NFL.com analysts pick their pro bowl rosters

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • http://www.nfl.com/probowl/story/0ap100 ... ke-the-cut

Quite a few Seahawks mentioned. Keep in mind there is 6 analysts.

QB - Sadly, no mentions
    RB - Only one guy didn't put Lynch on his ballot
    WR - None
    FB - One guy put Robinson in as the starter!
    TE - none
    T - 2 people put Okung on their ballot!
    G - none, predictably so
    C - 3 people put Unger on their ballot.
    DE - none
    DT - 3 people had Brandon Mebane on their ballot
    ILB - none
    OLB - none
    CB - Only one idiot left Sherman off his ballot
    SS - none
    FS - Only one mention of Earl, the rest are for Ronde Barber :?: and Dashon Goldson. Doesn't Barber man the worst secondary in the league??
    K - none
    P - none! Dangit
    KR - two people put Leon on their ballots!
    ST- This one was all over the board, but one guy said Heath Farwell.

I know these aren't always popular with people, as pro bowl is a popularity contest, but I thought we got a lot of love, so that was cool. And, if everyone who got mentioned made the pro bowl here, we would have 9 pro bowlers....Quite a high number.

And Russell got snubbed! :P :mrgreen:
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

• hawksfan515 wrote:CB - Only one idiot left Sherman off his ballot

I'd call him the smart guy. Sherman is the idiot for taking PEDs and should be left off the pro-bowl roster for sure.
    fridayfrenzy
    NET Rookie

• Allegedly!
    #NEXTMANUP
    Evil_Shenanigans
    NET Veteran

• fridayfrenzy wrote:
    hawksfan515 wrote:CB - Only one idiot left Sherman off his ballot

I'd call him the smart guy. Sherman is the idiot for taking PEDs and should be left off the pro-bowl roster for sure.

:pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :242735: :death2: :cussing: :censored:
    Member of 38 Plus club. Seahawks + PC/JS + Russell Wilson = Superbowl XLVIII +
    rainger
    NET Veteran

Location: Victoria BC or my Galactic Stonghold on Nar Shaddaa

• fridayfrenzy wrote:

Did his play severely drop after he got caught? Oh yeah it didn't.......

I still believe Sherm's story. Do you really think he's dumb enough to use PED's and think he can get away with it? He went to freaking Stanford, of course not!!
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

• hawksfan515 wrote:
    fridayfrenzy wrote:

Did his play severely drop after he got caught? Oh yeah it didn't.......

I still believe Sherm's story. Do you really think he's dumb enough to use PED's and think he can get away with it? He went to freaking Stanford, of course not!!

Not to turn this into a PED thread, but taking PEDs isn't about someone's IQ, its about someone being cocky enough (which Sherman is) to think they can get away with it.

You also probably believed Browner's story too, right? And Winston Guy's, and Joe Haden's and Aqib Talib's and Eric Wright's and Cedric Griffin's and Tyler Sash's and Asa Jackson's and Will Hill's?
    fridayfrenzy
    NET Rookie

• Screw you Friday. Whether or not he took them really shouldn't have any affect on whether or not he played well enough to go to the pro bowl. Whether he is stupid off the field or not shouldn't factor in on how well he has played.
    "I want to drink Ranier Beer out of a mug made from Jim harbaugh's hollowed out skull." CANHAWK
    sam1313
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• sam1313 wrote:Screw you Friday. Whether or not he took them really shouldn't have any affect on whether or not he played well enough to go to the pro bowl. Whether he is stupid off the field or not shouldn't factor in on how well he has played.

If the appeal isn't overturned, he will be ruled ineligible for the pro bowl, so yea, it kind of does matter.
    TJH
    *NET #1 Sherman Fan*

• sam1313 wrote:Screw you Friday. Whether or not he took them really shouldn't have any affect on whether or not he played well enough to go to the pro bowl. Whether he is stupid off the field or not shouldn't factor in on how well he has played.

