Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Could Bevell leave?
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:53 pm 
NET Ring Of Honor
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm
Posts: 21064
Location: NFL WORLD CHAMPIONS 2013-2014
Hopefully Bevell takes a long vacation.....like for the rest of his life, and never comes back. At least to Seattle

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Could Bevell leave?
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:58 pm 
* 17Power Blogger *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am
Posts: 11207
Bevell's sometimes hot-and-cold, but has called brilliant games at times. His game plan and usage of the zone read against the Bears was responsible for that win, and he's delivered on our hopes of making Golden Tate a legitimate weapon via effective screens and swing passes. Seattle's play-action concepts are flexible and effective. His inclusion of the run and his deep-ball preferences fit Wilson and this offense well.

A lot of the "boneheaded" plays that Bevell calls can be explained away in other ways. A lot of the time he gets cute with excessive short passes that are actually attempts to set up the long ball that fail in and of themselves. That's on execution - he's very much a "long con" play-caller, and that's going to look hot and cold when the initial plays fail. I also feel that Seattle's playbook is severely limited by our lack of deep speed. And it has to be asked how many of the dumb plays are Pete Carroll's. But at least Pete's got a clear strategy that fits Bevell well, unlike Greg "Throw Everything at the Wall and See What Sticks" Knapp. I think it says a lot that Bevell managed a lot of explosive plays, and even a brief semblance of the Wilson-esque efficient passing game, with Tarvaris Jackson late last year.

At the very least, like Jeremy Bates before him, Bevell is good enough to where shedding him wouldn't be worth losing scheme continuity again, IMO. At most, he could be a great coordinator who just needs more experience. Give this offense more time to grow before we make judgments on him.

_________________
GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Could Bevell leave?
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:20 pm 
* Report Button *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm
Posts: 9923
I could just be a typical Seattle fan, pointing fingers, because I dont know any better.

But, I've noticed on key 3rd or 4th downs, Pete goes to Cable, not Bevell. Cable is given draft picks to play with. Cable is in charge of what offensive lineman plays where. When big plays hit, like Lynch's run in Detroit, the players and coaches note how Cable reviewed and explained why that run would hit, for long yards, all week in the film room.

Of course, I'm just being a typical Seattle fan, because I'm stupid and just point at either coordinator (I really need to do my first rube ripping of Bradley). But, IMO, he's benefited from lightening in a bottle with 2009 Farve and Rice and now a rookie QB who could most likely pick up Holmgren’s offense, quickly. IMO, his hybrid WCO doesn't fit Pete's vision of play-action, over the top, big play offense. Nor does it fit Wilson. I never liked the hire.

But, you know, I cant have legit reasons for disliking him.


Last edited by pehawk on Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Could Bevell leave?
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:22 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 408
You can have him I think bevell is horrible at play calling

_________________
On twitter @Blazenhawks

New Era of Seahawks football Starts Now!!!!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Could Bevell leave?
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:26 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am
Posts: 7849
Blazenhawks wrote:
You can have him I think bevell is horrible at play calling



This is the classic type of fan-blah blah I was referring to earlier.

Tell you what, watch two of the best teams in the NFL next weekend in the early games if you get a chance. You'll notice their play calling isn't 100% perfect either. I seem to remember Bevell calling two brilliant drives in Chicago on Sunday, but let's forget about important things like that.

And yeah - no credit for Wilson's development. Again.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Could Bevell leave?
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:31 pm 
NET Ring Of Honor
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm
Posts: 21064
Location: NFL WORLD CHAMPIONS 2013-2014
Maybe Bevell redeemed himself in Chicago, but in Miami in a game we should have won, his pussy assed play calling cost us the game IMO.

Running in the 4th quarter with a hot QB and the game on the line was the recipe for a big FAT loss.

His use of the wideout screen is 90% of the time to the wrong side and several times were backwards passes. Maybe all of this is not 100% on him but I am directing my displeasure in his direction.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Could Bevell leave?
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:32 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 408
Do you ever wonder why Bevell doesn't call HB screens or WR screens. I have to agree some of the trick plays have been awesome but he can be predictable like Run, Run, pass, Punt

_________________
On twitter @Blazenhawks

New Era of Seahawks football Starts Now!!!!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Could Bevell leave?
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:33 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 408
theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
Blazenhawks wrote:
You can have him I think bevell is horrible at play calling



This is the classic type of fan-blah blah I was referring to earlier.

