Russell Wilson Offensive Rookie of the Year Campaign

Shock2k

Reaction score
I felt like as a group and we could begin to influence the conversation around getting Russell Wilson his Rookie of the Year. What we can do is build the "buzz" up until game time Sunday.
Now from the point the games staret it's all up to Wilson and RGIII to "make the case".
But as a virtual "team" we could hit ESPN.com, CBSSportsLine.com, FoxSports, NBCSports, and of course NFL.com, and start making our cases in the forums.
Strength of Schedule:

In the NFC, amongst Playoff Teams nobody has had a tougher schedule then Seattle and San Francisco. In the AFC, Indy (Luck) had the easiest schedule in the entire NFL.
Further, Seattle is the only team in the entire NFL to have a higher SOV then its SOS:

Team Str of Sched Str of Victory
San Francisco .520 .500
Seattle .509 .537
Minnesota .507 .437
Green Bay .498 .445
Washington .496 .452
Atlanta .418 .415
Indianapolis .422 .367

Amunition to make our case:
Strength Of Schedule Counter Arguments:
1: Your Strength of Victory is only high because of the "Fail Mary" play (GB v. Seattle).
http://tinyurl.com/sandohasapoint (Enough Said) Golden Tate had a legitamit catch.

Andrew Luck Arguments:
1: Andrew Luck is not the Comeback Kid.
Luck is said to have the most 4th quarter comebacks then any other rookie ever. So what does it say when he's coming back against the weakest schedule in the NFL.
The real takeaway is that he falls behind against bad competition.
2: Yardage
Same argument, how hard is it to put up passing yards against the weakest schedule in the entire NFL?

RGIII Arguments:
1: He's put up a good season against bad opponents.
Again, he's sub .500 against quality opponents, which more than make's up for the slight statistical advantage he holds.
2: Weaker defenses sku all results.
RGIII again is playing against mediocre defenses, which means inflated PR/QBR/Yards etc, etc. It also means less interceptions.
3: Still fewer touchdowns than Wilson.
4: Wilson has a better Record against a tougher strenght of schedule.

Wilson Arguments:
1: Higher strength of schedule.
2: Was not the stated started until the last week of the pre-season?
This was a massive disadvantage. As he did not get drafted into a situation (Luck/RGIII) in which the offense was going to be custom tailored to him from the start of spring practices.
This also really excuses games at the beginning of the season as this is when they were actually making up for that lost time.
3: Wilson has the first (v. Buf) and fourth (V. 49ers) highest QBR for this season of any QB. By the way he also has the 4th highest QBR of all time (well since they started calculating QBR in 2008).

What stats/Arguments am I missing here?
Anybody into the idea of a social medial explosion?

Sac

Reaction score
I admire your dedication to this post, Shock. Trust me when I say that everyone here is on the Russ bus.

Sac

Reaction score
Also, your avatar looks like a baby version of Zach Miller....hmmm....I wonder...

OP
OP
Shock2k

Shock2k

Reaction score
Haha, would you believe that's my *DAUGHTER* "Amira". :) Don't blame you that's a big noggin' on that girl.

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
Luck should not even be in the discussion in my opinion. His accuracy and efficiency have been awful.

If Luck wins then the award is merely a popularity contest.

It'll be interesting to know when he vote actually takes place and if playoff performance will have any impact in the decision.

mikeak

Reaction score
If you want to step up take out a loan and get a big bilboard up - that should get RW some loving

OP
OP
Shock2k

Shock2k

Reaction score
Haha, I like it.

Another thought, 8 of the Seahawks games were against the toughest defensive division in the league (the NFC West of course).

RGIII played in the second to worst defensive division, the NFC East (#1 worst defensive division was the AFC South, home of none other than Andrew Luck!).

OP
OP
Shock2k

Shock2k

Reaction score
By the way, if folks need a little motivation. Tell us where you are posting online, and what username you are under and we can go support your comments.

I usually log in through Facebook, so show up as "Chris Shockey". I've posted on nfl.com/espn.com(posting as Shock2K)

SeahawkGeoff

Reaction score
I wrote this on another message board. Thread was called Offensive Rookie of the Year

"I'm going to say this first RGIII and Luck have been great and an honest argument can be made that they deserve it.

When I look at the teams they've had to face and there schedules.....

Luck faced Jags twice (lost to them once, ouch), Tenn twice barely scrapped bye, KC, Browns, and Buf there schedule hasn't been all that rough. They got beat up by Chicago, Jets and NE and lost close to Houston and as said before the Jags. The argument which is a fair one is just how dismal Indy was last year, which is defiantly in favor of Luck.

RGIII had a tough schedule. In the first half they lost all the games you'd think they'd lose, but since week 11 they've been on fire no doubt. One game Kirk Cousins came in at the end and won and the other game RGIII didn't play and they won, hmm.

Wilson on the other hand, I think has had a tougher schedule or at least as tough as RGIII. Maybe i'm being bias here, you tell me. They've won vs the Jets, NE, 49ers, Panthers, Chicago and GB (lets not let the discussion go off the rails here). The entire offense was changed to adapt to RGIII while Wilson had to learn a whole new offense. He also had to battle to win the job were it was pretty much a given that the other guys would be the starters. Of course this is just one side of the argument. I guess the reason I am bringing this up is that I think people dismiss Wilson way to fast. He probably won't get it, but I think he's just as deserving as the two mentioned above. "

OP
OP
Shock2k

Shock2k

Reaction score
Sorry about that, I actually looked for a similiar thread before I posted mine.

With that said. Totally agree. By the way, I'm not saying the RG and Luck aren't amazing rookies. I'm just saying there is more of an argument for our guy. Even taking QBR, Russle has more +90 games then both of them combined.

I really believe he is the better candidate, and have researched to see if I'm right. When I argue the point in other forums it's tough to argue against Wilson. Your right also, the Seahawks unders Wilson have the highest Quality of Victory % in the entire league.

At the end of the day the final argument is the purest argument:
-- We have a better record with a tougher schedule. (That should really be the end of it)

garydrake425

Reaction score
DangeRuss is the ROTY in my eyes hands down. Next year we will show the idiots whos BOSS with are DangeRuss team going BeastMode the whole season and not just part of it. I can see us winning more games next year even running the table dismantling our opponents viciously.