PFF shoutout for CB Byron Maxwell

-The Glove-

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":pa1zpkke said:
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/12/20/next-man-up-week-15/

Maxwell allowed just one reception for 15 yards against the other Bills receivers. And the one occasion when Buffalo isolated Johnson against Maxwell, with 5:25 left in the fourth quarter, the second-year corner batted away Ryan Fitzpatrick’s deep pass.

This week, he draws Randy Moss and Michael Crabtree.
But someone on .Net said he was terrible!

NYCoug

Reaction score
Funny, I thought Maxwell would end up a better pro than Richard Sherman when both were drafted. Show's how much I know... Then, I watched a few preseason games and realized how wrong I was, but I never gave up hope on Maxwell. I was pretty upset when he got injured earlier this season, only because I felt he was going the "Walter Thurmond route", no offense to WTIII who I really like.

Now that Maxwell's back, I can see why the coaches were high on him coming out of Clemson. He definitely plays with a chip on his shoulder. Tough and physical at the line of scrimmage with solid recovery speed and an imposing style of play. We could use that since we haven't had much in the way of physically intimidating play from the secondary since the New England game.

What matters is... THIS SECONDARY IS LOADED! And one of the best "coached-up" units in the league. The team identifies a certain skillset they desire and gets the right guys to perform at least consistently solid. Tru's got some competition on his hands. Hopefully Maxwell can keep it up and Lane can step up his game and we might not miss Sherm as much if he is proven guilty.