Why Wilson is better than Kaepernick.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
How many times did we see Kaepernick sitting by himself pouting on the bench? Hood up, just gazing into space.

Have you ever seen that from Wilson? Hell nah. Guy is always working, even when he isn't on the field.
Kaepernick isn't mentally ready for tough, nasty games.

run and shoot

Reaction score
Even when Wilson was benched for the Flynn kneel down they showed Wilson back talking to a coach and another player.

Starrman44

Reaction score
I had my wife watch the "Chris Spielman A Football Life". She told me today that Russell Wilson's dedication to the game reminded her of that episode.

Seriously, sometimes I fear for his marriage. I get this feeling that if you peak in on them at night, there is a playbook binder sleeping in the middle and he's got his arm around it mumbling play calls...

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":28i3konv said:
How many times did we see Kaepernick sitting by himself pouting on the bench? Hood up, just gazing into space.

Have you ever seen that from Wilson? Hell nah. Guy is always working, even when he isn't on the field.
Kaepernick isn't mentally ready for tough, nasty games.
I agree. I think tonight showed, you can't just win on talent alone. That is why Wilson is the superior QB. He doesn't take anything for granted. Keapernick looked and played like the classic athlete that figured he could win just because he's got talent. I guarantee Wilson out-prepared, out-film-watched, out worked, out everythinged Keapernick this week.

SE174

Reaction score
91710034007785694957.png

GoHawks

Reaction score
Can't wait to see the QB Facebook dialogue after this weeks games

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
GoHawks":1ud3s2cu said:
Can't wait to see the QB Facebook dialogue after this weeks games
This.

Funny, we've beaten 3 of the top 5 teams, yet have consistently been ranked lower than them.

rastahawk

Reaction score
To me the comparison extends far beyond sideline antics. RW is the textbook professional. He is hard working and carries himself with confidence and pride for his team. He is unfazed by adversity and is a natural leader. Kaep on the other hand chose the thug wannabe bad ass. Sorry but I don't like the QB of my team to be tatted out with corny sayings and silly images that supposedly provides some sort of perceived motivation. RW just comes across as the type of person that doesn't need any of those distractions.

hawker84

Reaction score
wilson is just a better QB than him.. more poised, better scrambler, keeps eyes down field while scrambling better, better passes, kaep seems to float his passes a lot, .... RW just shredded one of the best defenses in the NFL....

chris98251

Reaction score
The term old soul could be used in Wilsons case, people that are wise beyond their years or experience, people that act or seem like they have been there before and have a sense of calm about them in the line of fire that keeps the others around them focused and confident.

I'm thinking Wilson is an Old Soul coming back to accomplish a task left unfinished.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
On the scrambling tip... I can't think of another QB – ever, I guess – who could cover as much ground and elude as many hits as Wilson has this year. I cringed on the two plays that he encountered contact tonight, but even then, he's in such command of the field it's amazing.

Kryten

Reaction score
Collinsworth was right about comparing Wilson to Fran Tarkenton. I watched a lot of him back in the 1800's when I was just getting into football, and that's a pretty accurate comp.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
It's not even a question. Forget the fact that Krapernick has done whatever for just a month. The debate has always been stupid. RW is miles ahead of that fool. It annoyed me that the question ever was brought up. Nothing more than Sad Fran fans wanting to feel that they have something beyond Alex Smith. Kap's a threat given the rest of SF and them asking next to nothing of their qb. But put it on him, forget it. RW all day, every day.

Deixis

Reaction score
I snapped this screenshot of the broadcast during the Bills game - Wilson out of the game, Seahawks players gazing into space.

wilson.jpg

Not Wilson though :D

zhawk

Reaction score
I like that fact that no matter what happens, you can't tell anything from his face. nothing fazes him.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
I'm likely going to regret this reference but... Watching the way Wilson controlled that game last night reminded me of Achilles engaged in mortal combat in the movie Troy. Aside the Brad Pitt reference, Wilson is now the guy no one wants to face. He is the catalyst in a team wide reaction that has proven to be truly enthralling to watch, and that chemistry is rippling fear throughout the League.

Go Hawks!