In my opinion, Russell can win ROY this week.

Fox0r

Reaction score
If Russell puts up monster numbers against the vaunted 49er defense and the Seahawks soundly beat the 49ers at home, I think all debate about ROY will be over. I really think this is his chance to distance himself from the rest of the ROY contenders.

Agree? Disagree?

aredub

Reaction score
I want to agree, I still think people will say RGIII will win it regardless of how he plays. And chances are he will. But my vote goes to RW all the way!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I don't think the debate would be over, depends on what Luck and RG3 do as well. But yeah it'd definitely increase Wilson's chances.

Deep down if all things are equal (stats, wins, etc), I do think Wilson will win ROY. Even the most hardened biased voter would be remiss to not love Wilson's underdog story.

NorCal

Reaction score
Voters of these things aren't the smartest people anyways. Especially if the Redskins win their division, some will point to that to justify their vote.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
NorCal":3upvcgg6 said:
Voters of these things aren't the smartest people anyways. Especially if the Redskins win their division, some will point to that to justify their vote.
Fact. Same reason Justin Smith didn't get the props he should have last year. But like Wilson, I suspect Smith just uses it as fuel.

Twisted

Reaction score
agree, but this game is about special teams and defense, and..... HOLDING ON TO THE BALL!!!

Twisted

Reaction score
niners bread and butter is taking the ball away!!! remove that factor from the equation and you relegate them to harmless lil' puppy dogs..

um Kappernick and Crabtree vs Seattle's defense? seriously? lol

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Twisted":7fzs30tx said:
niners bread and butter is taking the ball away!!! remove that factor from the equation and you relegate them to harmless lil' puppy dogs..

C'mon man, we could be without Sherman, Thurmond, Trufant and Lane this week (as well Browner).

On topic, I've given it some thought, and as much as I love Russell, and wouldn't swap him for any other QB, RGIII has probably edged it. I think Russell is, and will reinforce himself as the better QB in the future, but RGIII's been balling all season. Russell started a little too late, although that's probably Pete etc.'s fault for holding him back. IMO Luck shouldn't really be in the conversation, he's impressed me nowhere near as much.

When does ROY get decided? cause of course this scenario changes depending on how far Russell takes us into the play-offs.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":3g4gwzv2 said:
Twisted":3g4gwzv2 said:

C'mon man, we could be without Sherman, Thurmond, Trufant and Lane this week (as well Browner).

On topic, I've given it some thought, and as much as I love Russell, and wouldn't swap him for any other QB, RGIII has probably edged it. I think Russell is, and will reinforce himself as the better QB in the future, but RGIII's been balling all season. Russell started a little too late, although that's probably Pete etc.'s fault for holding him back. IMO Luck shouldn't really be in the conversation, he's impressed me nowhere near as much.

When does ROY get decided? cause of course this scenario changes depending on how far Russell takes us into the play-offs.

Beyond remote chance that Sherman doesn't play. And why would we be without Lane?

:?:

rideaducati

Reaction score
Scottemojo":9rti2vwh said:
NorCal":9rti2vwh said:
Fact. Same reason Justin Smith didn't get the props he should have last year. But like Wilson, I suspect Smith just uses it as fuel.

Justin Smith was a rookie 11 years ago, so not winning the ROY award last season probably doesn't add anything to his game.
Aldon on the other hand... :sarcasm_off:

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
NorCal":1dnfdvoa said:

I'm scared. A smart 49er fan. :lol:

Scottemojo

Reaction score
rideaducati":3shriq12 said:
Scottemojo":3shriq12 said:
NorCal":3shriq12 said:

Justin Smith was a rookie 11 years ago, so not winning the ROY award last season probably doesn't add anything to his game.
Aldon on the other hand... :sarcasm_off:

Ask questions, it will make you smarter. Props is what I said, not DROY. Justin should have been the Defensive player of the year last year, but as a DT his stats weren't that good. Besides, Aldon Smith without Justin Smith is just another guy statistically.

OP
OP
Fox0r

Fox0r

Reaction score
Russell is distinctly better than RG3 in an aspect of his game that is severely underrated and can single-handedly influence the direction in which his career will go. He knows when to slide and how to avoid contact. RG3 has already been injured how many times this year from scrambling and taking a huge shot?

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Clayton expressed his opinion last week on ESPN710.

He's voting for Luck because of the Colts' W/L record turnaround, which he attributes solely to Andrew Luck.

Thought that you guys ought to know.

kearly

Reaction score
A great reporter does not a great analyst make. I don't really hold it against Clayton though. He's old school. Probably took a lot of arm twisting to get him to use the internet.