Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Come On Hawks Fans. We're Better Than This.
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:00 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:19 pm
Posts: 894
I mean don't bring your kids to a Seattle game dressed in Duck and 49er garb then be all stunned when they take a little verbal bashing. First, get a clue. Second, don't come back.

Some of the most rude fans I've witnessed at games were dressed in another team's colors. Where's the article about them?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Come On Hawks Fans. We're Better Than This.
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:04 am 
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:15 pm
Posts: 310
Aros wrote:
Sigh. Just add alcohol sadly enough. And Testosterone. Not a great combo when their pal Bravado shows up. I've had my share of fun at the games, even times where I tipped a bit back more than I care to admit, but I can't imagine being this out of control and inhumane to other people. To be fair, this occurs in every single stadium and fanbase around the NFL every single game day, but as Seahawks fans, WE SHOULD BE BETTER THAN THIS!

http://seattletimes.com/html/take2/2020 ... two28.html


Somehow I believe the woman who wrote the letter/story is a tad sensitive to things that most of us wouldn't give a second thought to. Really, bodyguards? Sorry, I'm not buying it. She makes it sound as if at every single point of her "innocent and harmonious journey to Seattle" that her and her children were threatened and bullied. I would be skeptical of one point of incidence as she describes it, but to claim multiple incidents involving different people causing her to fear for her physical safety just sounds like a lie.

Adults picking on a 14 year old before the game started? And then to throw in the part about her son never wanting to go to a pro game again. Tell me this, would anyone of you stand by while drunken adults terrorized a 14 year old? I doubt it. The secretary's story wreaks of exaggeration just shy of flat out bullshit!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Come On Hawks Fans. We're Better Than This.
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:06 am 
* NET Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:17 pm
Posts: 165
Location: West Linn, OR
As a life long Seahawks fan who went to his first home game....at the first home game in 1977, Things HAVE really changed. I was 11 years old during my first season with the Seahawks. My parents felt it was totally ok to buy our family season tickets and take me to every game, where their largest worry was strategic parking before the game. They had no worry that I would be exposed to rude fan behavior, or that some drunken fan would throw up on us. In fact, I can remember no specific incidents of bad fan behavior from Home fans or visiting fans. In fact, we had a KC Chiefs fan sit in front of us one game early on.....and 10 years later that same fan sat in the same seat and my dad greeted him like a lost friend and they bantered back and fourth the whole game....all in good fun. We were ALL fans of football. We held those seats until they brought the place down.

Since those days, our entire culture has changed..... This is not just a football fan issue. This is a larger issue. It has become ok to yell and ridicule people. It has become ok to be disrespectful to women. It has become totally ok to publicly shame another person. I see this behavior most often with the under 25 crowd. Trashing another person on facebook, or twitter or a message board is the new normal........My 18 year old daughter says its fun. Is anyone surprised this behavior then comes out in public, with total strangers....where it is easy to be anonymous hiding behind a fan jersey in a stadium full of 65,000 other people? Man, I don't. It's shameful really.

You can call me old, or stupid, or nostalgic or whatever the hell you want....but I think everyone should be able to experience being a fan. The game day experience is what made me into a lifelong Seahawks fan. I don't want parents to not want to take their kids to a game because they are worried. Now....with that said, I would not take an 11 year old to an away game. I expect a certain amount of ribbing, and a run in or two with a guy who has had too much. I can deal with this just fine....and have most recently at Mile High Stadium a couple of years ago.

It just comes down to treating people the way you would want to be treated. Unfortunately, that's a pretty low level for some.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Come On Hawks Fans. We're Better Than This.
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:45 am 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:56 am
Posts: 402
Disappointing to read that, but at the same time I think that lady is exaggerating about there being more abusive people than nice people. The last time I went to a game was the 2010 season opener. There was a lot of talking back and forth the security kicked people out left and right but for the most part the majority of fans were well behaved. After the game the 49er fans wouldn't shut up, one group kept harassing everyone. A Seahawks fan told him to go home, and the Niner fan shoved him - it was broken up immediately. Another group was in a couple's ear because the girl was in a Niner jersey and the guy a Seahawks jersey. One 49er fan kept saying, "You're pissing me off. You want to fight?". Even though the Seahawks fan never talked, the girl looked terrified. I noticed a Renton cop who was off-duty (I just recognized him from around town) and he was there to walk between them to make sure nothing bad happened. NFL fans be pretty crazy.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Come On Hawks Fans. We're Better Than This.
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:46 am 
* NET Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am
Posts: 3883
Hawkfan77 wrote:
SharkHawk wrote:


Nothing like that should happen anywhere, but the OP simply said, "Come on Hawk Fans, We're Better Than This". I couldn't agree more. But after reading some of the responses.... maybe we're not better than this. Maybe some are, but apparently a lot think it's a-ok and to be expected. I see fans of teams I dislike wearing their jerseys everyday. I'm glad there is interest in the NFL and that there are rivals who buy tickets, who make it so that somebody wants to broadcast the games, and that provide cities like Seattle with the taxes needed to build such a fantastic stadium. As I said before.... that wasn't just Seahawks fans paying for that stadium. In fact, a large percentage of it was tourist dollars (and still is). That doesn't mean I think they should be carried into the stadium like kings, but maybe we can let them attend a game without worrying about death. Sadly it will take something awful beyond awful before a lot of minds are changed, and it's a matter of time. It's like an earthquake or a volcanic eruption. You can feel it building. Stadium violence is on the rise and it's a matter of time before it happens in Seattle and maybe some eyes will open to what is a serious problem. I hope like crazy it never happens, but I'm afraid we're kind of at the point of no return here, and then lots of folks will have answers about how to fix it. I'd love it if we had those answers now rather than after a woman, child, or even a full grown man has to experience it.


