Positional watch: TEs

Hawks46

Reaction score
I've heard a few people here clamoring to draft a TE in the draft. Now, if the board falls to us and we can get a truly dominant TE, I'd be ok with it, as long as we don't ignore more important holes. So, hearing this, I've been watching the TE's the last few weeks.

It's hard for me to really figure out whether our TE's are progressing, or if our QB is progressing and seeing them more. A few things come up:

Miller. He's blocking less, and going into routes more. They seem to keep him underneath, and it clears out a LBer for McCoy. Miller really is an all pro TE....he caught 55 passes from Jason Campbell while with the Raiders. The Raiders also had a crushing running game during this time. I honestly think Miller gets a bad rap here.....he's easily the best blocking TE I've seen in the NFL, at least of all the guys that actually go out into routes. He's got great hands as well; not the fastest guy, but still quicker than Carlson was.

McCoy. He's really getting better. Thing is, he's on the field more because he's becoming a much better blocker. He's assignment correct, he's more physical at the point of attack, and he's showing better technique. He's also faster than Miller is; he's almost like a good blocking Winslow Jr....he gets good separation from almost any LBer I've seen, and he's becoming dynamic after the catch. Drops plagued him early in his career, but he seems to be more consistent there as well.

I"m really liking our 2 TE sets right now.

ensett

Reaction score
Miller an McCoy are nice, and i'm still a big fan of Morrah and McGrath

ensett

Reaction score
And with that, throwing in Moore, I now realize we cut Winslow because his last name didn't start with an M

sturg78

Reaction score
Morrah McCoy and Miller would be cool with me. Moore is not.

dutchcoug

Reaction score
Moore is horrible, he pushed off and still didn't catch the ball. Safe to say he won't be back next year. We will draft someone but probably in rounds 5-7 to comPETE.

vongstaTHEmonsta

Reaction score
Zach Miller is insane with the catching in traffic.

I swear he could catch the ball and get sucker dropped kick in the head and he'll still make the reception.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Emo seems like he's on the verge, but it's always "almost" with this guy. Does he just need more experience? Our have we seen his best?

red grenadine

Reaction score
If we're going to use a high draft pick on a TE in the near term, wait and draft Austin Seferian-Jenkins whenever he comes out.

VHawk

Reaction score
Can we shut the front door on the draft for gods sake,we are going to the playoffs and kicking peoples asses.No need to ponder that bullcrap that is for Cardinal fans to pontificate.

dutchcoug

Reaction score
VHawk":2fv2idv0 said:
Can we shut the front door on the draft for gods sake,we are going to the playoffs and kicking peoples asses.No need to ponder that bullcrap that is for Cardinal fans to pontificate.

We still need to consider who to get for the end of each round...

ensett

Reaction score
dutchcoug":36bdp9bp said:
VHawk":36bdp9bp said:

We still need to consider who to get for the end of each round...

We're probably gonna have all our picks taken away for committing murder on live TV