Great short article on Jon Kitna

-The Glove-

Reaction score
As also a graduate of Lincoln High School and having been a huge fan since those HS days, it was great to finally see Jon Kitna raise the 12th Man Flag. Met him a couple years ago while I was working in retail (he bought 2 tubs of NO Xplode) and he was a class act (although, my friend told me he's kind of a jerk when it comes to anything competive. His sister is married to Kitna's brother). Told him I was a big fan and asked him about his future. He said that he was leaving for Dallas in the next couple days. It was amazing to me he was still in the league, because I thought he had retired.

http://www.seahawks.com/news/articl...on-Kitna/b18a7f69-a1ac-40a0-b9c4-f47581938af2

As for raising the 12th Man flag, Kitna smiled and offered, “This is whole new experience. I’ve never even seen it happen. I’ve heard people talk about it. The way the community and the whole state have gotten behind the Seahawks and the whole culture of the 12th Man, I’m really looking forward to experiencing it and in future years getting season tickets and bringing (Jordan) to games and being part of the 12th Man.”

Love that he went back to our old HS and is touching the lives of his students and players. Cheers, Mr. Kitna.

OP
OP
-The Glove-

-The Glove-

Reaction score
jamsomatic":3g372xbm said:
I can't believe the Seahawks organization doesn't give the flag raisers customized jerseys.

'FAN'?

Really?

Paul Allen is trying to save some money.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Cool read, I've always like Kitna. I wanted to go to the game when his school played against the school here, always next season. I gotta get my Kitna rookie card signed, haha.

bellingerga

Reaction score
-The Glove-":2xjfmd9e said:
jamsomatic":2xjfmd9e said:
I can't believe the Seahawks organization doesn't give the flag raisers customized jerseys.

'FAN'?

Really?

I have a feeling a few custom jerseys per year for flag raisers is not going to put Mr. Allen in the poorhouse.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Always liked Kitna. Glad to see he's returned.

OP
OP
-The Glove-

-The Glove-

Reaction score
bellingerga":2dvunylf said:
-The Glove-":2dvunylf said:
jamsomatic":2dvunylf said:

'FAN'?

Really?

I have a feeling a few custom jerseys per year for flag raisers is not going to put Mr. Allen in the poorhouse.
Ya never know. The economy may have hit him hard and he's cutting back anywhere possible.