New CB's signed - Parker and Shead

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
KING 5 Sports ‏@KING5Sports
The #Seahawks sign CB Ron Parker from the Panthers practice squad to the active roster. Same with CB DeShawn Shead.

Seahawks CBs now Richard Sherman, Walter Thurmond, Marcus Trufant, Jeremy Lane, Byron Maxwell, Ron Parker, DeShawn Shead

JonRud

Reaction score
Looks like our CBs are not winning any suspension appeals. sigh....

Shaz

Reaction score
They had no shot in winning the appeal

The NFL is the judge, jury and executioner unfortunately

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Well, since Browner has already started his suspension, this probably means that Sherm will probably lose his appeal soon as well.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
JonRud":1hsj9efm said:
Looks like our CBs are not winning any suspension appeals. sigh....
Sounds like you're not aware that Browner dropped his appeal and therefore, his 4-game suspension begins immediately.

Sherman's hearing is still set for Dec. 14th, I believe.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I like how they're going to be staggered. I'm guessing these are depth guys in case of injury. They can't sign them to the active roster, then make them inactive, but not on the PS, can they ?

I see Thurmond starting for Browner. Let's hope they can keep Fitz away from him....that's a tough draw your first game back after an extended layoff.

Largent80

Reaction score
Well, we had to do something. I sure hope those 2 straighten themselves out for the team and their lives. I mean Browner was stating innocence and then dropped his appeal.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I don't get the adderol thing. It is dangerous for athletes to take. My nephew does have ADHD and takes it but refrained from playing sports while taking it. I gave him panic attacks when he exercised.
Weird. I still think the NFL set them up since they DO NOT want Seattle in the playoffs. JMO.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
This was just a formality I suppose. Better to tear that particular band aid right the hell off I suppose. Somewhere in Wisconsin a Packer fan just soiled himself.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":3tc7jk4o said:
I don't get the adderol thing. It is dangerous for athletes to take. My nephew does have ADHD and takes it but refrained from playing sports while taking it. I gave him panic attacks when he exercised.
Weird. I still think the NFL set them up since they DO NOT want Seattle in the playoffs. JMO.

We don't know if was adderall at all. A) Because the NFL CANNOT RELEASE what the positive test was for. So a player can just blame Adderall and the NFL can't refute it. Who knows what it was.

It sucks that this wasn't addressed earlier, it sounded like these positive test occured in the preseason. Maybe I'm mistaken on that.

ak3000

Reaction score
Test was in Sept players informed in Oct. would have been nice to have these suspensions occur earlier... But then again we don't know how that would have affected those games.

Jville

Reaction score
jlwaters1":6oc4sc1f said:
Seahwkgal":6oc4sc1f said:

We don't know if was adderall at all. A) Because the NFL CANNOT RELEASE what the positive test was for. So a player can just blame Adderall and the NFL can't refute it. Who knows what it was.

It sucks that this wasn't addressed earlier, it sounded like these positive test occured in the preseason. Maybe I'm mistaken on that.

Allderall was reported as the cause on NFL network news update. I would think the reporter will hear about the privacy issue. But, I heard it clearly. Allderall was reported as the violation substance in the case of Brandon Browner.

mikeak

Reaction score
This is smart. With the cut yesterday to Edwards there was one roster spot open unless I missed them filling it with someone else. Then because of the suspension to Browner we get to fill that roster spot so they get two Cornerbacks in there to work out and can go with the better one right away

Jville

Reaction score
DeShawn Shead is a safety. The Winston Guy suspension may have opened up the door for DeShawn to have an opportunity this year instead of having to wait till next year. If DeShawn contributes on game day, he could offer the team momentum finishing out the regular season.

The Winston Guy suspension has two more weeks to run. I suspect Guy's limited market value has taken a big hit with the suspension. I think his return to the roster is questionable. Practice squad may be more likely.

PAT206

Reaction score
keep Sherman around an extra week to cover Fitzgerald. Give Walter a week being #2 before jumping to #1 against the Bills. Get Browner back Week 1 of Playoffs, Sherm Week 2 playoffs or next year...