Mike Silver with a great Sherman article

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--seaha ... 00233.html

"I want to be the best, period," says Sherman, the 34th defensive back chosen in the 2011 draft. "A lot of people don't think it's possible, because how could a fifth-rounder be the best of all time? But that's what I want to be. Where you get drafted is such a big deal in the league, respect-wise, and that's why it still frustrates me."

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Man it is such a shame that the stupid suspension has marred his amazing season. I want him to get the recognition too. Obviously, if he broke the rules he deserves what he will get, but its such a bummer.

I did not know he went to high school with Jeron Johnson. Very cool.

Hawksfan78

Reaction score
I liked these quotes!!!! "Sometimes, he's just too smart for his own good," Thomas says, laughing. "He's gonna let you know it, too."

Says Sherman: "Oh definitely. 'Cause guys will forget sometimes, and we'll have to have a quick dialogue. We'll have to go deeper in the conversation. I'll have to hit 'em with words they'll have to Google. And then the game will be over."

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":27vxjzvm said:
Man it is such a shame that the stupid suspension has marred his amazing season. I want him to get the recognition too. Obviously, if he broke the rules he deserves what he will get, but its such a bummer.

Yeah I think Jeron was the QB and he was the top WR, they posted a pic together at a Domiguez game during the bye week in their letterman jackets.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":34ogxwjy said:

Still think there's little doubt he'll be 1st Team All Pro. Especially after last sunday.

EDIT: Just read the article. Didnt know (probably should have) that hes ineligible for post season awards if found guilty. Hopefully he proves innocent!

Steve2222

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2ctbzoev said:
Definitely my favorite Defensive player on the 'Hawks. I love that he just talks an endless stream of shit to everyone.

The Gary Payton of the NFL.

Awesome quote by Fitz

"There's no question he can play," Fitzgerald says of Sherman, who has six interceptions (tied for third in the NFL), 25 passes defensed (second in the league) and three forced fumbles. "He and Browner are really good. They mean everything to that defense. This allows Earl and Kam to fly around and be disruptive at safety. Earl flies around like Troy Polamalu minus the hair. They have a really underrated front four, but they can really rush the passer, which goes hand-in-hand with strong secondary play. Then playing in Seattle is hands-down the toughest place in the NFL — you can't hear yourself think in there."

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
This is the part I liked best.

He's also prone to random acts of kindness, a practice that dates back to the time when, as an 11-year-old, he took the $20 bill his mother had given him, went to McDonald's to buy a meal and impulsively handed the money to a homeless man.
"He was at the counter with maybe a dollar fifty in pennies and nickels," Sherman recalls. "I don't know why — it hits me in a different way than it hits a lot of other people. I never had much to begin with, but when I see a homeless person out there, I feel like he doesn't know when he's gonna see another meal. So I gave him the twenty bucks and said, 'Man, buy whatever you want.' And I still do it to this day."
Sherman drove past a freeway off-ramp near the Seahawks' facility about a month ago and saw a homeless man holding up a sign asking for food. He drove to a nearby McDonald's and bought a couple of cheeseburgers, some fries and a Coke. Sherman then drove back toward the off-ramp, parked on an adjacent street and walked the food to the surprised sign-holder, adding new meaning to the term happy meal.
"If you're not helping people, what are you doing?" Sherman asks rhetorically. "I never know if I'm ever gonna be that hard on my luck, and I would pray that somebody would help me out, like I've helped these people out. 'Cause you never know."

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Quickly became my favorite player on the team. Looking at my username, you can probably see why. And to those that call him a thug or has no class, just highlight the part where he talks about giving back.

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
He turned down USC among other top football schools to go to Stanford and serve as an example to his classmates that a kid from Compton that went to Dominguez can go to the top Universities if they put their mind to it.

Greenhell

Reaction score
This story just validates my recent purchase of a #25 Sherman jersey.

drdiags

Reaction score
Great article. Just makes me wonder why our local guys don't tend to produce these type of articles. That is one of the benefits of having increased media coverage is that more in-depth articles about the players, the coaches and front office come out. Easy for me to say, since Danny O'Neil pointed this out as a benefit national guys have with exclusive access.

So no matter how the story got told, it is a great look at the player and reveals there is more to him given a chance to sit down and talk with him. Kudos to Silver, who still is a Cal Homer with his WTF image with Rodgers at the end of GoldenGate.

drdiags

Reaction score
Just ran across this Stanford related youtube with Sherman, Baldwin and Moore.

[youtube]Ty2EQB8ttEs[/youtube]

sturg78

Reaction score
Steve2222":269xtmls said:
peachesenregalia":269xtmls said:
"There's no question he can play," Fitzgerald says of Sherman, who has six interceptions (tied for third in the NFL), 25 passes defensed (second in the league) and three forced fumbles. "He and Browner are really good. They mean everything to that defense. This allows Earl and Kam to fly around and be disruptive at safety. Earl flies around like Troy Polamalu minus the hair. They have a really underrated front four, but they can really rush the passer, which goes hand-in-hand with strong secondary play. Then playing in Seattle is hands-down the toughest place in the NFL — you can't hear yourself think in there."

I know this is a Sherman love fest but damn if I don't love Fitz too. Why does such a good guy and awesome player have to be wasted in Arz :(

hawkfan333

Reaction score
sturg78":2ht9b22w said:
Steve2222":2ht9b22w said:
peachesenregalia":2ht9b22w said:

I know this is a Sherman love fest but damn if I don't love Fitz too. Why does such a good guy and awesome player have to be wasted in Arz :(
that has probably been said about many past seahawks players lol like Tez