Dangeruss and Macklemore & Ryan Lewis

OP
OP
largenutz

largenutz

Reaction score
yea I met him last time the blue scholars were here couple months ago. he was cool, sounds like jeezy live, Grynch was super cool, he remembered me from last scholars show, met Geo n Sabzi but I think they were trippin on me cuz I was tore up. I'm finishing a painting today to hopefully have macklemore & Ryan Lewis sign. I wish I could post on here, but the pixels are too high, I've tried with other paintings I've done.
Holla back, I've noticed you are in music biz.

Fuzzman55

Reaction score
Very cool, thanks. This should probably go in the Wilson Love Fest thread as well.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Great video.

The music, however, makes me yearn for the mid-to late 90s days of Biggie, AZ, Jay-Z (reasonable doubt), Mos Def, Warren G etc. Never heard of these dudes so I'll check out more of their stuff and not form an entire opinion of them based upon one song.

OP
OP
largenutz

largenutz

Reaction score
^^ don't kno what to tell ya but TREAT YO SELF, DON'T CHEAT YOSELF, these guys are reppin the town the right way. Make me proud to be from the six, I've been everywhere in the united states and two other continents. just another part of the brilliant Seattle music scene, thats about to blow up AGAIN! Being away from Seattle, the only thing I like as much as the hawks is Seattle music.

dunceface

Reaction score
If ur checkin out Macklemore make sure u check his old stuff like Language of my World and not just his new stuff with Ryan Lewis to get a fair representation...

Giblien

Reaction score
What amazes me is that all of these highlights are from his ROOKIE YEAR! Just think about the highlight reel we will be able to look back on in 10 years time. :)

Basis4day

Reaction score
[youtube]NOhn4Zbpr7g[/youtube] [youtube]kL9gzkA0s5A[/youtube]

Can't say i blame the two guys for having the same idea. I'll watch both over and over.
I think i like it opening with the draft rather than Schefter.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Macklemore is the man, I've had Thrift Shop on an endless loop on my iPod for a good month. Even if you don't like rap, you've got to admire the guy for his unabashed love of Seattle.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
I like how it ends with with a middle finger to Packers and National Media.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Niiiiice. Mack & RW have been representing Seattle with such class, positivity, and GAME to boot. It's an exciting time on so many fronts.

For any curious, but non-initiated, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis have a really special thing going. They're touring the country right now to huge response, getting love from all kinds of media, topping iTunes charts, and doing it all independently (no major label, no indie label, all self-released). I'm a music fan across the board, but haven't been really into hip-hop since the mid 90s, with Tribe Called Quest, Beastie Boys, Digital Underground (who Tupac started with), Digable Planets, etc. Macklemore is the only rapper who's ever brought tears to my eyes with a song (two, in fact). If you like music and artists breaking new ground with positive messages, check him out.

Hopefully RW will be the first QB to bring me to tears... when he gets us the Lombardi. :th2thumbs:

Latest posts