Hey you know what? As Hawk fans we are better than this year. As real Hawk fans we don't act like that. So stop trying to pretend that the entire fan base is out of control, and yes that is what you are acting like.

You know who does crap like this? Drunk jackasses who aren't even real fans, just morons looking for excuses to be drunk fools in public. The ones who yell at fans like that (I've only seen this on a few occasions and none to the level of that lady who wrote to the garbage times) and yeah, one time I did step in and tell the "hawk" fan to cool it. Don't tell us how we should feel and act when you don't know how we feel and act.

I just don't believe this story happened the way it was written. I've been a season ticket holder in the 300's section and have been to plenty of games in the 100's section too, never have I ever seen anything close to what she described. So ya, we are better than that.


Uh huh. Ok, thanks for setting me straight. I could care less if they are drunk jackasses or real fans. What happened to Bryan Stow happened in the Dodgers Stadium parking lot, and it doesn't matter if that was done by "fans" or "drunk jackasses". Either way he suffered brain damage and nearly died.

All I am saying is that Seattle is quickly heading this way. I've been to games in many different decades and it is very clearly getting worse, even as security and technology for security is getting better by leaps and bounds, they still aren't keeping up with the fighting and worse that is going on. They can't keep up as it's getting worse.

I always thought Seattle was better than that. I remember leaving the stadium and actually being let out by another driver and seeing how quickly the stadium cleared. People would wave each other through, tell them when it was clear, etc. I also saw everybody obeying the traffic lights... both pedestrians and vehicles. And interestingly enough, that same attitude seemed to take place in the stadium. Now I see less and less of each thing. That's all I'm saying. When you start spiraling downward, it is very hard to make a comeback and get out of such a mess. But what do I know? Not much apparently. Apparently it is all because a fan of a team has the nerve to wear the "colors" (WTF?! Is this 1992 in Compton? PLEASE!!!) of their team and they "have it coming." Just stupid.

_________________
Image
R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
1/12/39 - 8/7/08


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Come On Hawks Fans. We're Better Than This.
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:49 am 
* NET Sage *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 4:55 pm
Posts: 4371
theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
It's simple really - don't wear 49ers jersey's at Century Link.

Don't draw attention to yourself.


:34853_doh:

That's so ridiculous.

I hate the Niners .. but they have every right to support their team, home or away, if they spend their hard earned money to see them. There is friendly trash talk and there is harassment/abuse. If the story told by this Niner fan is true.. it's downright shameful she had that type of experience.

I've seen Seattle play on the road in SF, Phoenix and Denver - I had fans give me shit.. I gave it back.. but it was all just good natured trash talk. That's all that should happen anywhere. Like Aros said.. we should be better than this. Much better.

_________________
February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Come On Hawks Fans. We're Better Than This.
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:13 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:14 pm
Posts: 1516
SoCalSeahawk wrote:
Aros wrote:
Sigh. Just add alcohol sadly enough. And Testosterone. Not a great combo when their pal Bravado shows up. I've had my share of fun at the games, even times where I tipped a bit back more than I care to admit, but I can't imagine being this out of control and inhumane to other people. To be fair, this occurs in every single stadium and fanbase around the NFL every single game day, but as Seahawks fans, WE SHOULD BE BETTER THAN THIS!

http://seattletimes.com/html/take2/2020 ... two28.html


Somehow I believe the woman who wrote the letter/story is a tad sensitive to things that most of us wouldn't give a second thought to. Really, bodyguards? Sorry, I'm not buying it. She makes it sound as if at every single point of her "innocent and harmonious journey to Seattle" that her and her children were threatened and bullied. I would be skeptical of one point of incidence as she describes it, but to claim multiple incidents involving different people causing her to fear for her physical safety just sounds like a lie.

Adults picking on a 14 year old before the game started? And then to throw in the part about her son never wanting to go to a pro game again. Tell me this, would anyone of you stand by while drunken adults terrorized a 14 year old? I doubt it. The secretary's story wreaks of exaggeration just shy of flat out bullshit!


Agreed. I would never stand by and just watch as some douche gets in a kids face. Im calling Bull.

_________________
Image
"God Bless Russell Wilson"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Come On Hawks Fans. We're Better Than This.
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:15 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
Posts: 2387
Location: Sammamish, WA
The Seattle Mariners: Plenty of good seats still available.

Might be more to her liking.

