Sando is so great with words sometimes (Stock Watch)

HawkFan72

Reaction score
This is hilarious.

FALLING

1. 48th U.S. state. That would be Arizona, home of the only team in NFL history to lose a game by a 58-0 final score. The Cardinals' performance against Seattle was so bad, the Seahawks scored a touchdown even when they punted. Twice. Seattle scored more points on those two punts than the Cardinals have scored in their last 10 quarters.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/84471/nfc-west-stock-watch-34

sam1313

Reaction score
Also, rising:

3. Anthony McCoy, Seahawks TE. The final score in Seattle got most of the attention. There was plenty of credit to go around in Seattle. McCoy's first 100-yard receiving game could be a good sign for the Seahawks. McCoy made an important catch to help beat Chicago on the road last week. His 67-yard reception against the Cardinals set up Marshawn Lynch's touchdown run for a 17-0 lead early in the second quarter. Arizona hadn't scored more than 17 points in seven of its previous eight games.

Sweet!

kidhawk

Reaction score
The section about the Cardinals "offensive" staff, made me wonder if he meant the staff working with the offense of if their whole staff was just offensive :laugh:

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
We only score on a punt once, correct? The fumble return. I don't remember scoring on another fumble return, but then again, there was a lot of scoring.

OP
OP
HawkFan72

HawkFan72

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":quncmozf said:
We only score on a punt once, correct? The fumble return. I don't remember scoring on another fumble return, but then again, there was a lot of scoring.

We scored immediately after the punt, so I think he is counting that.

kidhawk

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":17qf5bwi said:

I counted 7 TD's yesterday

4 Rushing (Lynch 3 and Washington 1)
1 Passing (Wilson to Miller)
1 INT return (Sherman)
1 fumbled punt (Smith I believe)

So if my memory is correct, there was only 1, but it's still more TD's than they've scored in awhile :)

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
HawkFan72":34trmfup said:
CurryStopstheRuns":34trmfup said:

Gotcha. I was thinking in more literal terms it seems. I was sitting there racking my brain trying to come up with the second fumble return. It was the pass to Miller, correct? Or was it the Lynch run?

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
yea i thought there was just 1 score off a punt too. not sure what he is referring to.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
kidhawk":3toqvwz1 said:
CurryStopstheRuns":3toqvwz1 said:

1 INT return (Sherman)

So if my memory is correct, there was only 1, but it's still more TD's than they've scored in awhile :)

We scored directly off the punt fumble only once, but we scored immediately after another muffed punt on offense, so that's the second one.

OP
OP
HawkFan72

HawkFan72

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":3629oia6 said:
HawkFan72":3629oia6 said:
CurryStopstheRuns":3629oia6 said:

Gotcha. I was thinking in more literal terms it seems. I was sitting there racking my brain trying to come up with the second fumble return. It was the pass to Miller, correct? Or was it the Lynch run?

It was the pass to Miller right before half.

Peterson fumbled the punt with about 30 seconds to go in the half, and Miller scored a TD with 6 seconds to go.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
On a side note: I am very happy to have a coach and coordinator that understand taking a shot right after a turnover. The other team is already demoralized and a quick scoring pass usually lets the rest of the air out of the tires. Of course, in this game, the cardinals were running a few psi low by the start of the second quarter.

I guess what I am trying to say is that I love the throat punch mentality that has been lacking for a very long time, if it were ever present. The closest I can think of would be the '83 and '84 Seahawks.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
HawkFan72":180v6bt9 said:
It was the pass to Miller right before half.

Peterson fumbled the punt with about 30 seconds to go in the half, and Miller scored a TD with 6 seconds to go.

Gotcha, thanks. Those two touchdowns were relatively close, minus halftime.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":37hz7r7t said:
kidhawk":37hz7r7t said:
CurryStopstheRuns":37hz7r7t said:

1 INT return (Sherman)

We scored directly off the punt fumble only once, but we scored immediately after another muffed punt on offense, so that's the second one.

I can understand that as an interpretation, but it's not really what he wrote. He didn't say we scored directly because of fumbled punts, he said we scored ON 2 punts. It's just a blog, and I'm sure he just didn't write it how he meant it, but what he wrote deviates from the actuality of the situation.

I don't really care though, because I'm still hyped about the game. Just figured since someone else has noticed it I'd just throw the list of SEVEN TD's we scored out there, because it's just nice to see :)

rideaducati

Reaction score
Maybe they showed the replay and with all the scoring Seattle was doing Sando just assumed...

-The Glove-

Reaction score
sam1313":17mdhkfc said:
Also, rising:

3. Anthony McCoy, Seahawks TE. The final score in Seattle got most of the attention. There was plenty of credit to go around in Seattle. McCoy's first 100-yard receiving game could be a good sign for the Seahawks. McCoy made an important catch to help beat Chicago on the road last week. His 67-yard reception against the Cardinals set up Marshawn Lynch's touchdown run for a 17-0 lead early in the second quarter. Arizona hadn't scored more than 17 points in seven of its previous eight games.

Sweet!
Should've been 4 receptions for 120+ yards if not for the The Big Dummy, Breno Giacomini.