Forgive me, PERFORMANCE ENHANCING drugs have nothing to do with how a player plays. :roll:
    fridayfrenzy
    NET Rookie

• Well thankfully the players and coaches have some say on who goes. They know who's ballin' and who's stallin'.
    PlinytheCenter
    NET Veteran

• fridayfrenzy wrote:

i call 49er fan posing as a seahawk fan lol
    hawkfan333
    NET Rookie

• Sherman is the idiot for taking PEDs and should be left off the pro-bowl roster for sure.[/quote]

I dont know if I have ever heard a true fan talk so anal and disloyal.I hope Sherman wins his appeal then finds you and punches you in the pie hole.
    Wolf grey all day every day.
    VHawk
    NET Veteran

• Thanks for dropping by, Friday.
    Kam Chancellor: The Chancellor of Defense
    Bruce Irvin: BruceMode
    Tharold Simon: Humble Thug
    Paul Richardson: BPR
    FortWorthSeahawk
    USAF BadAss

• VHawk wrote:Sherman is the idiot for taking PEDs and should be left off the pro-bowl roster for sure.

I dont know if I have ever heard a true fan talk so anal and disloyal.I hope Sherman wins his appeal then finds you and punches you in the pie hole.[/quote]

Now that's funny!
    #NEXTMANUP
    Evil_Shenanigans
    NET Veteran

• That list pretty much matches my ballot(s), except for Jon Ryan as punter.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• first off, this is a hawks board.... and second no hawk member took PED'S what they took was PEZ.
    --/*Seattle Seahawks*\--
    hawks4thewin
    NET Veteran

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:That list pretty much matches my ballot(s), except for Jon Ryan as punter.

You don't have Russell Wilson at QB??
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

• VHawk wrote:I dont know if I have ever heard a true fan talk so anal and disloyal.I hope Sherman wins his appeal then finds you and punches you in the pie hole.

As a Seahawk fan, I like when players don't have to miss 25% of the season for stupid decisions of taking PEDs.

I guess your view is that because he's a Seahawk then he has free reign and doesn't have to be accountable. Gotcha.
    fridayfrenzy
    NET Rookie

• fridayfrenzy wrote:
    VHawk wrote:I dont know if I have ever heard a true fan talk so anal and disloyal.I hope Sherman wins his appeal then finds you and punches you in the pie hole.

As a Seahawk fan, I like when players don't have to miss 25% of the season for stupid decisions of taking PEDs.

I guess your view is that because he's a Seahawk then he has free reign and doesn't have to be accountable. Gotcha.

If he is cleared at appeal, are you still going to think he took them?
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

• hawksfan515 wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:That list pretty much matches my ballot(s), except for Jon Ryan as punter.

Wilson is the kind of QB who will rack up more Super Bowls than Pro Bowl nods or MVP awards.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    hawksfan515 wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:That list pretty much matches my ballot(s), except for Jon Ryan as punter.

Wilson is the kind of QB who will rack up more Super Bowls than Pro Bowl nods or MVP awards.

Well Troy Aikman (a QB i think Wilson compares well to) went to pro bowls. I definitely wouldn't count Wilson out yet....
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

• fridayfrenzy wrote:
    VHawk wrote:I dont know if I have ever heard a true fan talk so anal and disloyal.I hope Sherman wins his appeal then finds you and punches you in the pie hole.

No my view is that Sherm is an absolute beast at corner that as of right now is only accused of taking peds.I have to believe a supposed fan that would say what you have is either not a fan or is the type of fan that doesnt like Richard Sherman because he is a very vocal and confident player that talks alot of trash.What U mad bro because we have good players that can talk trash to Tom Brady and back it up?Make whatever excuse you want to be a player hater.
    VHawk
    NET Veteran

• AbsolutNET wrote:
    fridayfrenzy wrote:

If he is cleared at appeal, are you still going to think he took them?

At this point in time, he is guilty. The sample was positive for PEDs.

