Waiting on a call from the Seahawks

O-LineFan

Reaction score
Some of you will recall that I was looking for a way to have Coach Carroll speak at a conference that I'm helping to put together in Seattle.

After finding the Seahawk Appearance Request page, I realized that I needed more information from the planning committee before I could proceed with the request.

Now, it is done. I'm not sure if we'll be able to get him since we won't be able to pay him. It's in March, so I don't imagine he'll be horribly busy, but the lack of compensation makes me nervous.

Anyway, I know this won't spark much conversation, just thought some of you might find this process interesting.

sutz

Reaction score
It would not surprise me if Pete would do community conferences pro bono. He's big on that anyway, and it's not like the 'Hawks are paying him minimum wage or something.

Good luck! I imagine he'd be a great speaker.

What is the conference on, if I might ask?

OP
OP
O-LineFan

O-LineFan

Reaction score
It's a Risk and Insurance Management conference.

I pitched the idea to my colleagues because he's one of the best at building depth within the roster, which is the definition of risk mitigation. He understands that things go wrong, and our team needs to be prepared to deal with that (Sherman and Browners suspensions).

I'm also asking that he speak about leadership and the pursuit of excellence (the usual stuff).

Everyone always hangs on every word he says, figured he'd be a great keynote speaker.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
I'd say your odds are good if the conference is non profit and doesn't charge more than the cost of putting the conference on.

If you are charging for attendance at the conference, and it's a for profit group putting it on, there's probably zero chance he'll do it for free -- my understanding is that the fees he gets from speaking go more or less directly to his foundations i.e. he asks for people to write appearance checks directly to the foundations.

OP
OP
O-LineFan

O-LineFan

Reaction score
Ooooh I gotcha. Well we are charging attendance but it's only to cover the costs involved with putting on the conference.

It's not really a for-profit, as it's the embodiment of the risk management profession coming together.

We'll see though, some major NW companies going to be represented there, so it'd be a good networking situation for Carroll and the Seahawks organization.

fingers crossed.

HawkWow

Reaction score
O-LineFan":2iqjoenv said:
It's a Risk and Insurance Management conference.

I pitched the idea to my colleagues because he's one of the best at building depth within the roster, which is the definition of risk mitigation. He understands that things go wrong, and our team needs to be prepared to deal with that (Sherman and Browners suspensions).

I'm also asking that he speak about leadership and the pursuit of excellence (the usual stuff).

Everyone always hangs on every word he says, figured he'd be a great keynote speaker.

Risk management.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that just a nice way of saying, let's try to get out of paying this claim?

Soppie

Reaction score
I run a minor league football team in Yakima and recently contacted a company that sets up engagements for Golden Tate. To get him to Yakima next spring for a 3 hour meet and greet the wanted $10,000. I am sure the company was taking a cut but I thought that was really high for him. I can imagine Pete would pull more minus the travel and lodging cost (you know all the way to Yakima).