Carpenter IR'ed

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: Carpenter IR'ed
Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:22 pm
  • razgriz737 wrote:I'm not giving up on him yet by any means. Just look at "Glass Ankles" Okung. Guy's been the bright spot of our OL this year.


    Unger too.
    User avatar
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5228
    Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:52 pm
    Location: Battle Ground, Washington


Re: Carpenter IR'ed
Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:32 pm
  • hawksfan515 wrote:
    razgriz737 wrote:I'm not giving up on him yet by any means. Just look at "Glass Ankles" Okung. Guy's been the bright spot of our OL this year.


    Unger too.


    Yes but neither of them report to camp each year 80 pounds over weight.
    Image
    User avatar
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *
     
    Posts: 9404
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
    Location: Granite Falls, WA


Re: Carpenter IR'ed
Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:33 pm
  • Not giving up on him but I'm starting to get a bad feeling about Carp.
    Image

    "The Seahawks showed today that they regarded me highly and I appreciate that, and I will continue to show how much I regard Paul Allen and the Seattle Seahawks with my play." - Richard Sherman
    User avatar
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]
     
    Posts: 8053
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:58 am
    Location: Just 6 miles from Richard Sherman!


Re: Carpenter IR'ed
Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:34 pm
  • Would like to see Carp come in 25 pounds lighter next year and smash his way to the pro bowl. The weight coming off will help him stay healthy and will add explosiveness. He's naturally huge so there's no worry about loss in power in run blocking.
    User avatar
    vin.couve12
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1206
    Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 10:19 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


Re: Carpenter IR'ed
Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:39 pm
  • Didn't Carpenter basically work his TAIL OFF to even get back this year? A year that NO ONE expected him to come back in, at all? One he could've just rode out on IR and actually taken LESS criticism than he is in this thread?
    User avatar
    pehawk
    * Report Button *
     
    Posts: 9930
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm


Re: Carpenter IR'ed
Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:40 pm
  • pehawk wrote:Didn't Carpenter basically work his TAIL OFF to even get back this year? A year that NO ONE expected him to come back in, at all? One he could've just rode out on IR and actually taken LESS criticism than he is in this thread?



    I got nothing against him. I said mostly all good things, except his buttcrack. Moffit gets my goat though.
    'The bevell is in the details.' -BFS
    jamsomatic
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 445
    Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:03 pm
    Location: Mindianapolis, Idaho


Re: Carpenter IR'ed
Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:45 pm
  • Aros wrote:Not giving up on him but I'm starting to get a bad feeling about Carp.


    Just like everyone had a bad feeling about Okung, or Tate, or Unger?

    Yeah I really am too though. And I was a supporter of all 3 of those guys forever. Not sure what to think of when it comes to Carp....

    Thank god we only spent #25 on him??
    User avatar
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5228
    Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:52 pm
    Location: Battle Ground, Washington


Re: Carpenter IR'ed
Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:12 pm
  • jamsomatic wrote:We have exactly ZERO "very good" guards on this roster. Moffit is a joke as is our rookie DT convert Sweezy although there is always hope for a cat named Sweezy and McQuistan. and McQuistan. We got serviceable and we got hopeful but we aint got nothing to write home about.

    Moffit is a booger eating freak too. But you wanna have a beer with him. Woo Hoo!


    And Dammit!! I had high hopes for Carpal. He is powerful. But Im glad I will never see his big ass hanging out of his pants again this year!!


    I think Carp needs to start eating more boogers to help strengthen his knee...

    and Pete sounded pretty somber in his postgame presser when the reporter asked if it was the same knee that was previously injured :ohwell:
    Image
    User avatar
    dunceface
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3311
    Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:29 am


Re: Carpenter IR'ed
Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:37 pm
  • It's early, but anyone know if there will be any decent veteran O-Linemen that will be free agents this offseason? Maybe it wouldn't hurt to sign a guy for 1 year and be able to plug in a proven vet while these rookies get their sh*t together. Idk, just spitballin'. I think we can all agree that our OL play has been less than stellar.
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???


    2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    User avatar
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1580
    Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:12 pm
    Location: Spokane/Seattle


Re: Carpenter IR'ed
Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:41 pm
  • razgriz737 wrote:It's early, but anyone know if there will be any decent veteran O-Linemen that will be free agents this offseason? Maybe it wouldn't hurt to sign a guy for 1 year and be able to plug in a proven vet while these rookies get their sh*t together. Idk, just spitballin'. I think we can all agree that our OL play has been less than stellar.


    dont we do this every year?
    Image
    User avatar
    dunceface
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3311
    Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:29 am


Re: Carpenter IR'ed
Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:45 pm
  • dunceface wrote:
    razgriz737 wrote:It's early, but anyone know if there will be any decent veteran O-Linemen that will be free agents this offseason? Maybe it wouldn't hurt to sign a guy for 1 year and be able to plug in a proven vet while these rookies get their sh*t together. Idk, just spitballin'. I think we can all agree that our OL play has been less than stellar.


    dont we do this every year?

    I guess. Others have said we should draft, but look how well the guys we've drafted recently have panned out. I just wish there was a guy we could get that would make an immediate impact. Oh well, in PC/JS I trust.
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???


    2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    User avatar
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1580
    Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:12 pm
    Location: Spokane/Seattle


Re: Carpenter IR'ed
Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:42 am
  • pehawk wrote:Didn't Carpenter basically work his TAIL OFF to even get back this year? A year that NO ONE expected him to come back in, at all? One he could've just rode out on IR and actually taken LESS criticism than he is in this thread?


    Thank god some one pointed this out. Couldn't have said it better myself. The man's big, but he worked his ass off to get back on the field and played fairly well for us.
    User avatar
    JKent82
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3009
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 12:13 pm


Re: Carpenter IR'ed
Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:44 am
  • He will be much better off this time around. Last year he couldn't keep in shape because his injured knee limited him in his work outs. If he has a full off season to get in shape (something he's never had), he is very likely to come back and be a monster at left guard for 16 plus games. The man can mow people over, he just needs to get healthy.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    User avatar
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *
     
    Posts: 8321
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:29 pm
    Location: North Pole, Alaska


Re: Carpenter IR'ed
Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:02 am
  • Competition at guard should be pretty intense next year. Carpenter should be 100% by then but I would assume his spot would be up for grabs. McQuistan too. Moffitt has been a solid starter this season and Sweezy and Johnson have very high run blocking potential if they continue to develop.
    User avatar
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *
     
    Posts: 10909
    Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:44 am


Re: Carpenter IR'ed
Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:36 am
  • I don't mean to be cruel , but he needs to work with a dietitian and trainer as well.
    User avatar
    Happypuppy
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1862
    Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:40 pm


Next


It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:38 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information