Tell you what, watch two of the best teams in the NFL next weekend in the early games if you get a chance. You'll notice their play calling isn't 100% perfect either. I seem to remember Bevell calling two brilliant drives in Chicago on Sunday, but let's forget about important things like that.

And yeah - no credit for Wilson's development. Again.



Are you talking about the 2 drives that Wilson had a bail on and run for first downs almost 75% of the passing plays.

_________________
On twitter @Blazenhawks

New Era of Seahawks football Starts Now!!!!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Could Bevell leave?
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:34 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am
Posts: 6364
From what I read, RW went to the side-line and told Bevell what he was seeing on the field and that the option-read was wide open for him.

There's been too many times when Bevell's made some bone-headed playcalls.

Look at it like this...if Bevell was any good would we be this surprised when a gameplan works out?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Could Bevell leave?
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:37 pm 
* Report Button *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm
Posts: 9923
theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
Blazenhawks wrote:
You can have him I think bevell is horrible at play calling



This is the classic type of fan-blah blah I was referring to earlier.

Tell you what, watch two of the best teams in the NFL next weekend in the early games if you get a chance. You'll notice their play calling isn't 100% perfect either. I seem to remember Bevell calling two brilliant drives in Chicago on Sunday, but let's forget about important things like that.

And yeah - no credit for Wilson's development. Again.


You mean the read option plays? You sure that's Bevell? I'd bet the read option plays are Cables.

I'd also bet the play-action plays, alot, like Rice's TD (vs NE) are Cable's. To pull that play off, you need a Te who can single-block a DE, for a long time, Cable's boy Miller. You cant do that play without it - and it looked alot like some old Raider plays.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Could Bevell leave?
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:39 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am
Posts: 7849
Blazenhawks wrote:
theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
Blazenhawks wrote:
You can have him I think bevell is horrible at play calling



This is the classic type of fan-blah blah I was referring to earlier.

Tell you what, watch two of the best teams in the NFL next weekend in the early games if you get a chance. You'll notice their play calling isn't 100% perfect either. I seem to remember Bevell calling two brilliant drives in Chicago on Sunday, but let's forget about important things like that.

And yeah - no credit for Wilson's development. Again.



Are you talking about the 2 drives that Wilson had a bail on and run for first downs almost 75% of the passing plays.


No, I'm talking about the two drives where he masterfully executed the zone read offense that Bevell was calling. That was part of the game plan.

And people calling Bevell out for being conservative against Miami - again - need to remember what Pete's philosophy is here. Carroll had as much say in that as anyone IMO.

pehawk wrote:
You mean the read option plays? You sure that's Bevell? I'd bet the read option plays are Cables.

I'd also bet the play-action plays, alot, like Rice's TD (vs NE) are Cable's. To pull that play off, you need a Te who can single-block a DE, for a long time, Cable's boy Miller. You cant do that play without it - and it looked alot like some old Raider plays.


We have no idea who is responsible. All I know is I've watched the game again tonight and Bevell is constantly speaking to RW. He is at the forefront of everything. And I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt to the OC and playcaller rather than second guess who does what.

And so should everyone else really. It seriously sounds at times like Hawks fans just make up their mind and that's that. See: Flynn/Wilson, Bevell, previously Gus Bradley etc etc.


Last edited by theENGLISHseahawk on Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Could Bevell leave?
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:39 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am
Posts: 6364
theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
Blazenhawks wrote:
You can have him I think bevell is horrible at play calling



This is the classic type of fan-blah blah I was referring to earlier.

Tell you what, watch two of the best teams in the NFL next weekend in the early games if you get a chance. You'll notice their play calling isn't 100% perfect either. I seem to remember Bevell calling two brilliant drives in Chicago on Sunday, but let's forget about important things like that.

And yeah - no credit for Wilson's development. Again.

Nobodys asking for perfection...but how is running it at the 2 strongest tackles on a D over and over good playcalling? How about a drawplay in the redzone when Lynch has been gashing the D all day (STL I believe). His play it safe, conservative playcalling in the 2nd and 3rd quarter are frustrating as hell to watch. I'll admit though, he's good when he has time to sit down and draw up a gameplan.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Could Bevell leave?
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:40 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:12 pm
Posts: 1394
Location: Seattle (From Spokane)
theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
Blazenhawks wrote:
You can have him I think bevell is horrible at play calling



This is the classic type of fan-blah blah I was referring to earlier.

