ESPN is bringing up Goldengate...again

Hawken-Dazs

Reaction score
On ESPN NFL frontpage. I urge fans not to read or take part in the comments section. It's kinda infuriating.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/50222/kicking-off-the-nfc-playoff-standings

At the moment, the NFL's "Fail Mary" is directly impacting the playoff position of three teams in the NFC. There are four long weeks remaining before the postseason is set, but it's reasonable to believe that Tate's disputed touchdown reception -- a play that gave the Seattle Seahawks a 14-12 victory over the Green Bay Packers as time expired -- will weave its way into the 2012 playoff tapestry.

Hawks46

Reaction score
They're just looking for drama.

Seriously, it's so stupid. Like that was GB's only loss. How about all their other losses, they are somehow less impactful ? Oh, that's right, they somehow only count as half a loss, while the one received at our hands counts double.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Hawken-Dazs":1ljonne6 said:
On ESPN NFL frontpage. I urge fans not to read or take part in the comments section. It's kinda infuriating.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/50222/kicking-off-the-nfc-playoff-standings

At the moment, the NFL's "Fail Mary" is directly impacting the playoff position of three teams in the NFC. There are four long weeks remaining before the postseason is set, but it's reasonable to believe that Tate's disputed touchdown reception -- a play that gave the Seattle Seahawks a 14-12 victory over the Green Bay Packers as time expired -- will weave its way into the 2012 playoff tapestry.
Good!

Wiseguy

Reaction score
Good for the packers, I hope it does screw them. They are going to write about it no matter what, we knew this from the time it happened.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Wiseguy":15mnppwe said:
Good. for the packers, I hope it does screw them. They are going to write about it no matter what, we knew this from the time it happened.
And I hope ESPN chokes on it the entire post-season!

drdiags

Reaction score
Seifert is the Mike Sando of the NFC North. Team is in his division and he gets kudos from them by bringing this up. Sort of like what Graziano is doing with his rankings where he will not rate the Seahawks any higher than a team with one less win.

It is an exercise in futility but it helps his page hits. Redskins would be the 2nd wildcard seed **if** the world was lollipops and rainbows.

Cry me a river and count me in when the Superbowl trophy is awarded to the team that deserves it and not the team that happens to get some really nice breaks. This is the essence of sports all those jokers claim to love.

jamsomatic

Reaction score
Ugh. We may combatting this bullshit well into the playoffs and you know darn well that we will need to beat Green Bay handily to overcome any 'justice-seeking' by the NFL and its officials.....

Let's just get homefield please.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I hope we meet them in the playoffs and run for 260 yards while keeping the ball for 45 minutes, allowing Rodgers a couple of 3 and outs to the tune of 45 - 0! Skunk!

ivotuk

Reaction score
LOL...this is evil but Tate should start doing the "Discount Double Check" and the "fist pump" touchdown dances :p

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Yep, building up the hype for another rematch in the playoffs. They sense that Seattle will be in the playoffs and causing a stir.

If Niners retain the 2nd seed, Seattle owns tiebreakers over both GB and Chicago and would be the higher seed WC spot in the event of a tie with either.
It's very possible: Chicago=6th seed, Seattle=5th seed, Giants=4th seed, Packers=3rd seed at the end of the season. We'd play the Giants in the first round leaving Bears and Packers to duke it out. We'd be fying across the country but playing on fieldturf rather than those other crappy grass surfaces though.

razgriz737

Reaction score
ivotuk":3erjncpx said:
LOL...this is evil but Tate should start doing the "Discount Double Check" and the "fist pump" touchdown dances :p
Oh man...he'd probably start getting mailed packages of cheese covered in anthrax.

AVL

Reaction score
ivotuk":3kz44g3x said:

I approve.

Decimation

Reaction score
ivotuk":2bxdxlkx said:
Lmao, I would love for that to happen if we face them in the playoffs.

OP
OP
Hawken-Dazs

Hawken-Dazs

Reaction score
ivotuk":1cxcqezj said:

How about this:

Discount Double Check move followed by his schoolgirl laugh.

Seeker

Reaction score
Russell Wilson to packers fans: "i made up for my amazing game winning pass to beat you by making two gamming winning passes to beat the bears and give you first place in your division. now stop crying and see me in the playoffs. "

Rainger

Reaction score
jamsomatic":28kzf1ho said:
Ugh. We may combatting this bullshit well into the playoffs and you know darn well that we will need to beat Green Bay handily to overcome any 'justice-seeking' by the NFL and its officials.....

Let's just get homefield please.
we will be dealing with this shit for the life of the Seahawks. (foreever mark my words, it will be brought up 10 years from now) The media creates what it wants and perpetrates for ever. To this day lies and other lies are continued in the media as truths. They are above the facts. They only want the power of making the populace believe what they want for their own agenda.

sturg78

Reaction score
I will say to this the same thing I say to bad ref calls: Make better plays sooner and don't let RW and Tate into the position to embarrass your team. Just because it was the last play of the game doesn't mean it was what won the game. Stop the Seahawks earlier, score more TD, Run the clock out, etc.

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
It was a flippin legit touchdown, I hope everyone who thinks otherwise gets the boubonic plague and dies. If you are one of the 12th man, I don't hope you die but you can still catch the flu or something uncomfortable.

dunceface

Reaction score
CaptainSkybeard":3s9xxama said:
It was a flippin legit touchdown, I hope everyone who thinks otherwise gets the boubonic plague and dies. If you are one of the 12th man, I don't hope you die but you can still catch the flu or something uncomfortable.

+1 Virus

JKent82

Reaction score
I hope we get in with plenty of room to spare and then smash the packers. Shut up all the rabble.

Latest posts