Russell's work ethic

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
It is an inspiration, that transcends just football. Sorry if that sounds corny (ok it sounds very corny), but the dude is tirelessly dedicated and it is winning the hawks games.

When I start to get lazy about stuff, like I'm faced with a "play video games or study latest techniques for my job" situation, or a "get up and go run or eat a donut and sit on my butt" situation, I think twice because I think about his extra hours in the film room, giving extra info to receivers, starting a game plan before the coaches, coming in on actual days off (when he's not at a children's hospital).

More importantly, I am betting this is rubbing off on a lot of guys in the locker room (perhaps not the veterans who have been around for a while... Wait, do we have those?)

Furthermore, people kept telling him he was too short and still do, and every good game he has is like a giant "F you" to all of those people because he just uses it as fuel to focus.

In conclusion, thanks Pete and John.

</mancrush rant>

grizbob

Reaction score
You're right, it is very corny, but I approve :mrgreen: :th2thumbs: :thirishdrinkers:

Giblien

Reaction score
Dude, it's like you read my mind. His work ethic has inspired me to be more dedicated and persevere.

endzorn

Reaction score
His work ethic has inspired me to develop unhealthy adoration for men 15 years my junior. I sit awake at night staring at my Wilson Fathead on the ceiling wondering if at that moment he is studying All-22.

You're my everything, Wilson...my everything.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
endzorn":3h3ee641 said:
I sit awake at night staring at my Wilson Fathead on the ceiling wondering if at that moment he is studying All-22.

You're my everything, Wilson...my everything.

so glad I'm not the only one who does this

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
endzorn":370sppz1 said:
I sit awake at night staring at my Wilson Fathead on the ceiling wondering if at that moment he is studying All-22.

*Sniff* Yup, me too. Save for the all-22. I sometimes wonder if maybe, just maybe, he's thinking of me also during those moments.

madbohem

Reaction score
Yeah Wilson has been something else this year.

I have followed his twitter and his #NoTimeToSleep always reminding me of what it takes to be great. This year, me and my partner put our balls to the wall and put our idea up on Kickstarter needing to get funding to get off the ground (successful).

I can really relate to having something big and the only way to get it done is believe in what I am capable of and believe in what we bring to the table... There is no give in Wilson and it is very inspirational. Anything you do that is going to be great requires that kind of work ethic, and believing past the conventional wisdom. Especially when you are hanging out there with everything you got visible for everyone to see.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
The best part of RW's work ethics is from what I understand is he is dragging the other young pups in to it also.

The OP mentioned corny but did you ever notice that when someone mentions as something being corny it was about something that is good or has been a nice memory from earlier times?

Greenhell

Reaction score
That son of mine is making me proud. Love the way he's been motivating all of the 12th man.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
I really like this explanation of how the offensive staff works. I've been wondering for a while now.....

The Seahawks’ offensive staff employs an interesting division of labor, as Cable mostly designs the rushing attack and Bevell mostly shapes the passing scheme. Cable generally handles meetings when the offense is together, while Bevell calls the plays during the game.

But the final package includes the collaboration of all assistant coaches.

And then there's this......

If the Hawks’ average output of 406 yards a game in the past six outings had been their season average, it would rank No. 4 in the NFL.

mikeak

Reaction score
Makes me think twice as well

Then I grab the doughnut and sit down to play some video games....