Yahoo Power Rankings...

DynoHawk

Reaction score
I'm not a big power ranking guy, but i like the comment they made.
"8. Seattle Seahawks (7-5)
Last week: 10
If the Seahawks were wondering what their secondary would look like without Richard Sherman and Brandon Browner, they got a pretty good glimpse in last Sunday's 23-17 overtime win over the Bears as Brandon Marshall had a 10-catch, 165-yard performance against the pair of likely-to-be suspended cornerbacks. Fortunately, the Seahawks have Russell Wilson, who appears fully capable of putting the team on his back and getting them into the playoffs."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...s-texans-fend-off-falcons-150727259--nfl.html

Maybe the offense is finally good enough that we don't need to rely solely on our defense to keep us in the game.

JKent82

Reaction score
I think knowing Pete Carroll defensive philosophy is not corner-centric and that we play mostly poor passing attacks we'll be alright.

Thurmond got a taste this week and better be ready to go next week. I think they took him along slowly enough that he's gonna be fine.

djb28

Reaction score
What if we did not have Sherman and Browner in that game? Maybe they would have scored twice as many points and our offense would not have been able to recover..?

Cartire

Reaction score
The front 4 are getting tons of pressure. Sure they are not logging the sacks as much in the last few games, but watching those pockets collapse and the QB's having to scramble (undesigned) and get rid of the ball quickly is seriously impacting other teams.

The front 4's biggest job is causing the QB to make mistakes. Sacks are icing on the cake.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Hmm. Knowing that the guy writing the article is a Seahawks fan, I'm surprised that he would make such a sweeping generalization about our secondary like that.

SmokeyHawk

Reaction score
Plus, looks like we worked out Roy Lewis...always liked him. (hopefully working him out just to make sure he's in shape...we kinda know a bit about the guy already)

-SH

HawkWow

Reaction score
Never been a better time for Clemons and Irvin to put on their big boy pants.