D Line WOES

hawker84

Reaction score
most of us in here have been talking about the Defensive lines lack of sacks and pressures for the last several games, with good reason.... but i was listening to Mark Schlereth yesterday on the drive home from work and he talked about this..

he was actually eluding to Chicago's offensive line woes, where fans were saying it looked like the line got some of their issues fixed, because they looked pretty good against us... mark went on to say, it was all smoke and mirrors, because the line was keeping 7 or 8 guys in to block and only running 2 and some times only 1 man pass routes...

so that would explain, why our D line was not effective sunday, i wonder if there is more to this, if other teams have been doing similar things and we just havent' noticed... but by any account, i'm was glad to hear that, because i was starting to seriously doubt some of those guys, still some concern but not as much any more?

Rainger

Reaction score
hawker84":1s7bi0xv said:
most of us in here have been talking about the Defensive lines lack of sacks and pressures for the last several games, with good reason.... but i was listening to Mark Schlereth yesterday on the drive home from work and he talked about this..

he was actually eluding to Chicago's offensive line woes, where fans were saying it looked like the line got some of their issues fixed, because they looked pretty good against us... mark went on to say, it was all smoke and mirrors, because the line was keeping 7 or 8 guys in to block and only running 2 and some times only 1 man pass routes...

so that would explain, why our D line was not effective sunday, i wonder if there is more to this, if other teams have been doing similar things and we just havent' noticed... but by any account, i'm was glad to hear that, because i was starting to seriously doubt some of those guys, still some concern but not as much any more?
Yes but this means our secondary should have had double or triple coverage on every receiver and we were still torched in passing, ouch.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
And if other teams are keeping 7 or 8 in to pass block, where is the blitzing? Seriously if you give any NFL WR time combined with the QB getting time, the WR will get open more often than not and the QB will find him. Double and triple coverage sure didn't work on Marshall. How about more blitzing?