Tell you what, watch two of the best teams in the NFL next weekend in the early games if you get a chance. You'll notice their play calling isn't 100% perfect either. I seem to remember Bevell calling two brilliant drives in Chicago on Sunday, but let's forget about important things like that.

And yeah - no credit for Wilson's development. Again.

For me, those 2 drives don't make up for his otherwise lackluster career here. I don't think he's a complete bafoon, just extremely average.

I don't even know who's available, but I gotta think that if he leaves for Wisconsin (which is not a stretch), there's gotta be a better guy out there.

_________________
Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:
Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???


Last edited by razgriz737 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Could Bevell leave?
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:40 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
Posts: 9171
Location: Renton Wa.
Running the option read was Wilsons idea and he lobbied for it, after that it's wasn't as much Bevell calling plays as it was Wilson reading the defense and executing the read option on the last couple drives.

I think the foundation of the offense will be maintained no matter who is coordinator because Pete wants ball control and a safe passing game with the use of the long ball to keep defenses honest. I won't call it a weapon till we have guys that are gone to routinely and score. Bates trioed making the long ball the base of the offense and pissed off Pete.

_________________
Image

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
.Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Could Bevell leave?
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:42 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 408
To me I don't just look at the last 2 games I look at what he has done since he has come here I think he is an average play caller nothing more or worse. Yes I am rephrasing what I first said but I think we could do better.

_________________
On twitter @Blazenhawks

New Era of Seahawks football Starts Now!!!!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Could Bevell leave?
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:43 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am
Posts: 6364
chris98251 wrote:
Running the option read was Wilsons idea and he lobbied for it, after that it's wasn't as much Bevell calling plays as it was Wilson reading the defense and executing the read option on the last couple drives.

I think the foundation of the offense will be maintained no matter who is coordinator because Pete wants ball control and a safe passing game with the use of the long ball to keep defenses honest. I won't call it a weapon till we have guys that are gone to routinely and score. Bates trioed making the long ball the base of the offense and pissed off Pete.

So I wasn't the only one that read that then.


Last edited by -The Glove- on Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Could Bevell leave?
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:43 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am
Posts: 7849
chris98251 wrote:
Running the option read was Wilsons idea and he lobbied for it, after that it's wasn't as much Bevell calling plays as it was Wilson reading the defense and executing the read option on the last couple drives.



I think you'll find PC came up with the idea after watching RGIII tape.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Could Bevell leave?
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:45 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am
Posts: 6364
theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
chris98251 wrote:
Running the option read was Wilsons idea and he lobbied for it, after that it's wasn't as much Bevell calling plays as it was Wilson reading the defense and executing the read option on the last couple drives.



I think you'll find PC came up with the idea after watching RGIII tape.

On that particular drive/s, it was Wilson's.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Could Bevell leave?
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:46 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:12 pm
Posts: 1394
Location: Seattle (From Spokane)
theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
chris98251 wrote:
Running the option read was Wilsons idea and he lobbied for it, after that it's wasn't as much Bevell calling plays as it was Wilson reading the defense and executing the read option on the last couple drives.



I think you'll find PC came up with the idea after watching RGIII tape.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Wilson specifically said in a post-game interview that he told the coaches they should start running the option read.

EDIT: Nvm found the video, he said he told the coaches and the coaches saw it too, or something like that. It's on the main Hawks website if anyone wants to see it.

_________________
Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:
Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???


Last edited by razgriz737 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Could Bevell leave?
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:46 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
Posts: 9171
Location: Renton Wa.
theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
chris98251 wrote:
Running the option read was Wilsons idea and he lobbied for it, after that it's wasn't as much Bevell calling plays as it was Wilson reading the defense and executing the read option on the last couple drives.



I think you'll find PC came up with the idea after watching RGIII tape.


Can never admit you might be wrong about something can you, yes Pete stole the idea from Shanahan, He smarltly implemented it in our offense. We were talking about the Game on SUNDAY and who called the plays on the game winning and tieing drives that you were so ardently defending Bevell on.

_________________
Image

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
.Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Could Bevell leave?
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:47 pm 
NET Pro Bowler
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:50 am
Posts: 11159
Location: Antioch, CA
-The Glove- wrote:
Nobodys asking for perfection...but how is running it at the 2 strongest tackles on a D over and over good playcalling?


