NO MORE HIDING FOR HAWKS

Shock2k

Reaction score
That article is so good I had to read it twice. I like it, I'm ready to be the bad guy. I'm ready to collect the tears of the destroyed at the end of games, and drink it while cackeling wildly.

Seaaaaahaaaaawwwwwkssss. Muuuuhahahahahahahahahaah. Your tears are so sweet on my lips!

Ok, maybe not that far. Maybe a little more passive aggressive Seattel style.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Nice article! Fun and well-written. I take exception to one of his themes, though.

No team with Russell Wilson is 'the bad guy' and

Fans all over the country DEFINITELY do NOT hate us.

I think the inverse is true. I wish I had catalogued all the random conversations I have had with friends, co-workers, and strangers. (ALL being fans of other teams first). They LOVE this Seahawks team. For one reason or another. For one player or another. They love to watch us. They find themselves cheering for us. They are fascinated by us. Believe me. We are becoming MANY MANY people's so-called 'second favorite team'.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
bestfightstory":wh5svh27 said:
Nice article! Fun and well-written. I take exception to one of his themes, though.

I think the inverse is true. I wish I had catalogued all the random conversations I have had with friends, co-workers, and strangers. (ALL being fans of other teams first). They LOVE this Seahawks team. For one reason or another. For one player or another. They love to watch us. They find themselves cheering for us. They are fascinated by us. Believe me. We are becoming MANY MANY people's so-called 'second favorite team'.
Everybody loves the underdog story. That's what we truly are. A 5'10 rookie QB playing in S. Alaska. It's what movies are made of.

Largent80

Reaction score
I live in Socal, and all season long everyone has been laughing at me wearing Hawk gear and saying we haven't done anything. now they are being nice to me and I am being the asshole now.

I'm tired of being the nice guy, I want blood. I could care less if other teams players are out, get knocked out, or anything else.

I just want to keep kicking asses.

chris98251

Reaction score
They may love us now, but that love hate thing is two edged. People loved the Pats when they knocked off the Rams, then Brady love, then oh god can someone please knock them off, then we hate Belicheck, hate Brady, success breeds that.

It's ok really, don't forget all the love hate we had in 2005 from other fans, fans that wanted us to knock off other teams. Fans that wanted us to kick the Steelers ass in the SB, and the fans that came back to support us after that fiasco of offciating.

We also had a lot of fans mostly in division that ramped up thier disdain for us, Rams fans in particular at that time.

We are developing a image, now I think the jury is still out as to what it is, is it our punch you in the face defense or is it Russell Wilson and Marshawn Lynch on the offense. I still think it's our defense with respect for Lynch on the offense. It will be interesting to see if that evolves to Wilson and then the defense.

HawkWow

Reaction score
bestfightstory":326vc2jo said:

Agreed. The nature of my profession has me dealing with tourists on a regular basis. I see this guy the other day sporting an OSU Buckeye shirt. Seemed like a good natured dude so I rib him by asking "who do you like to win the natty this year"? Needless to say, he had a lot to say about his Buckeyes. I tell him being a life-long Dawg fan, I can relate to his probation-induced anguish. He then asks if I was originally from Seattle. I tell him yes and for the next 30 minutes, we talk only Seahawks (in the most flattering of terms). I was impressed by this outsider's knowledge of our team and I am seeing this more and more. As a Hawk fan, it's a level of respect I am unfamiliar with.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Very good article, but the grammar problems made me want to gouge my eyes out. Proofread that ish, author! Lol. Paste it into Microsoft Word if it's that much trouble, it'll catch most of what's wrong.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
bestfightstory":35lp6iyn said:

I too have experienced this. Its tough to talk sh** anymore. Everyone is always like,," you know I love ""this team"" but I really like the Seahawks"....... All the time.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
And no more underdog crap. Thats for losers trying to be winners or win once. I want a dominant nasty team. I want to be like the Raiders of the 70's but more bad ass and low penalties.

irocdave

Reaction score
I must say it is a change of pace to talk football with fans of other teams and not feel like I have to defend why I think the Hawks can win. I can deal with other fans hatred / jealousy, give us SB wins. Feels like souls are being sold saying this, but yea, multiple SB wins, we can deal with the rest.