If the appeal reverses the decision, then I will be very happy but many people are acting like this is an "innocent until proven guilty" situation, and it simply isn't. Sherman has been found guilty and the appeal process is to attempt to reverse the decision ruled on.
    fridayfrenzy
    NET Rookie

• VHawk wrote:
    No my view is that Sherm is an absolute beast at corner that as of right now is only accused of taking peds.

Incorrect. He failed the drug test and the ruling is a 4 game suspension. He is in the appeal process. The appeal process is the attempt to reverse the guilty ruling to innocent.
    fridayfrenzy
    NET Rookie

• Thanks for visiting .NET Roger Goodell.
    VHawk
    NET Veteran

• VHawk wrote:Thanks for visiting .NET Roger Goodell.

+1
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

• hawksfan515 wrote:
    VHawk wrote:Thanks for visiting .NET Roger Goodell.

+1

Oh no, a Seahawk fan who doesn't have the same opinion as me.
    fridayfrenzy
    NET Rookie

• Seriously guys. I barely even post here, but it's ridiculous how quick you all are to defend Sherm in his appeals process. I get that you want him to win his appeal (so do I), but to defend someone that tested positive just because he is one of the most important cogs on the team is a little homerish (yeah, that's a word). Are you all really saying that you believe that he pinpointed his positive drug test to a time (two months prior) where he drank water out of a teammates water bottle that had crushed up Aderall in it? Do you all remember every sip of water you've taken in the past two months? Why didn't he have his own water? There are people being paid 50k+ to make sure the athletes on the Hawks are hydrated. Why did the other dude feel the need to freebase it? Didn't he try to say it was a player who had a prescription? Would that type of player be crushing it up to get a quicker release into his system?

I applaud the poster who was being realistic.
    MeenReen
    NET Veteran

• fridayfrenzy wrote:
    hawksfan515 wrote:
    VHawk wrote:Thanks for visiting .NET Roger Goodell.

+1

Oh no, a Seahawk fan who doesn't have the same opinion as me.

So, are you of the opinion that Richard Sherman doesn't have a Pro Bowl skill set? Or just that he doesn't deserve to be voted in to the actual pro bowl? Because it's blatantly obvious he's a top 5 corner, with and/or without PED's.
    GoHawks1212
    NET Rookie

• MeenReen wrote:Seriously guys. I barely even post here, but it's ridiculous how quick you all are to defend Sherm in his appeals process. I get that you want him to win his appeal (so do I), but to defend someone that tested positive just because he is one of the most important cogs on the team is a little homerish (yeah, that's a word). Are you all really saying that you believe that he pinpointed his positive drug test to a time (two months prior) where he drank water out of a teammates water bottle that had crushed up Aderall in it? Do you all remember every sip of water you've taken in the past two months? Why didn't he have his own water? There are people being paid 50k+ to make sure the athletes on the Hawks are hydrated. Why did the other dude feel the need to freebase it? Didn't he try to say it was a player who had a prescription? Would that type of player be crushing it up to get a quicker release into his system?

He denied the water from a teammate story, none of us really know anything. The fact that he's still fighting knowing that he's risking missing playoff games gives me hope that he is being honest.
    Killa Kam
    NET Veteran

• MeenReen wrote:Seriously guys. I barely even post here, but it's ridiculous how quick you all are to defend Sherm in his appeals process. I get that you want him to win his appeal (so do I), but to defend someone that tested positive just because he is one of the most important cogs on the team is a little homerish (yeah, that's a word). Are you all really saying that you believe that he pinpointed his positive drug test to a time (two months prior) where he drank water out of a teammates water bottle that had crushed up Aderall in it? Do you all remember every sip of water you've taken in the past two months? Why didn't he have his own water? There are people being paid 50k+ to make sure the athletes on the Hawks are hydrated. Why did the other dude feel the need to freebase it? Didn't he try to say it was a player who had a prescription? Would that type of player be crushing it up to get a quicker release into his system?

