Was last week the turning point?

pehawk

Reaction score
Was last weeks Chicago victory the official "turning point"? The point where the Seahawks are bonafide, as good as anyone, Super Bowl contenders? I think so.

I think last week's game may be the last time we fear the Seahawks playing lessor competition, like the Bills next week. IMO, they know they can beat anyone now. Put it this way, if last week was week 1, IMO, the Hawks are a 13 win team. They wouldn't lose at Stl, Miami, Det, they'd win those.

For Holmgren's teams the turning point was the last road game of 2004, in San Francisco. Just like this version, that version couldn't beat the University of Colorado, if it was in Boulder. The Hawks won that game, and finally went into the playoffs. Then, in 2005, the Hawks proved it was the turning point, by finally beating the Rams, etc, etc.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I hope you're right. It would be great to be that "hot" team going into the playoffs and then carrying the momentum all the way thru to the Superbowl!

One thing i'm excited about is all the turnovers we generated today. Yea, a lot of it is because we were playing the Cardinals, but I think turnovers are contagious and generally come in bunches. Hopefully we can keep that going the rest of the way.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Could be....could be. (shaking my head in agreement)

Shane Falco

Reaction score
That's exactly the feeling I got after the Chicago game. But that's all it is... a feeling. They still gotta prove they can put together a road winning streak. I think they will.

lukerguy

Reaction score
I think so. The establishment of the read option, QB Run, RB Run, and P/A out of the option has given us real balance, and has kept opposing defenses off balance. I expect Lynch to run wild again next week against at team that is not very good against the run.

Later game on turf doesn't hurt us either.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
I just can't go that far. AZ is about as despondent a team as I've ever seen and it' s a mistake to read too much into this win. I think next week is a much better gauge, but to me the ultimate is how we face each week. It seems we've been victims of our own confidence a few times this year already.

But hey, if it turns out that Chicago was the turning point? We read it here first.