_________________
60 percent of the time..........it works........every time


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Come On Hawks Fans. We're Better Than This.
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:35 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:26 am
Posts: 1069
Location: Indianapolis
Wartooth wrote:
I live in Illinois...Not proud of it, just a fact.
I've been to see the Hawks at Soldier Field, Lambeau Field, Metrodome, and Ford Field(Yep...On that fateful day).
I've always worn Hawks gear to these games, and people are going to spout off...
It is how you respond to it that is the key.
I generally end up buying the people around me a few beers, they buy me a few beers, and we talk crap about each others teams...
When it's all said and done, we shake hands and go home...
I can't imagine why this screeching harpy that was telling everyone to 'Shut up! had a bad time?


This sums it up pretty well. I've taken crap from hostile fans; I just ignore it and nothing comes of it. I'm sure the opportunity for escalation existed if I did otherwise.

My favorite was in Cleveland when a Browns fan yelled at me, "Go back to Seattle!" I laughed pretty damn hard and refrained from saying, "You think there's any chance that I'm going to choose to STAY in Cleveland?" What a hellhole of a city.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Come On Hawks Fans. We're Better Than This.
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:41 pm 
*SILVER SUPPORTER*
*SILVER SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:40 am
Posts: 4378
Location: Southern CA
theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
It's simple really - don't wear 49ers jersey's at Century Link.

Don't draw attention to yourself.

This may be the way to go, but if so, it shouldn't have to be. Anyone should be free to wear their favorite team gear in any stadium. It's a game for crying out loud. They paid good money for their tickets, plus travel cost, etc. They are a guest in Seattle and at C-Link and should be treated as such. Joking that their team is going to get smashed, obliterated and eviscerated by the Hawks is one thing, screaming f bombs in people's faces is something else entirely.

_________________
Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Come On Hawks Fans. We're Better Than This.
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:59 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:35 am
Posts: 687
hedgehawk wrote:
That article is a joke. Go to a Mariner game instead. Or how about dressing in normal clothing instead of being decked out in opposing teams gear. My dad is a Rams fan and we go every year to the home and away game (except this year) and one of us always dresses in civilian clothing. Me in ST Louis and him here in Seattle, never had a problem. I do agree if you see things happening, like people getting physical, you should step in and try to help if you can. People yelling at you though...gimme a break.


I agree with this. I think there's a level of decorum and respect that you need to show when in an opposing team's stadium, and problems happen when this respect isn't given.

I've been to many games at the Clink since 2002, and it's almost always harmless ribbing happening. Lets see these same 49ers fans go to Oakland Colliseum and see what a REAL hostile crowd is like. In short: these people need to grow a pair.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Come On Hawks Fans. We're Better Than This.
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:08 pm 
NET Bench Warmer
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:15 am
Posts: 11
My wife and I attended the Hawks / Vikings game earlier this year. I was wearing my Seahawks ( Alexander ) jersey and she was wearing a Vikings jersey. We had lots of people from both sides make good humored comments to us about our mixed colors. No problems whatsoever.
If this crap (article) is happening, well, these people need to understand that it is just a game and that the game would not be possible without an opponent. Stay classy people.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Come On Hawks Fans. We're Better Than This.
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:13 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
Posts: 2387
Location: Sammamish, WA
Hey Midwest, funny you mention the Cleveland thing. We had someone yell to us "go back to Seattle" We simply responded "Gladly"

_________________
60 percent of the time..........it works........every time


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Come On Hawks Fans. We're Better Than This.
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:19 pm 
* Capt'n Dom *
* Capt'n Dom *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
Posts: 8836
Location: Granite Falls, WA
I have always found the opposing fans at the Clink more out of line then the locals.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Come On Hawks Fans. We're Better Than This.
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:28 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:12 am
Posts: 221
Location: Albany, NY
I don't know. I have only been to one game and it was against the niners and their fans were the ones talking. I feel the woman a Niners fan maybe hyped up what really happened. She could be sore about the loss or the fact that we all know that their stadium has more issues with other teams visiting than most places. But if it is true I hope it stops. I know the Hawks have been looked at as weak and pathetic for a long time but lets keep it on the field and let the players do the beating.

_________________
One day we will win it all! TOLD YA!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Come On Hawks Fans. We're Better Than This.
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:32 pm 
* NET Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:49 pm
Posts: 2988
Most of you have cell phones with cameras. There are also microphones available for cell phones. I suggest you use them. Document and help security do their jobs.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Come On Hawks Fans. We're Better Than This.
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:54 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:26 am
Posts: 1069
Location: Indianapolis
SoulfishHawk wrote:
Hey Midwest, funny you mention the Cleveland thing. We had someone yell to us "go back to Seattle" We simply responded "Gladly"


Haha. Seriously never going back to that city unless my job requires it for some reason.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Come On Hawks Fans. We're Better Than This.
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:11 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
Posts: 2387
Location: Sammamish, WA
What a hole in the wall that city is, wow. I won't even go into some of the stuff that was said to me at halftime when we had the lead. Brutal. Now Chicago, that was an entirely different level.

_________________
60 percent of the time..........it works........every time


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Come On Hawks Fans. We're Better Than This.
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:14 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:26 am
Posts: 1069
Location: Indianapolis
Chicago fans are awful. Too bad, because unlike Cleveland they've got a great city. But the sports fans are hideous and I auto-root against Chicago in everything now because those people deserve to walk around in a stupid drunken haze wondering what just hit them after every game.