I believe that Sherman already refuted the "I drank water out of a teammates water bottle theory" publicly, and with how secretive the whole PED process is, any actual assumption of what did or did not happen is speculation.

And for what it's worth, there ARE false positive tests, bad samples, bad handlers. Mistakes DO happen, not often, but enough that no one can "know" that he's "guilty". Did I mention it's all speculation?

Oh, and optimism (homerism!) and realism don't have to be mutually exclusive. They CAN coexist. There's a REAL chance that Sherman is telling the truth, or that the appeal could overturn the ruling and he wouldn't serve his suspension.
    GoHawks1212
    NET Rookie

• Friday=9er fan :141847_bnono:
    :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall:
    SUPERBOWL!!
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

• I voted for Sherman, Gioc-a-meanie, Thomas, DangeRuss, Unger, Tate and Rice, and that was it.

Not in the PED wagon. Personally I would kick butt or whatever for a decent job let alone millions.
    Cassius Marsh is my 2014 Adopt a Pro Bowl Rookie
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

• You guys are saying that he is refuting the "drinking from a teammates water bottle" story, but it was HIS initially excuse in the first place. He's trapped in a lie and is trying to ride it out for the team. We all know that is the truth. I'm glad he is doing it, because we'll stagger the suspensions..
    MeenReen
    NET Veteran

• fridayfrenzy wrote:I'd call him the smart guy. Sherman is the idiot for taking PEDs and should be left off the pro-bowl roster for sure.

Hey closet 49ers fan, don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out. You're certainly not needed around here. If you feel that way, that's fine, but the way you said it and how you come off with it is horrible and juvenile.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• VHawk wrote:Sherman is the idiot for taking PEDs and should be left off the pro-bowl roster for sure.

I dont know if I have ever heard a true fan talk so anal and disloyal.I hope Sherman wins his appeal then finds you and punches you in the pie hole.[/quote]

Friday? you are about as popular around here as a turd in a punchbowl.
    First off, YOU don't have proof one way or the other about Sherman. :141847_bnono:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• MeenReen wrote:You guys are saying that he is refuting the "drinking from a teammates water bottle" story, but it was HIS initially excuse in the first place. He's trapped in a lie and is trying to ride it out for the team. We all know that is the truth. I'm glad he is doing it, because we'll stagger the suspensions..

No it wasn't. It was reported that it was, but immediately after that came out Sherman was contacted and said there is no truth to that.

Sherman never said that, nobody representing Sherman ever said that, some unnamed NFL source reported it to some guy on Twitter. It turned out to be bogus.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

• Get ready for Luck making the Pro-bowl and Wilson not making it. It's going to happen. The AFC is very thin at QB compared to the NFC. After Brady/Manning, it's not that great a list.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• The test results came out in September, before the season even started. His performance is unquestionably pro bowl worthy and you can bet your house he hasn't been doing ped's to accomplish that.
    I could understand in a case like the Smith brothers in Minny, where there performance came down to an average level after being popped but that is not the case here. Shermans performance this year has been all Sherman.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

• pinksheets wrote:
    MeenReen wrote:You guys are saying that he is refuting the "drinking from a teammates water bottle" story, but it was HIS initially excuse in the first place. He's trapped in a lie and is trying to ride it out for the team. We all know that is the truth. I'm glad he is doing it, because we'll stagger the suspensions..

No it wasn't. It was reported that it was, but immediately after that came out Sherman was contacted and said there is no truth to that.

Sherman never said that, nobody representing Sherman ever said that, some unnamed NFL source reported it to some guy on Twitter. It turned out to be bogus.

BS. No we don't know that is the truth. Speak for yourself and let others do the same. Can you cite the source (an actual name) that originally published the 'teammate's water bottle' scenario? I'm doubtful, because I haven't heard or seen it anywhere else. If it came from Sherman or his agent, there has been no documentation of it and as stated, Sherman denied it immediately.

That does not mean he's innocent, but it indicates that there's no harm in withholding judgment until the process plays out along official procedures.
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran

• Thought the whole real fan thing was a bannable offense?

