Sherman just said he is very optimistic about his appeal...

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
on National tv.I thought his defense was very flimsy, but for him to make that comment is a statement in itself. I hop we have him for playoffs!

sutz

Reaction score
What else is he going to say?

:229031_shrug:

GeekHawk

Reaction score
We don't know what his defense is. Reports are that the initial "somebody else's water bottle defense" were false reporting. Is that the 'defense' you think is flimsy? A defense that Sherman apparently didn't proffer?

ivotuk

Reaction score
He just said that they broke the rules. I really hope he wins. If so, we could go in to the playoffs with Sherman, Browner, and Thurmond. That would be a killer backfield when you add in Kam and ET :)

OP
OP
NJSeahawk

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
sutz":2yn3qpsl said:
What else is he going to say?:229031_shrug:

Um..I can't comment on that? Or we will see what happens? He said I am very optimistic that it will be overturned. Not quite the "i'm leaning on the mercy of the board,type of statement.

GeekHawk":2yn3qpsl said:
We don't know what his defense is. Reports are that the initial "somebody else's water bottle defense" were false reporting. Is that the 'defense' you think is flimsy? A defense that Sherman apparently didn't proffer?

lol, who took the jam out of your doughnut?

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2012/12/23/3798460/seahawks-richard-sherman-suspended-drug-test-appeal
this defense.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
sutz":1tist672 said:

No. It was beyond any loud-mouth rhetoric. He said "THEY BROKE THE RULES" and that is a confident statement. I wasn't there, I'm not defending his innocence. But what he said was way outside your standard Nuke LaLoosh soundbite.

OlympicDreams

Reaction score
Better if he didn't comment. The court will be pissed at his boldness and figure out a way to collect their pound of flesh.

OP
OP
NJSeahawk

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":330xqzsg said:
sutz":330xqzsg said:

No. It was beyond any loud-mouth rhetoric. He said "THEY BROKE THE RULES" and that is a confident statement. I wasn't there, I'm not defending his innocence. But what he said was way outside your standard Nuke LaLoosh soundbite.

thank you. I knew I couldn't be the only one.

Seahawker86

Reaction score
I think that even if they uphold the appeal I think there will be an injunction of some sort that keeps him playing until that battle is finished. similar to what we saw in Minnesota. Seriously when we get Browner and Thurmond back, this team is scary. We are playing lights out and you know what? The rest of the nation knows this now. Everyone is scared

pehawk

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":3h5akc8l said:
on National tv.I thought his defense was very flimsy, but for him to make that comment is a statement in itself. I hop we have him for playoffs!

Breaking the chain of custody on a UA isn't flimsy, AT ALL, Sugartits.

rastahawk

Reaction score
The thing that worries me the most is that regardless of the arguments the league doesn't really care. Has any case involving banned substances ruled in favor of the defendant?

pehawk

Reaction score
rastahawk":2cse10wk said:
The thing that worries me the most is that regardless of the arguments the league doesn't really care. Has any case involving banned substances ruled in favor of the defendant?

Venus and Serena Williams pushed out a suspension in Minny, no? I think so.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
OlympicDreams":39fwuzmu said:
Better if he didn't comment. The court will be pissed at his boldness and figure out a way to collect their pound of flesh.
It wasn't a 'court', it was the NFL.

OP
OP
NJSeahawk

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
pehawk":vi969g51 said:
NJSeaHawk":vi969g51 said:

Ahh its you...I was at Carlow East waiting for you. Guess you are still an internet thug!

pehawk

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":r189jbhy said:
pehawk":r189jbhy said:
NJSeaHawk":r189jbhy said:

Ahh its you...I was at Carlow East waiting for you. Guess you are still an internet thug!

Not a thug at all. But very, very real. I dont visit Jersey much though, sorry.

OP
OP
NJSeahawk

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Ahh its you...I was at Carlow East waiting for you. Guess you are still an internet thug![/quote]

Not a thug at all. But very, very real. I dont visit Jersey much though, sorry.[/quote]

thats why I was at NYC. I made it easier for you. You know, it being a major travel hub and whatnot.

And his defense. A cup breaking so they put it in another cup? Sounds airtight to me. :roll:

Seafan

Reaction score
He's going to win the appeal. It sounds like he had a legit argument. The NFLPA will be all over it if he loses.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I hate to rain on this parade, but I am actually less confident after his post game comments. Much he said, has been left out of this thread. Unless I am mistaken, when asked if he thought he'd win the appeal, he said something along the lines of (I para-phrase) " They can break the rules but the players can't"? That didn't sit well with me and I think he was preparing his next defense...to us and team. That defense will be that by enforcing the suspension, the NFL is breaking rules and he is a victim.

His cavalier, anti-establishment type commentary reminded me more of a guy that knew he was about to be suspended. I say this because had he and his attorneys worked a deal, that would release him from penalty, I think he would have been a bit more reserved and likely just said; I believe in the system and I believe due process will show this was all a mistake.

If the decision makers were on the fence with this, he did himself no favors with that interview. His would be a huge loss and if I prayed, I'd pray to be wrong on this. Sherm is a frikin machine and we need him badly.

hawkcrazzed

Reaction score
on the contrary he is loud enough and a bigger figure in the league. i would be huge if the league got away with it as he has many forums to talk about it.