GMs :roll:
    User avatar
    sturg78
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1095
    Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 9:03 pm


Re: Carpenter IR'ed
Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:27 pm
  • Tech Worlds wrote:I am not liking this draft pick at all right now.

    This one has not panned out.


    Nope, he hasn't been on the field at all and it's getting annoying.
    User avatar
    MrCarey
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1679
    Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:16 pm


Re: Carpenter IR'ed
Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:44 pm
  • CalgaryHawk wrote:I wonder if he's suffering from depression - he seemed to struggle a bit mentally with getting over his injury. Maybe they want to get his body and head right for next year.

    I doubt it. Many thought he'd be out the whole season, but he worked his butt off and got back a lot sooner than expected. In retrospect, maybe he should've slowed it down and fully recovered.
    User avatar
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7053
    Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am


Re: Carpenter IR'ed
Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:05 pm
  • The strength of this draft is the interior OL. We just might see a high round pick there, and Carp might have to fight for his job, like everyone else has had to do.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3621
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:01 pm


Re: Carpenter IR'ed
Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:16 pm
  • Fuzzman55 wrote:
    Tech Worlds wrote:
    Fuzzman55 wrote:Carp's a very good player for us so this is a bummer. He could just never get right this year, which is unsurprising considering the knee injury. Hope he comes back strong and gets healthy.


    He was?


    Yep, he was an improvement over the other guards inside. The strongest interior point of attack lineman we had. I hate to lose him, but he needs to get healthy.


    You said he was "a very good player", which I think is disrespectful to all the very good players in this league.

    Average and perhaps getting better? I can buy that.
    Image
    User avatar
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *
     
    Posts: 9442
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
    Location: Granite Falls, WA


Re: Carpenter IR'ed
Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:20 pm
  • We have exactly ZERO "very good" guards on this roster. Moffit is a joke as is our rookie DT convert Sweezy although there is always hope for a cat named Sweezy and McQuistan. and McQuistan. We got serviceable and we got hopeful but we aint got nothing to write home about.

    Moffit is a booger eating freak too. But you wanna have a beer with him. Woo Hoo!


    And Dammit!! I had high hopes for Carpal. He is powerful. But Im glad I will never see his big ass hanging out of his pants again this year!!
    Last edited by jamsomatic on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    'The bevell is in the details.' -BFS
    jamsomatic
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 445
    Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:03 pm
    Location: Mindianapolis, Idaho


Re: Carpenter IR'ed
Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:22 pm
  • razgriz737 wrote:I'm not giving up on him yet by any means. Just look at "Glass Ankles" Okung. Guy's been the bright spot of our OL this year.


    Unger too.
    User avatar
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5228
    Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:52 pm
    Location: Battle Ground, Washington


Re: Carpenter IR'ed
Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:32 pm
  • hawksfan515 wrote:
    razgriz737 wrote:I'm not giving up on him yet by any means. Just look at "Glass Ankles" Okung. Guy's been the bright spot of our OL this year.


    Unger too.


    Yes but neither of them report to camp each year 80 pounds over weight.
    Image
    User avatar
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *
     
    Posts: 9442
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
    Location: Granite Falls, WA


Re: Carpenter IR'ed
Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:33 pm
  • Not giving up on him but I'm starting to get a bad feeling about Carp.
    Image

    Les "The Radish" Norton - Ambassador/Grandfather of .NET, gone too soon but will never be forgotten. RIP
    User avatar
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]
     
    Posts: 8081
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:58 am
    Location: Just 6 miles from Richard Sherman!


Re: Carpenter IR'ed
Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:34 pm
  • Would like to see Carp come in 25 pounds lighter next year and smash his way to the pro bowl. The weight coming off will help him stay healthy and will add explosiveness. He's naturally huge so there's no worry about loss in power in run blocking.
    User avatar
    vin.couve12
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1212
    Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 10:19 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


Re: Carpenter IR'ed
Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:39 pm
  • Didn't Carpenter basically work his TAIL OFF to even get back this year? A year that NO ONE expected him to come back in, at all? One he could've just rode out on IR and actually taken LESS criticism than he is in this thread?
    User avatar
    pehawk
    * Report Button *
     
    Posts: 9930
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


Re: Carpenter IR'ed
Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:40 pm
  • pehawk wrote:Didn't Carpenter basically work his TAIL OFF to even get back this year? A year that NO ONE expected him to come back in, at all? One he could've just rode out on IR and actually taken LESS criticism than he is in this thread?