I want Sherman to somehow win this appeal but the number of players failing this test over the past 2 yrs has been staggering and even the Seahawks have had several fail it. Sherman was getting the love and recognition he had been striving for only to have this hit him. He can recover from the hit but his popularity will plateau for awhile until this episode plays out and washes away over time.

We will know soon enough whether the suspension sticks. It will impact his ability to increase his market value. Really dismayed to see his name associated with these results.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• kearly wrote:Get ready for Luck making the Pro-bowl and Wilson not making it. It's going to happen. The AFC is very thin at QB compared to the NFC. After Brady/Manning, it's not that great a list.

Not even as an alternate?

:(
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

First of all you must be living under a rock if you still think that the "water bottle" story is even remotely the truth. It was a debunked rumor. Thanks for playing though.
    Navyhawkfan187
    NET Veteran

• RolandDeschain wrote:
    fridayfrenzy wrote:I'd call him the smart guy. Sherman is the idiot for taking PEDs and should be left off the pro-bowl roster for sure.

Hey closet 49ers fan, don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out. You're certainly not needed around here. If you feel that way, that's fine, but the way you said it and how you come off with it is horrible and juvenile.

That's funny.

When the original poster calls an analyst an idiot for not including Richard Sherman on the Pro Bowl, then thats perfectly acceptable, but when a Seahawk fan is not happy about Seahawk players who test positive for PEDs then that means they are juvenille.
    fridayfrenzy
    NET Rookie

• scutterhawk wrote:
    First off, YOU don't have proof one way or the other about Sherman. :141847_bnono:

The proof is that he tested positive test for PEDs.
    fridayfrenzy
    NET Rookie

• fridayfrenzy wrote:
    scutterhawk wrote:

Then why hasn't he been suspended yet?
    SUPERBOWL!!
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

• Hawkfan77 wrote:
    fridayfrenzy wrote:
    scutterhawk wrote:

Because there is a procedure that is followed by the NFL and NFLPA, just like a judicial system. Before a player misses any games, he has the right to appeal the ruling.

An appeal is an attempt to change the ruling. He has already been found "guilty". He is just going to the next level of the system to try and get that ruling reversed.
    fridayfrenzy
    NET Rookie

• fridayfrenzy wrote:Not to turn this into a PED thread

Good job.
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

• fridayfrenzy wrote:
    Hawkfan77 wrote:
    fridayfrenzy wrote:The proof is that he tested positive test for PEDs.

Because there is a procedure that is followed by the NFL and NFLPA, just like a judicial system. Before a player misses any games, he has the right to appeal the ruling.

An appeal is an attempt to change the ruling. He has already been found "guilty". He is just going to the next level of the system to try and get that ruling reversed.

So there could be a change in the ruling if maybe perhaps he wasn't actually guilty? Because maybe, just maybe, he isn't actually guilty which is why he is fighting. You know, it's not like a player has ever won an appeal before, right?

Sherm isn't guilty yet because he hasn't been suspended. He gets an appeal because there could be error on the so-called "positive" test. If there could be no error and he was guilty then he would already be serving his suspension.

Just face it whinerfrenzy, there's a chance Sherm isn't guilty. Why you painted yourself into this very corner is beyond me, but you really have no leg to stand on here.
    SUPERBOWL!!
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

• Hawkfan77 wrote:Friday=9er fan :141847_bnono:
    :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall:

I have been a Seahawk fan for almost 15 years. Just because I do not think that Sherman can do no wrong and that he should be held accountable for taking PEDs and putting the Seahawk organization in a worse spot does not mean I am a 49er fan.

If Sherman's appeal does not change the ruling, then he will most likely miss the last 1-2 games of the season and 2-3 playoff games. As a Seahawk fan, how can you not think that is detrimental to the team? If it is detrimental to the team, how can you just give Sherman a free pass for that?
    fridayfrenzy
    NET Rookie

Next

It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:03 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information