Isn't Cable in charge of crafting the plan for the run game?

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Could Bevell leave?
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:48 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am
Posts: 7849
chris98251 wrote:
theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
chris98251 wrote:
Running the option read was Wilsons idea and he lobbied for it, after that it's wasn't as much Bevell calling plays as it was Wilson reading the defense and executing the read option on the last couple drives.



I think you'll find PC came up with the idea after watching RGIII tape.


Can never admit you might be wrong about something can you, yes Pete stole the idea from Shanahan, He smarltly implemented it in our offense. We were talking about the Game on SUNDAY and who called the plays on the game winning and tieing drives that you were so ardently defending Bevell on.


I admit I'm wrong on plenty of things. Just debate the point and stop making it personal. I read it as a general point at the start. It's not hard to see why I'd think that.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Could Bevell leave?
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:49 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am
Posts: 6364
HawkFan72 wrote:
-The Glove- wrote:
Nobodys asking for perfection...but how is running it at the 2 strongest tackles on a D over and over good playcalling?


Isn't Cable in charge of crafting the plan for the run game?

Maybe...is he calling the plays in-game though? If it's not working all game, go with something else.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Could Bevell leave?
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:49 pm 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am
Posts: 10044
The Miami end of game playcalling had more fingerprints on it than just Bevell's. Besides, the D choked much worse.

_________________
SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Could Bevell leave?
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:50 pm 
* Report Button *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm
Posts: 9923
theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
We have no idea who is responsible. All I know is I've watched the game again tonight and Bevell is constantly speaking to RW. He is at the forefront of everything. And I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt to the OC and playcaller rather than second guess who does what.

And so should everyone else really. It seriously sounds at times like Hawks fans just make up their mind and that's that. See: Flynn/Wilson, Bevell, previously Gus Bradley etc etc.


I dont know who's responsible either. But, unlike you, I dont run out to label those who defend Bevell. So, I got that going for me.

Truth is, we're all uneducated NFL nerds on here. None of us truly know any more than the other. So, the implication and attempt to label all Bevell critics as mob-mentality, knee-jerk, reactionary rubes, is tired. It clogs discussions and discounts some legit questioning of Bevell’s ability.


Last edited by pehawk on Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Could Bevell leave?
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:51 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am
Posts: 6364
"Especially in the last, fourth quarter and the end of the game as well, (I was telling the coaches), 'Hey, that read option is wide open pretty much,'" Wilson said. "So we just have to trust the process, and make sure I'm making the right reads."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Could Bevell leave?
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:52 pm 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am
Posts: 10044
Russell Wilson will progress with or without Bevell.

_________________
SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Could Bevell leave?
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:55 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am
Posts: 7849
pehawk wrote:
I dont know who's responsible either. But, unlike you, I dont run out to label those who defend Bevell. So, I got that going for me.

Truth is, we're all uneducated NFL nerds on here. None of us truly know any more than the other. So, the implication and attempt to label all his Bevell critics as mob-mentality, knee-jerk, reactionary rubes, is tired. It clogs discussions and discounts some legit questioning of Bevell’s ability.


Yeah... how poor of me to discount the following post, so rich in detail: "You can have him I think bevell is horrible at play calling"

I mean, that isn't knee-jerk or reactionary at all. And that aint clogging up the discussion is it?

Seahawks fans have moaned about every offensive coordinator we've in my time following the team. Seahawks fans complained all the time about Holmgren's play calling too. And Seahawks fans will continue to moan about it until the day the team sports the leagues clear #1 offense. It's part of the territory here.

But I'm glad we've been able to 'clog up the discussion' a little more with this exchange.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Could Bevell leave?
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:56 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
Posts: 9171
Location: Renton Wa.
Quote:
This is the classic type of fan-blah blah I was referring to earlier.

Tell you what, watch two of the best teams in the NFL next weekend in the early games if you get a chance. You'll notice their play calling isn't 100% perfect either. I seem to remember Bevell calling two brilliant drives in Chicago on Sunday, but let's forget about important things like that.

And yeah - no credit for Wilson's development. Again.




Quote:
No, I'm talking about the two drives where he masterfully executed the zone read offense that Bevell was calling. That was part of the game plan.

