Could Bevell leave?

Stuje1

Reaction score
I am a Badger fan that has converted into a big Seahawks fan this season due to DangerRuss. I even cheered them on loudly against my hometeam Bears while at Soldier field this past weekend. Been an exciting season to hop on board as a Seahawks fan!

Anyway, I am writing my first post but have been lurking all season. As you may have saw, Coach Bielema left the Badgers in a surprise move and is headed to Arkansas. The reason it affects the Hawks is that Bevell is one of the leading candidates to replace him at UW. Not sure if both sides will ultimately be interested, but I know there is some mixed feelings about Bevell on here and wanted to mention the interesting possibility that he could leave for the head coaching job at UW....

(btw, I'm looking forward to being a part of net nation!)

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Welcome. I have mixed feelings myself. Not sure I want to see Russ have to adjust to a new OC.

You have brought 'breaking news' though it would seem as this is the first mention I've seen of the possibility.

KitsapHawk

Reaction score
Hello, welcome to the Hawx fan club and the .NET!

As for Bevell leaving, I certainly would not be terribly sad, but then again I don't know how important carryover will be next season moving forward as an offense.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Anythings possible. Since there is no salary cap for coaches i'm sure PC/JS could convince Paul Allen to keep him if they really needed him.

Money talks, but if RW and by extension our offense continues to develop as we are hoping it could lead to an NFL Head Coaching job for Bevell.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
I would want Wilson to be with the same OC for at least another year or two to really get comfortable with the league.

razgriz737

Reaction score
I've seen a lot of guys on twitter mentioning this too. Personally, I haven't been a big fan from the first the game he coached here, can't say I would be sorry to see him go.

pehawk

Reaction score
Itd be good for all parties, IMO. But, I'm not sure I could see Bevell succeeding as a NCAA HC.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Nothing personal to Bevell, but I'd like it if he went to be a head coach in college. I think we've seen his ceiling this year as an offensive coordinator. Not horrible, not even bad, but average at best. Some inspired play calling and some poor play calling, never a consistent entire game of good plays called. (I know that's rare in and of itself, but never a game with just one or two bad play calls, either.)

jlwaters1

Reaction score
I disagree with most. I think it would be bad for us to have to replace our offensive coordinator 3 times in 4 years. That's now a winning recipe. I like who we've got. I think poeple are much to quick to blame playcalling for all our woes. Afterall the coaches are much more aware than us fans as to what tendencies and looks they'll receive in any given situation. They have much more info for us. It easy to say "that play call sucked." But we really don't know the factors that went into make the playcall in the first place.

Execution is much more important than playcalling at any rate. A team that executes at a high level will succeed over those who don't execute as well everytime.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I think Bevell gets a bad rap on here. He has some bonehead calls, but he has also called some great drives this year. I think execution has been the main culprit for bad offensive performances, not always play calls.

I think it would be better for Wilson to have the same O-Coordinator next year so we don't have a Alex Smith/Sam Bradford situation on our hands. I think Wilson is better than those guys, but we all saw what happened when a young player has to deal with a new Coordinator after their first year.

Sac

Reaction score
I don't dislike Bevell. Really, any offensive scheme can work if executed properly. The offense has certainly been doing it's job lately.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Stuje1":2eoxwum4 said:
I am a Badger fan that has converted into a big Seahawks fan this season due to DangerRuss. I even cheered them on loudly against my hometeam Bears while at Soldier field this past weekend. Been an exciting season to hop on board as a Seahawks fan!

Anyway, I am writing my first post but have been lurking all season. As you may have saw, Coach Bielema left the Badgers in a surprise move and is headed to Arkansas. The reason it affects the Hawks is that Bevell is one of the leading candidates to replace him at UW. Not sure if both sides will ultimately be interested, but I know there is some mixed feelings about Bevell on here and wanted to mention the interesting possibility that he could leave for the head coaching job at UW....

(btw, I'm looking forward to being a part of net nation!)

Ignore most of the negativity on here. One of the things Seahawks fans love to do is point the finger. And more often than not, the coordinators get it in the neck. Bevell has done a terrific job in Seattle. He gets almost no credit for aiding Russell Wilson's development or helping create a productive run game. People love to dish credit out to Pete, Tom Cable etc. Bevell is just as much part of why this is working.

There are some things like conservative play calling that get thrown at Bevell's door - yet its Pete who is running the show from the top and he has a lot of input on stuff like that. I actually think you'd be making a very wise move going after Bevell. I wasn't thrilled with the hire initially, but I've been won round and I now fear Wilson will end up with a different coordinator every year and it'll stunt his growth. I hope we work hard to keep Bevell... but obviously he has strong ties to the Badgers.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
I have no idea why he gets such a bad rap. Giving him no credit for Russell Wilson's vast improvement and efficiency this year is kinda ridiculous.

grizbob

Reaction score
HawkFan72":3897ee5c said:
I think Bevell gets a bad rap on here. He has some bonehead calls, but he has also called some great drives this year. I think execution has been the main culprit for bad offensive performances, not always play calls.

I think it would be better for Wilson to have the same O-Coordinator next year so we don't have a Alex Smith/Sam Bradford situation on our hands. I think Wilson is better than those guys, but we all saw what happened when a young player has to deal with a new Coordinator after their first year.

Well, the kid played for 2 colleges, and is in the hunt for roy in a 3 year span, I think he could handle a new coordinator. He isn't "normal" :D

HawkFan72

Reaction score
grizbob":1hqqmkqh said:
HawkFan72":1hqqmkqh said:

Well, the kid played for 2 colleges, and is in the hunt for roy in a 3 year span, I think he could handle a new coordinator. He isn't "normal" :D

Like I said, I think he's better than those other guys.

But the fans of the 49ers and Rams both said getting a new Coordinator wouldn't be a problem either.

razgriz737

Reaction score
I'm not gonna pretend I'm some expert by any means, but it doesn't give me a whole lotta confidence in our OC when I go into .NET chat on game day and see guys fairly consistently predicting plays.

Maybe that's more of a compliment to our posters here than it is a knock on Bevell.