Also went to Seahawks-Colts here in Indy three years ago, Colts fans were cool. And I've been to St. Louis, fully expecting (even hoping) to hate their fans, but they were actually cool people as well.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Come On Hawks Fans. We're Better Than This.
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:16 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
Posts: 2387
Location: Sammamish, WA
I loved the city of Chicago, so much to do. I have a ton of relatives out there too. We did the Colts game too, incredible fans. They were so friendly, and the stadium was pretty mellow. We were just Peyton's next victim. Maybe the best fans I've been around for a road game, right up there with Miami and Denver.

_________________
60 percent of the time..........it works........every time


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Come On Hawks Fans. We're Better Than This.
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:33 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 902
Location: Everett, Wa
Whats the real story. A group of 36 huh. Sounds like some whinners bit off more then they could chew. Sorray foya :angry017:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Come On Hawks Fans. We're Better Than This.
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:57 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
Posts: 9252
Location: Renton Wa.
This the NFL, thats 32 teams, you should be able to support your team at any venue without worrieing about living to tell about it. Ribbing and sarcasm is fine, making it a personal issue is not. I have been to playoff games in the Kingdome, Monday Night Games against the Raiders and never seen this type of behavior, been a long time since I was at an actual regular season game. In those days it was about the game and experience and having fun. Opposing fans made it that much more enjoyable when it was competitive ribbing.

Being able to wear opposing colors and supporting the team you choose is not an invitation to be beat up, cornered, have shit thrown at you.

Where if that group of 36 was all together and the 49ers jerseys in mass may appear as a great heckle target, kids and descretion should be thought of as if your kids were there.

Now saying that and since there was not itr sounds more and more like young punks in a group feeling like they were all that and didn't have kids to think about what they were actually doing.

_________________
Image

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
.Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Come On Hawks Fans. We're Better Than This.
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:17 pm 
* NET Moderator *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
Posts: 18457
Location: Milwaukie, Oregon
Not that it excuses any behavior but these kids were 14. When I was 14 I would have loved to have guys cuss at me and insult my team. I would have smiled, laughed and loved every minute.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Come On Hawks Fans. We're Better Than This.
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:29 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
Posts: 9252
Location: Renton Wa.
JSeahawks wrote:
Not that it excuses any behavior but these kids were 14. When I was 14 I would have loved to have guys cuss at me and insult my team. I would have smiled, laughed and loved every minute.


Well in these days of coddleing and your special type parenting many are sheltered from the actual world by their parents. It's a shock to see what reality is and it's ugly side.

_________________
Image

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
.Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Come On Hawks Fans. We're Better Than This.
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:32 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
Posts: 9895
pinksheets wrote:
There's always going to be a few bad apples that really cross the line, that's unfortunate.

I do want opposing fans to feel unwelcome in our house, though. I don't want them there.

The above says it all IMHO. A few forty whiner fans crying, at least no one got stabbed unlike candledump. To the story, meh whatever! Odds are its full of exaggerating and half truths, and I hardly doubt they are the innocent victims they claim to be. If you are wearing enemy colors into an opposing stadium and don't expect to get harassed a little then you are naive. More than likely a few butthurt whiner fans still bitter over their team being completely dominated and embarrassed on national tv.

_________________
42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS century, deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Come On Hawks Fans. We're Better Than This.
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:01 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4217
Sports Hernia wrote:
pinksheets wrote:
There's always going to be a few bad apples that really cross the line, that's unfortunate.

I do want opposing fans to feel unwelcome in our house, though. I don't want them there.

The above says it all IMHO. A few forty whiner fans crying, at least no one got stabbed unlike candledump. To the story, meh whatever! Odds are its full of exaggerating and half truths, and I hardly doubt they are the innocent victims they claim to be. If you are wearing enemy colors into an opposing stadium and don't expect to get harassed a little then you are naive. More than likely a few butthurt whiner fans still bitter over their team being completely dominated and embarrassed on national tv.



"enemy" colors... because THIS IS WAR!!!

ffs... whats naive is that a bunch of idiots think that when they're at a sporting event (an entertainment venue by the way) that they are somehow inclined to act like idiots.

Regardless of whether this story is true or not, it happens. Regardless of whether someone was stabbed or not, the idea that we need to "protect this house" and make the opposing fans feel uncomfortable through verbal abuse reeks of immaturity.

Seahawk fans, if you value the 12th man and the gameday experience, understand that this behavior was an extensive part of the fan experience in the English Premier League... now the opposing teams fans get cordoned off sections with police escorts, tickets are priced out of average fans monetary means, roudy fans lose their season tickets... forever, alcohol is often banned.

As the OP said, clean it up. be loud. have fun (its a party after all) but lose the mentality that you are somehow involved in the physical battle between the two teams. Crowd noise impacted the game. acting like bullies to 14 year old kids didnt. its not your inherent right to intimidate other human beings because they were "naive" enough to support their team by wearing a uniform to a game. ridiculous


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Come On Hawks Fans. We're Better Than This.
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:12 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:03 am
Posts: 2053
I question the validity of this story.