And people calling Bevell out for being conservative against Miami - again - need to remember what Pete's philosophy is here. Carroll had as much say in that as anyone IMO.



So you thought it was general discussion yet you commented on the specific details of waht we were talking about.

I guess I can't believe what I read.

_________________
Image

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
.Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Could Bevell leave?
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:56 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 9:03 pm
Posts: 1047
If this happened, who would be a good pick up for O-coordinator? Andy Reid?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Could Bevell leave?
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:59 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am
Posts: 7849
chris98251 wrote:
So you thought it was general discussion yet you commented on the specific details of waht we were talking about.

I guess I can't believe what I read.


What are you even talking about?

You wrote: "Running the option read was Wilsons idea and he lobbied for it." I read that as it being his idea initially and said it was Carroll's idea. You were referring to the Chicago game specifically and not in general. It's not hard to work out why I read it as I did. And it's hardly worth arguing the toss over.

But don't worry, Pehawk will be here in a moment to tell you your clogging the discussion up.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Could Bevell leave?
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:59 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
Posts: 9171
Location: Renton Wa.
Garrett in Dallas may not be too bad either, he did better as a OC. Not sure about his WCO experience though, I think Garrett is going to be on the outs is why I mention him.

Oh and so will Whisenhunt, but I'm thinking Reid may land there and try to salvage Kolb and that offense.

_________________
Image

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
.Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.


Last edited by chris98251 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Could Bevell leave?
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:59 pm 
* Report Button *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm
Posts: 9923
theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
pehawk wrote:
I dont know who's responsible either. But, unlike you, I dont run out to label those who defend Bevell. So, I got that going for me.

Truth is, we're all uneducated NFL nerds on here. None of us truly know any more than the other. So, the implication and attempt to label all his Bevell critics as mob-mentality, knee-jerk, reactionary rubes, is tired. It clogs discussions and discounts some legit questioning of Bevell’s ability.


Yeah... how poor of me to discount the following post, so rich in detail: "You can have him I think bevell is horrible at play calling"

I mean, that isn't knee-jerk or reactionary at all. And that aint clogging up the discussion is it?

Seahawks fans have moaned about every offensive coordinator we've in my time following the team. Seahawks fans complained all the time about Holmgren's play calling too. And Seahawks fans will continue to moan about it until the day the team sports the leagues clear #1 offense. It's part of the territory here.

But I'm glad we've been able to 'clog up the discussion' a little more with this exchange.


You chose to answer that specific post. And ignore reasons I, and others, laid out.

I never complained about Holmgren's play-calling. I actually like Bates, ALOT. I've never once ripped Bradley. So, I have no idea what you're talking about.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Could Bevell leave?
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:03 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am
Posts: 6364
chris98251 wrote:
Garrett in Dallas may not be too bad either, he did better as a OC. Not sure about his WCO experience though, I think Garrett is going to be on the outs is why I mention him.

Oh and so will Whisenhunt, but I'm thinking Reid may land there and try to salvage Kolb and that offense.

How about Norv Turner?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Could Bevell leave?
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:04 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am
Posts: 7849
pehawk wrote:
You who chose to answer that specific post. And ignore reasons I, and others, laid out.

I never complained about Holmgren's play-calling. I actually like Bates, ALOT. I've never once ripped Bradley. So, I have no idea what you're talking about.


Lot's of people complained about Holmgren's play calling and you know it. Just because YOU didn't doesn't mean it didn't happen. Full back draw anyone?

Ditto with Bates. There were no tears shed when he left. It's the way it is. Fans like to moan about the coordinators over here. There are a lot of people on this forum just blerting out 'Bevell sucks, he cannot play call'. You're arguing the toss because you apparently haven't just said that. Guess what - I never claimed everyone not 100% thrilled with Bevell DID.

Frigging hell this is hard work. I'm done arguing over this. Wisconsin fan - good luck in your coaching search. You could do a lot worse than Darrell Bevell.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Could Bevell leave?
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:04 pm 
* Report Button *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm
Posts: 9923
-The Glove- wrote:
chris98251 wrote:
Garrett in Dallas may not be too bad either, he did better as a OC. Not sure about his WCO experience though, I think Garrett is going to be on the outs is why I mention him.

Oh and so will Whisenhunt, but I'm thinking Reid may land there and try to salvage Kolb and that offense.

How about Norv Turner?


