Unbelievably, I do not own a Seahawks jersey yet.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
I really wanted my first one to be extremely memorable. Just a player I know will be great. I started being a fan in 2010, and no offense to that team, they were not that good. 2011 had a talented team, but no big name players.

Now that it's 2012 and we have Russell Wilson though (oh yeah you know you saw it coming), I MUST have a Wilson jersey in his rookie season, I shall NOT miss out on one.

Any suggestions on the kinds of jerseys to get, ect? Since this will be my first real jersey (had a crappy Tatupu one early on in 2010, but that one doesn't count :p ), I would love some nice quality. Suggestions?

hedgehawk

Reaction score
I curse every player I get a jersey of. Simmons, Springs, Alexander, Tatupu, everyone of them was off the team within 2 years of me getting their jersey. No way am I getting a Wilson jersey. I'll stick to a retired player like Walter Jones if I get another jersey.

I don't think you can go wrong with Earl Thomas or a 12 jersey though.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Well right now the only Wilson jersey's are the Nike Game ones, which are good quality.. but they're not stitched.

I'm sure you had a Reebok jersey back in 2010.. so I suggest you go to a store that sells Hawk's jerseys and try them on. They really do fit a bit differently than the Reebok ones, but the quality is much improved.

If you want one thats near the authentics, right now unfortunately your only option is to custom make it.. which I think is $349.

OP
OP
hawksfan515

hawksfan515

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2dyx940q said:
Well right now the only Wilson jersey's are the Nike Game ones, which are good quality.. but they're not stitched.

I'm sure you had a Reebok jersey back in 2010.. so I suggest you go to a store that sells Hawk's jerseys and try them on. They really do fit a bit differently than the Reebok ones, but the quality is much improved.

If you want one thats near the authentics, right now unfortunately your only option is to custom make it.. which I think is $349.

I might be able to get an authentic, as Christmas is near. And what's the big difference between stitched and not stitched? Apologize in advance for my ignorance.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
hawksfan515":1sfnalmn said:
I might be able to get an authentic, as Christmas is near. And what's the big difference between stitched and not stitched? Apologize in advance for my ignorance.

Ummm.. really the BIGGEST difference is the numbers and lettering on the name. As instead of the screen print its stitched on. However the Nike screen printing is light years better than the Reebok ones. So it's well worth the $100 price, but with the holidays around you might be able to fight a spot that will knock 15-20% off it.

I'd suggest you go try them on though, they really do fit a bit different than the Reebok. But I think you'd find the $100 Game jersey to be just fine. :th2thumbs:

OP
OP
hawksfan515

hawksfan515

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2j4u9cii said:
hawksfan515":2j4u9cii said:

Ummm.. really the BIGGEST difference is the numbers and lettering on the name. As instead of the screen print its stitched on. However the Nike screen printing is light years better than the Reebok ones. So it's well worth the $100 price, but with the holidays around you might be able to fight a spot that will knock 15-20% off it.

I'd suggest you go try them on though, they really do fit a bit different than the Reebok. But I think you'd find the $100 Game jersey to be just fine. :th2thumbs:

Thanks Hasselbeck this definitely helps :179422:

I feel like I gotta go get a custom one though. I wanna be able to say I got a really nice Wilson jersey in his historic record breaking rookie season.... (knock on wood) :mrgreen:

largenutz

Reaction score
to the op - why doesn't a tatupu count? He's one of my all time faves and Id love to have a tatupu jersey!

MrCarey

Reaction score
Wilson, Rice, Tate, or Lynch. I can't believe I named all offensive players for jersey choice, but that's what you should get. Wilson is your best bet right now, though. He is going to be better and better for the next 10 years, so he'll basically be a Tatupu or Hasselbeck jersey.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
I did pretty well with my first Seahawks jersey, a pretty decent Hasselbeck. My 2nd one wasn't as fortunate. John Carlson was gone before I even broke the darned thing in. Kinda was waiting to make sure the next one will be around a while. Now thinking Wilson would be a good one to get.

The Radish

Reaction score
Am I the only one that thinks you will have problems finding one that will fit over your head?

:D