_________________
Member formally known as AC59


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Come On Hawks Fans. We're Better Than This.
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:15 pm 
* NET Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am
Posts: 3883
The whole "colors" thing just sounds so moronic. It's a gang war at a Seahawks game? A gang war where games cost too much for the average person to attend? You're talking hundreds of dollars after it's all said and done to get a decent seat, parking, some food, lodging, etc. etc. if you're coming from out of town, and yet people are acting like they are armed soldiers attending a by invitation only war on a Sunday afternoon in a billion dollar park. Give it a rest with the Under Armour commercial bullcrap. It's a game.

_________________
Image
R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
1/12/39 - 8/7/08


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Come On Hawks Fans. We're Better Than This.
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:29 pm 
* Glitter over Knives *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:13 pm
Posts: 8511
As always when this topic comes up, it is primarily those who never travel alone and outside the safety of home and the crowd of majority who condone and promote this kind of barbarism.

Get your ass caught in someone else's web and watch how you twitch and hope for a just and compassionate stranger.

_________________
"Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
"BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)


Last edited by bestfightstory on Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Come On Hawks Fans. We're Better Than This.
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:29 pm 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:17 am
Posts: 161
impacthawk wrote:
As a life long Seahawks fan who went to his first home game....at the first home game in 1977, Things HAVE really changed. I was 11 years old during my first season with the Seahawks. My parents felt it was totally ok to buy our family season tickets and take me to every game, where their largest worry was strategic parking before the game. They had no worry that I would be exposed to rude fan behavior, or that some drunken fan would throw up on us. In fact, I can remember no specific incidents of bad fan behavior from Home fans or visiting fans. In fact, we had a KC Chiefs fan sit in front of us one game early on.....and 10 years later that same fan sat in the same seat and my dad greeted him like a lost friend and they bantered back and fourth the whole game....all in good fun. We were ALL fans of football. We held those seats until they brought the place down.

Since those days, our entire culture has changed..... This is not just a football fan issue. This is a larger issue. It has become ok to yell and ridicule people. It has become ok to be disrespectful to women. It has become totally ok to publicly shame another person. I see this behavior most often with the under 25 crowd. Trashing another person on facebook, or twitter or a message board is the new normal........My 18 year old daughter says its fun. Is anyone surprised this behavior then comes out in public, with total strangers....where it is easy to be anonymous hiding behind a fan jersey in a stadium full of 65,000 other people? Man, I don't. It's shameful really.

You can call me old, or stupid, or nostalgic or whatever the hell you want....but I think everyone should be able to experience being a fan. The game day experience is what made me into a lifelong Seahawks fan. I don't want parents to not want to take their kids to a game because they are worried. Now....with that said, I would not take an 11 year old to an away game. I expect a certain amount of ribbing, and a run in or two with a guy who has had too much. I can deal with this just fine....and have most recently at Mile High Stadium a couple of years ago.

It just comes down to treating people the way you would want to be treated. Unfortunately, that's a pretty low level for some.


"You can call me old, or stupid, or nostalgic or whatever ..." No, I call you wise and it's worth repeating. You hit it on the head --- it's the new culture of I can say and do whatever I want because I don't give a $hit about anyone else --- just like facebook, twitter etc.

This "defending our home turf" is BS -- let the guys on the field take care of business.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Come On Hawks Fans. We're Better Than This.
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:04 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
Posts: 2824
Location: Seattle
I love the whole "it's the younger generation" crap. Every older generation says the same thing about some younger generation, it's almost always entirely selective perception fueled BS. I've seen just as many, if not more, drunk and rowdy sports fans in their 40s and older than people between 18-25.

To be clear, I think the actions detailed in the article are largely despicable, but I also think that this lady's letter is exaggerated and not the whole story. She probably didn't have a good time going to watch her team get absolutely annihilated and is PO'd. I obviously wouldn't condone going up and hurling obscenities at a kid, but I also wouldn't dress my kid in opposing team gear and drag them to an NFL game. This isn't some passionless Mariners crowd, this is largely an adult event, not a Disneyfied family friendly experience. I wouldn't drag my kid to a heavy metal concert either, it's loud, rowdy, and an atmosphere that might not be particularly child friendly.

I don't think that opposing fans should expect to be able to walk in, not be acknowledged, and come into our house and hoot and holler for their team. Obviously, harassment and threats are over the line, but if your day is just absolutely ruined because someone told you your team sucks with a few F-bombs thrown in, you probably should have stayed at home. Opposing fans should have realistic expectations just as Hawks fans should respect that nobody should be physically threatened or personally attacked at the game. I don't see anything wrong with wanting opposing fans to feel unwelcome, as long as that desire doesn't extend into also wanting them to feel unsafe.

If everything this lady claimed is 100% accurate(which I doubt), there's a lot of unacceptable behavior that should result in people getting kicked out of the game. There's no denying the Seattle Times won't skip a chance to remind everyone how high brow and above everything they are by denigrating sports and sports fans, though.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Come On Hawks Fans. We're Better Than This.
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:21 pm 
* El Primo *
* El Primo *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
Posts: 5222
Location: Skagit County, WA
This type of bullshiet comes up every year from some whiney fan who's team lost at The Clink...but; Seattle is still in the US of A and ANYONE who can get a ticket has the right to come into The Clink and enjoy the game without being harassed by a punch of punks. Yes, that's what they are, punks.