Now you're talking. Or, just give it to Cable.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Could Bevell leave?
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:06 pm 
* Report Button *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm
Posts: 9923
theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
pehawk wrote:
You who chose to answer that specific post. And ignore reasons I, and others, laid out.

I never complained about Holmgren's play-calling. I actually like Bates, ALOT. I've never once ripped Bradley. So, I have no idea what you're talking about.


Lot's of people complained about Holmgren's play calling and you know it. Just because YOU didn't doesn't mean it didn't happen. Full back draw anyone?

Ditto with Bates. There were no tears shed when he left. It's the way it is. Fans like to moan about the coordinators over here. There are a lot of people on this forum just blerting out 'Bevell sucks, he cannot play call'. You're arguing the toss because you apparently haven't just said that. Guess what - I never claimed everyone not 100% thrilled with Bevell DID.

Frigging hell this is hard work. I'm done arguing over this. Wisconsin fan - good luck in your coaching search. You could do a lot worse than Darrell Bevell.


Dont forget your shinebox, manners and humility.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Could Bevell leave?
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:06 pm 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am
Posts: 10044
theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
pehawk wrote:
I dont know who's responsible either. But, unlike you, I dont run out to label those who defend Bevell. So, I got that going for me.

Truth is, we're all uneducated NFL nerds on here. None of us truly know any more than the other. So, the implication and attempt to label all his Bevell critics as mob-mentality, knee-jerk, reactionary rubes, is tired. It clogs discussions and discounts some legit questioning of Bevell’s ability.


Yeah... how poor of me to discount the following post, so rich in detail: "You can have him I think bevell is horrible at play calling"

I mean, that isn't knee-jerk or reactionary at all. And that aint clogging up the discussion is it?

Seahawks fans have moaned about every offensive coordinator we've in my time following the team. Seahawks fans complained all the time about Holmgren's play calling too. And Seahawks fans will continue to moan about it until the day the team sports the leagues clear #1 offense. It's part of the territory here.

But I'm glad we've been able to 'clog up the discussion' a little more with this exchange.

Lumping everyone together like you did here doesn't promote discussion, it says this vague group of fans you have labeled as Seahawk fans need to be as smart as you.

Just call out specific statements from specific posters instead of generalizing. Especially since you are using the "everyone complains about the OC" argument. Lots of OCs get fired every year, so sometimes fans must be right, right?

_________________
SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Could Bevell leave?
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:08 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am
Posts: 6364
pehawk wrote:
-The Glove- wrote:
chris98251 wrote:
Garrett in Dallas may not be too bad either, he did better as a OC. Not sure about his WCO experience though, I think Garrett is going to be on the outs is why I mention him.

Oh and so will Whisenhunt, but I'm thinking Reid may land there and try to salvage Kolb and that offense.

How about Norv Turner?


Now you're talking. Or, just give it to Cable.


I'm reading through his resume and OMG...impressive indeed. Just take a look at the offenses that he's had success with.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Could Bevell leave?
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:13 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am
Posts: 6364
-The Glove- wrote:

I'm reading through his resume and OMG...impressive indeed. Just take a look at the offenses that he's had success with.


*Took over the last place offense in Dallas in 91. Cowboys won the SB in 92 and 93.

*Emmitt Smith led the league in rushing all 3 years under Turner

*Troy Aikman was 7-18 before Norv. 31-11 after. 6-0 in postseason

*Michael Irvin never finished lower than 2nd in receiving yards under Turner


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Could Bevell leave?
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:14 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
Posts: 9171
Location: Renton Wa.
To their credit and not Bevells alone, Pete Cable and Bevell have designed an offense that adapted to Wilsons attributes, moving him out, read option and changing the blocking up some. Problem we have is when calling plays he gets predictable and seems to lose sight a lot of whats working and or will not change things up to keep a defense honest. The read option will fail as well if you don't counter it with traditional passing once the defense spreads out to contain the edges more and the safeties move up.

_________________
Image

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
.Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Could Bevell leave?
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:14 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am
Posts: 7849
Scottemojo wrote:
Lumping everyone together like you did here doesn't promote discussion, it says this vague group of fans you have labeled as Seahawk fans need to be as smart as you.

Just call out specific statements from specific posters instead of generalizing. Especially since you are using the "everyone complains about the OC" argument. Lots of OCs get fired every year, so sometimes fans must be right, right?