    I got nothing against him. I said mostly all good things, except his buttcrack. Moffit gets my goat though.
    'The bevell is in the details.' -BFS
    jamsomatic
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 445
    Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:03 pm
    Location: Mindianapolis, Idaho


Re: Carpenter IR'ed
Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:45 pm
  • Aros wrote:Not giving up on him but I'm starting to get a bad feeling about Carp.


    Just like everyone had a bad feeling about Okung, or Tate, or Unger?

    Yeah I really am too though. And I was a supporter of all 3 of those guys forever. Not sure what to think of when it comes to Carp....

    Thank god we only spent #25 on him??
    User avatar
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5228
    Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:52 pm
    Location: Battle Ground, Washington


Re: Carpenter IR'ed
Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:12 pm
  • jamsomatic wrote:We have exactly ZERO "very good" guards on this roster. Moffit is a joke as is our rookie DT convert Sweezy although there is always hope for a cat named Sweezy and McQuistan. and McQuistan. We got serviceable and we got hopeful but we aint got nothing to write home about.

    Moffit is a booger eating freak too. But you wanna have a beer with him. Woo Hoo!


    And Dammit!! I had high hopes for Carpal. He is powerful. But Im glad I will never see his big ass hanging out of his pants again this year!!


    I think Carp needs to start eating more boogers to help strengthen his knee...

    and Pete sounded pretty somber in his postgame presser when the reporter asked if it was the same knee that was previously injured :ohwell:
    Image
    User avatar
    dunceface
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3318
    Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:29 am


Re: Carpenter IR'ed
Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:37 pm
  • It's early, but anyone know if there will be any decent veteran O-Linemen that will be free agents this offseason? Maybe it wouldn't hurt to sign a guy for 1 year and be able to plug in a proven vet while these rookies get their sh*t together. Idk, just spitballin'. I think we can all agree that our OL play has been less than stellar.
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???


    2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    User avatar
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1587
    Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:12 pm
    Location: Spokane/Seattle


Re: Carpenter IR'ed
Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:41 pm
  • razgriz737 wrote:It's early, but anyone know if there will be any decent veteran O-Linemen that will be free agents this offseason? Maybe it wouldn't hurt to sign a guy for 1 year and be able to plug in a proven vet while these rookies get their sh*t together. Idk, just spitballin'. I think we can all agree that our OL play has been less than stellar.


    dont we do this every year?
    Image
    User avatar
    dunceface
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3318
    Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:29 am


Re: Carpenter IR'ed
Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:45 pm
  • dunceface wrote:
    razgriz737 wrote:It's early, but anyone know if there will be any decent veteran O-Linemen that will be free agents this offseason? Maybe it wouldn't hurt to sign a guy for 1 year and be able to plug in a proven vet while these rookies get their sh*t together. Idk, just spitballin'. I think we can all agree that our OL play has been less than stellar.


    dont we do this every year?

    I guess. Others have said we should draft, but look how well the guys we've drafted recently have panned out. I just wish there was a guy we could get that would make an immediate impact. Oh well, in PC/JS I trust.
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???


    2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    User avatar
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1587
    Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:12 pm
    Location: Spokane/Seattle


Re: Carpenter IR'ed
Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:42 am
  • pehawk wrote:Didn't Carpenter basically work his TAIL OFF to even get back this year? A year that NO ONE expected him to come back in, at all? One he could've just rode out on IR and actually taken LESS criticism than he is in this thread?


    Thank god some one pointed this out. Couldn't have said it better myself. The man's big, but he worked his ass off to get back on the field and played fairly well for us.
    User avatar
    JKent82
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3009
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 12:13 pm


Re: Carpenter IR'ed
Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:44 am
  • He will be much better off this time around. Last year he couldn't keep in shape because his injured knee limited him in his work outs. If he has a full off season to get in shape (something he's never had), he is very likely to come back and be a monster at left guard for 16 plus games. The man can mow people over, he just needs to get healthy.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    User avatar
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *
     
    Posts: 8404
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:29 pm
    Location: North Pole, Alaska


Re: Carpenter IR'ed
Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:02 am
  • Competition at guard should be pretty intense next year. Carpenter should be 100% by then but I would assume his spot would be up for grabs. McQuistan too. Moffitt has been a solid starter this season and Sweezy and Johnson have very high run blocking potential if they continue to develop.
    User avatar
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *
     
    Posts: 10995
    Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:44 am


Re: Carpenter IR'ed
Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:36 am
  • I don't mean to be cruel , but he needs to work with a dietitian and trainer as well.
    User avatar
    Happypuppy
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1862
    Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:40 pm


Next


It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:27 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information