Could Bevell leave?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: Could Bevell leave?
Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:08 am
  • There is certainly a couple of times this year I was left wondering "what the hell were you thinking" Bevel. But I have to say this. Would this conversation be happening IF the D had done their job against Mia and Det? If we were 9-3 right now would we be having much of an issue with Bevel? Has he not helped to bring Wilson along well as English has pointed out? Has he not done some very good things this year also? The win-loss record is usually a good indicator of how a coaching staff is doing....and looking at our record I'd put more "blame" on our losses on the other side of the ball. Yeah, in the end I'd like to see Bevel another year for sure.
    Oh DonkoSpurt We Hardly Knew Ye!
    samwize77
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:27 am
  • For me, blaming Bevell was the easy call.
    I was wrong.

I have some fundamental disagreements with our entire offensive philosophy, but within the constraints of that system, Bevell is doing a very good job.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:36 am
  • I'm just glad my school (NC State) locked up Doeren, probably Wisky's first choice, last week.
    aawolf
    NET Starter

Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:29 am
  • I think if I'm entirely offbase with my Bevell dissatisfaction, we'll see it, shortly. Looking at the pieces, Wilsons progression, and the confidence earned in Wilson mean its time to score. I know Pete's conservative, but I think that was a feeling-out period with Wilson. Pete will take scoring, every time, all game. From what I've seen, the tools are there to now put pressure on defense for a full 4 quarters.

I'm expecting scoring now. C'mon Bevell.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:31 am
  • Personally, I think Bevell has been an above average OC given the early constraints on this system (Wilson, smashmouth run game with an ever shifting offensive line) leading to some moments of greatness as the offense congeals.

He's done some great things with a WR crew that, before the season, people were worried was going to be a major weakness (who would have predicted Tate's sudden emergence as our co-TD leader?), and a few bone-headed decisions aside - which are going to happen EVERY game - I've enjoyed watching the offense over the past few weeks.

So, I think it'd be a great hire for Wisconsin, because, as kearly mentioned, he seems to have a good idea how to develop talent, but I'd like to see another season from him.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:07 am
  • If Bevell leaves, Russell Wilson could just call his own plays.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:35 pm
  • According to Tim Booth today:

"#Seahawks offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell says he has not been contacted about the #Wisconsin head coaching job"
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:55 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information