Actually, I was using the 'a lot of people complain about the OC argument'. But thanks for bringing me back for one more post in this godforsaken thread.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Could Bevell leave?
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:19 pm 
* Report Button *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm
Posts: 9923
I'm really NOT being personal with English. I dont like the "I'm smarter than the masses" implications. Not saying that was his intent, but I personally read it that way, and am wrong most of the time. I dont think he's one of the "hey I have broadband, blog and spare time so I know more" people. Those people bug me, because basically my 3yo can say the same thing.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Could Bevell leave?
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:31 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am
Posts: 7849
You're right, I don't have spare time.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Could Bevell leave?
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:45 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
Posts: 9831
Stuje1 wrote:
I am a Badger fan that has converted into a big Seahawks fan this season due to DangerRuss. I even cheered them on loudly against my hometeam Bears while at Soldier field this past weekend. Been an exciting season to hop on board as a Seahawks fan!

Anyway, I am writing my first post but have been lurking all season. As you may have saw, Coach Bielema left the Badgers in a surprise move and is headed to Arkansas. The reason it affects the Hawks is that Bevell is one of the leading candidates to replace him at UW. Not sure if both sides will ultimately be interested, but I know there is some mixed feelings about Bevell on here and wanted to mention the interesting possibility that he could leave for the head coaching job at UW....

(btw, I'm looking forward to being a part of net nation!)

Praying to the rumor gawds this is true. Maybe they'll take the ball-less wonder that is Gus Bradley as well. :th2thumbs:

_________________
42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS century, deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Could Bevell leave?
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:51 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am
Posts: 6364
Sports Hernia wrote:
Stuje1 wrote:
I am a Badger fan that has converted into a big Seahawks fan this season due to DangerRuss. I even cheered them on loudly against my hometeam Bears while at Soldier field this past weekend. Been an exciting season to hop on board as a Seahawks fan!

Anyway, I am writing my first post but have been lurking all season. As you may have saw, Coach Bielema left the Badgers in a surprise move and is headed to Arkansas. The reason it affects the Hawks is that Bevell is one of the leading candidates to replace him at UW. Not sure if both sides will ultimately be interested, but I know there is some mixed feelings about Bevell on here and wanted to mention the interesting possibility that he could leave for the head coaching job at UW....

(btw, I'm looking forward to being a part of net nation!)

Praying to the rumor gawds this is true. Maybe they'll take the ball-less wonder that is Gus Bradley as well. :th2thumbs:

And replace him with Monte Kiffin? :grin:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Could Bevell leave?
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:53 pm 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:50 pm
Posts: 344
razgriz737 wrote:
I'm not gonna pretend I'm some expert by any means, but it doesn't give me a whole lotta confidence in our OC when I go into .NET chat on game day and see guys fairly consistently predicting plays.

Maybe that's more of a compliment to our posters here than it is a knock on Bevell.


No way a Pop warner D could consistently predict him


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Could Bevell leave?
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:56 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:01 pm
Posts: 3181
I'd love to see him go to Wisconsin.

Then, when the next guy shows up, and doesn't do as well as Bevell, people will freak out, long for Bevell, and the wailing and gnashing of teeth will be utterlly hilarious.

I'd be fairly amused by people forgetting how they wanted to lynch Bevell, and calling how they called it how Bevell was so good and we should've never let him go.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Could Bevell leave?
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:32 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 5:51 am
Posts: 2407
If you can't find it within you to be happy for the guy when someone on our staff either moves on or up, you should wonder, IF NO ONE ELSE WANTS HIM WHY IS HE ON OUR STAFF!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Could Bevell leave?
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:33 pm 
* Report Button *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm
Posts: 9923
seedhawk wrote:
If you can't find it within you to be happy for the guy when someone on our staff either moves on or up, you should wonder, IF NO ONE ELSE WANTS HIM WHY IS HE ON OUR STAFF!


???


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 12HawkFan, Aros, brettb3, bryantology79, CamanoIslandJQ, crucifyd, ctrcat, drdiags, Exploding, ferg82, Google [Bot], HappyMonkey, Hawksfan76, Hollywood_and_Vine, hoxrox, jdruaint, King Dog, ManBunts, misfit, Mr. McGibblets, MSNbot Media, seadoc30, Seahwkgal, SPRC, streets24, Yahoo [Bot], ZeusGalore and 151 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.