I will also say that in all the times I've been to Seahawks Stadium, I've never seen a physical assault or anything even close to that nature........of course, I'm usually with Riley12 and NO ONE in their right mind would mess with that gangsta! :stirthepot:

_________________
If you're walking on thin ice, you might as well dance.................................................Mom


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Come On Hawks Fans. We're Better Than This.
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:51 pm 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:23 pm
Posts: 159
Location: Port Orchard, WA
I, personally, don't question the stories validity. I went to the Monday night Seahwaks vs. Packers MNF game and this SNF Seahawks vs. 49ers game. I myself was a little appalled at the behavior of some hawks fans. i seen fights break out during both the games. I love my seahawks and love to see the niners get smashed by us on primetime however it is not the stage to pick fights and degrade the innocent during gameday.

I was sitting in the hawks nest during gameday and there was pretty much just one niners fan around us totally unprepared for the games conditions. Every one around us heckled him but he was literally freezing cold in just a thermal, niners jersey, and niners pajama pants. My wife actually offered him a rain poncho that we had extra and some "hott hands". She even got yelled at by a fan behind us for offering such a thing. After I gave him a piece of my mind things got settled but I was seriously disappointed with some of the 12th mans behaviors during the game. However, it will never overshadow how great of a game it was to be at, and how much I love to see Jim Douchebah and the whiners get stomped on by the Hawks.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Come On Hawks Fans. We're Better Than This.
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:55 pm 
* Glitter over Knives *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:13 pm
Posts: 8511
LymonHawk wrote:
This type of bullshiet comes up every year from some whiney fan who's team lost at The Clink...but; Seattle is still in the US of A and ANYONE who can get a ticket has the right to come into The Clink and enjoy the game without being harassed by a punch of punks. Yes, that's what they are, punks.

I will also say that in all the times I've been to Seahawks Stadium, I've never seen a physical assault or anything even close to that nature........of course, I'm usually with Riley12 and NO ONE in their right mind would mess with that gangsta! :stirthepot:



And THIS is telling, cuz Lymin considers glitter a physical assault.

_________________
"Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
"BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Come On Hawks Fans. We're Better Than This.
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:59 pm 
* Capt'n Dom *
* Capt'n Dom *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
Posts: 8836
Location: Granite Falls, WA
bestfightstory wrote:
LymonHawk wrote:
This type of bullshiet comes up every year from some whiney fan who's team lost at The Clink...but; Seattle is still in the US of A and ANYONE who can get a ticket has the right to come into The Clink and enjoy the game without being harassed by a punch of punks. Yes, that's what they are, punks.

I will also say that in all the times I've been to Seahawks Stadium, I've never seen a physical assault or anything even close to that nature........of course, I'm usually with Riley12 and NO ONE in their right mind would mess with that gangsta! :stirthepot:



And THIS is telling, cuz Lymin considers glitter a physical assault.


That's right!

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Come On Hawks Fans. We're Better Than This.
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:59 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:41 pm
Posts: 1589
I've seen a fair share of violence at Seahawks games over the years. At the Raiders home game in 99 a brawl spread over an entire section. I used to sit up in the Hawks Nest and saw things like this on a weekly basis. Most of the time it was one drunk idiot screaming at another drunk idiot. That said, I haven't seen any fights over the last couple of years, but it seems to me the crowd has become a little more intense and alcohol fueled than when we were mediocre and no one cared (1992-2002). I think its a newer type of fan that pulls this.

Its never ok to get in a kids face and scream profanities at them and I have literally never seen this happen at a Seahawks game. However, if it did happen, thats unfortunate.

I think the writer of the letter might be blowing things out of proportion, and if the Niners had won, I'm willing to bet her feelings would be different. And honestly, 36 people in a crew and your horrified that your getting crap? However, kids should be off limits and I've never got all the macho bs and fighting that occurs at a sporting event. Its like "I'm tougher than you because the team I support is beating you"?? Really??

I flip opposing fans a decent amount of crap if they want to dish some out. Most of the time, I question the depth of their fandom, flipping them off and telling them to F themselves just doesn't do it for me. But challenging their knowledge of their teams history and calling them front runners is always fun.

People always blame alcohol, but, in my extensive experience with the substance in question, I've learned that the people that act like dicks when they are drunk, act like dicks when they are sober. I went to hawks games and was a dick before I even could legally drink, why? Because I was a dick. Alcohol amplifies whats already there, that's it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Come On Hawks Fans. We're Better Than This.
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:08 pm 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:12 pm
Posts: 421
Anyone who is a fan of the Seahawks usually has my respect, but in this case I wouldn't mind seeing those assholes getting their ass kicked even if it means they stop being seahawks fans. They are most likely band wagon fans who were no where to be seen before the Hawks were this good again.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Come On Hawks Fans. We're Better Than This.
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:17 pm 
NET Bench Warmer
Online

Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:51 pm
Posts: 31
I had season tickets for 7 years, saw a lot of ass hats start fights and just act disorderly, but usually opposing fans didn't get into trouble with locals unless they were a little overboard or couldn't take what they dished out. I also saw the general profanity and drunken morons increase every year. It wasn't every fan like the article kind of implies, but there were lots, sometimes we sat in sections with families and stood cheering the hawks with no profanity. Sometimes we sat in sections with a bunch of drunks that didn't care about the game and started fights. As a local I think we see more opposing fans in fights and being asses because there's one in each altercation and so few out of the masses of people it seems to be a lot more. The behavior in the article was one of the reasons I let my tickets go, I just don't dig having beer spilled on me and garlic fries all over my hawks gear. Still attend a few a year to get my fix, but I remember having Raiders fans try to tell me to sit down in our stadium and then ask if I want to walk outside and get my ass kicked.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Come On Hawks Fans. We're Better Than This.
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:19 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am
Posts: 6439
Dyelon42 wrote:
I, personally, don't question the stories validity. I went to the Monday night Seahwaks vs. Packers MNF game and this SNF Seahawks vs. 49ers game. I myself was a little appalled at the behavior of some hawks fans. i seen fights break out during both the games. I love my seahawks and love to see the niners get smashed by us on primetime however it is not the stage to pick fights and degrade the innocent during gameday.

I was sitting in the hawks nest during gameday and there was pretty much just one niners fan around us totally unprepared for the games conditions. Every one around us heckled him but he was literally freezing cold in just a thermal, niners jersey, and niners pajama pants. My wife actually offered him a rain poncho that we had extra and some "hott hands". She even got yelled at by a fan behind us for offering such a thing. After I gave him a piece of my mind things got settled but I was seriously disappointed with some of the 12th mans behaviors during the game. However, it will never overshadow how great of a game it was to be at, and how much I love to see Jim Douchebah and the whiners get stomped on by the Hawks.


Now that last part is just plain stupid. It's called "The Hawk's Nest" for a reason. I would never go into an opponents stadium and sit in a section pretty much designated for the home crowd. That's just ridiculous. And its the middle of Dec in Seattle and this dummy isn't bundled up? And he's by himself? Cmon, let's be real now. That guy should've done more research.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Come On Hawks Fans. We're Better Than This.
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:36 pm 
* Glitter over Knives *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:13 pm
Posts: 8511
I have traveled to see the Seahawks play in New Orleans, Miami, Philly, Denver(x3), KC(x3), Buffalo, Pittsburg, Denver, Toronto, San Francisco, Minnesota, and Green Bay. I think that is all.

I know I am not the most traveled Hawks fan but I have been around some. I don't start shit on the road. In fact, I rarely cheer my team's successes to excess. And, ftr, I am much bigger and tougher than Jonrud or Hemi.

All that said. I can assure you that in every stadium there are assholes who go to the games looking for someone to demean and threaten and challenge and cause suffering to.

I don't care whether I am in Denver or Seattle or KC. And i dont care what color the jerseys are. I know whose side I am on when I see a predator in action.

_________________
"Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
"BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Come On Hawks Fans. We're Better Than This.
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:38 pm 
* NET Radish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:18 pm
Posts: 18023
Location: Spokane, Wa.
bestfightstory wrote:
I have traveled to see the Seahawks play in New Orleans, Miami, Philly, Denver(x3), KC(x3), Buffalo, Pittsburg, Denver, Toronto, San Francisco, Minnesota, and Green Bay. I think that is all.

I know I am not the most traveled Hawks fan but I have been around some. I don't start shit on the road. In fact, I rarely cheer my team's successes to excess. And, ftr, I am much bigger and tougher than Jonrud or Hemi.

All that said. I can assure you that in every stadium there are assholes who go to the games looking for someone to demean and threaten and challenge and cause suffering to.

I don't care whether I am in Denver or Seattle or KC. And i dont care what color the jerseys are. I know whose side I am on when I see a predator in action.



Leif I rarely argue with you now a days but I have to say Hemifed looks pretty damned capable to me. lol

:les:

_________________
Image
The SuperB owl ladys have left the building with our thanks.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Come On Hawks Fans. We're Better Than This.
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:42 pm 
* Capt'n Dom *
* Capt'n Dom *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
Posts: 8836
Location: Granite Falls, WA
The Radish wrote:
bestfightstory wrote:
I have traveled to see the Seahawks play in New Orleans, Miami, Philly, Denver(x3), KC(x3), Buffalo, Pittsburg, Denver, Toronto, San Francisco, Minnesota, and Green Bay. I think that is all.

I know I am not the most traveled Hawks fan but I have been around some. I don't start shit on the road. In fact, I rarely cheer my team's successes to excess. And, ftr, I am much bigger and tougher than Jonrud or Hemi.

All that said. I can assure you that in every stadium there are assholes who go to the games looking for someone to demean and threaten and challenge and cause suffering to.

I don't care whether I am in Denver or Seattle or KC. And i dont care what color the jerseys are. I know whose side I am on when I see a predator in action.



Leif I rarely argue with you now a days but I have to say Hemifed looks pretty damned capable to me. lol

:les:


Hemi would beat Leif down and not break a sweat. Sorry big beard.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Come On Hawks Fans. We're Better Than This.
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:45 pm 
* Glitter over Knives *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:13 pm
Posts: 8511
Tech Worlds wrote:
The Radish wrote:
bestfightstory wrote:
I have traveled to see the Seahawks play in New Orleans, Miami, Philly, Denver(x3), KC(x3), Buffalo, Pittsburg, Denver, Toronto, San Francisco, Minnesota, and Green Bay. I think that is all.

I know I am not the most traveled Hawks fan but I have been around some. I don't start shit on the road. In fact, I rarely cheer my team's successes to excess. And, ftr, I am much bigger and tougher than Jonrud or Hemi.

All that said. I can assure you that in every stadium there are assholes who go to the games looking for someone to demean and threaten and challenge and cause suffering to.

I don't care whether I am in Denver or Seattle or KC. And i dont care what color the jerseys are. I know whose side I am on when I see a predator in action.



Leif I rarely argue with you now a days but I have to say Hemifed looks pretty damned capable to me. lol

:les:


Hemi would beat Leif down and not break a sweat. Sorry big beard.


I knew your ass would sniff this post out. Bull Roar. Hemi is a big cornfed farmer with no streetcred. He could take me in a wheelbarrow race but let us throw down and it's over. No contest. It's been quite awhile, but I'm a destroyer. Hemi is a gentle giant. And an oaf.

_________________
"Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
"BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Come On Hawks Fans. We're Better Than This.
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:48 pm 
* Capt'n Dom *
* Capt'n Dom *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
Posts: 8836
Location: Granite Falls, WA
bestfightstory wrote:
Tech Worlds wrote:
The Radish wrote:
[quote="bestfightstory"]I have traveled to see the Seahawks play in New Orleans, Miami, Philly, Denver(x3), KC(x3), Buffalo, Pittsburg, Denver, Toronto, San Francisco, Minnesota, and Green Bay. I think that is all.

I know I am not the most traveled Hawks fan but I have been around some. I don't start shit on the road. In fact, I rarely cheer my team's successes to excess. And, ftr, I am much bigger and tougher than Jonrud or Hemi.

All that said. I can assure you that in every stadium there are assholes who go to the games looking for someone to demean and threaten and challenge and cause suffering to.

I don't care whether I am in Denver or Seattle or KC. And i dont care what color the jerseys are. I know whose side I am on when I see a predator in action.



Leif I rarely argue with you now a days but I have to say Hemifed looks pretty damned capable to me. lol

:les:


Hemi would beat Leif down and not break a sweat. Sorry big beard.


I knew your ass would sniff this post out. Bull Roar. Hemi is a big cornfed farmer with no streetcred. He could take me in a wheelbarrow race but let us throw down and it's over. No contest. It's been quite awhile, but I'm a destroyer. Hemi is a gentle giant. And an oaf.[/quote]

Ya know I never thought of it like that. You might be correct, especially after seeing what you did to Patrick Swayze.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Come On Hawks Fans. We're Better Than This.
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:51 pm 
NET Bench Warmer
Online

Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:51 pm
Posts: 31
bestfightstory wrote:



All that said. I can assure you that in every stadium there are assholes who go to the games looking for someone to demean and threaten and challenge and cause suffering to.

I don't care whether I am in Denver or Seattle or KC. And i dont care what color the jerseys are. I know whose side I am on when I see a predator in action.



Well said BFS


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Come On Hawks Fans. We're Better Than This.
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:52 pm 
* NET Radish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:18 pm
Posts: 18023
Location: Spokane, Wa.
I'm thinking if we counted "oafs" in just this page of this string I can see at least 3.

:roll:

Don't bad mouth those Colville folks Leif there are some bad bastards up there.

Course there's a big hippy community there also,,,,,,,,,

_________________
Image
The SuperB owl ladys have left the building with our thanks.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Come On Hawks Fans. We're Better Than This.
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:53 pm 
* Glitter over Knives *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:13 pm
Posts: 8511
Get real. I coud take Hemifed straight up-with Jordan and his twin Bob Newhart clinging to my ankles. All the while mocking Patrick Swayze and carrying TorontoMarkyMark on my back.

That's right!

_________________
"Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
"BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Come On Hawks Fans. We're Better Than This.
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:55 pm 
* NET Radish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:18 pm
Posts: 18023
Location: Spokane, Wa.
bestfightstory wrote:
Get real. I coud take Hemifed straight up-with Jordan and his twin Bob Newhart clinging to my ankles. All the while mocking Patrick Swayze and carrying TorontoMarkyMark on my back.

That's right!



Now that's where I got screwed up. I thought you said you were carrying TorontoMarkyMark on your face.

sorry.

_________________
Image
The SuperB owl ladys have left the building with our thanks.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Come On Hawks Fans. We're Better Than This.
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:06 pm 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am
Posts: 10064
The Radish wrote:
I'm thinking if we counted "oafs" in just this page of this string I can see at least 3.

:roll:

Don't bad mouth those Colville folks Leif there are some bad bastards up there.

Course there's a big hippy community there also,,,,,,,,,

Haha, I'm a Colville bastard, born and raised. Eff them hippies, though.

_________________
SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Come On Hawks Fans. We're Better Than This.
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:06 pm 
*SILVER SUPPORTER*
*SILVER SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:09 pm
Posts: 1765
Location: Central Washington
Interesting. And perty dern tough ya ask me. I'd love to hear the, Best. Fight. Story. :shock: :th2thumbs:


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]



 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.