Miami Herald's Prediction of the Seattle and San Fran Games

Keyhawk

Reaction score
As usual and expected for this week, the Herald goes with Seattle. It should be interesting to see the playoff predictions. GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

RAMS (7-7-1) at SEAHAWKS (10-5)

Line: SEA by 10 1/2.

Cote’s pick: SEA 27-19.

Seattle will have a natural letdown after routing rival San Fran last week. And St. Lou isn’t bad. I know Seahawks are 7-0 at home. And I know their 150 points the past three games are the most in a 3G stretch since the 1950 L.A. Rams. But STL won first meeting and I like ’em again, not outright but getting double-digit points.

CARDINALS (5-10) at 49ERS (10-4-1)

Line: SF by 16 1/2.

Cote’s pick: SF 27-0.

Arizona spins its quarterback wheel and it lands on Brian Hoyer, making his first NFL start as the Cardbirds’ fourth different starter. Cacti are 1-10 since a 4-0 start and have no shot here. Niners were humbled/embarrassed by Seattle last week and will take out all that anger and frustration on poor Hoyer.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/12/27/3 ... picks.html

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I hate to say it, but I don't think that Niners game is gonna' be close at all, his pick sounds about right.

djb28

Reaction score
I am confused. The line says Hawks by 10 1/2 . He picks the Seahawks to win 27-19 then says that the Rams won the first one and will win again by getting double digit points?

themunn

Reaction score
djb28":vzt1snul said:
I am confused. The line says Hawks by 10 1/2 . He picks the Seahawks to win 27-19 then says that the Rams won the first one and will win again by getting double digit points?

he says "not outright"?
does he just mean he thinks they'll SCORE double digit points?

Will I

Reaction score
I don't think the Rams find the end zone. They will be held to FG's only. So he's off a little giving them 19. I say we cover the spread.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
People just are not paying attention to the Seahawks right now. Wilson was not the same QB when he faced the Rams last time. If the early season held ANY relevance to the later season, we wouldn't have shellacked San Francisco like we did.

zayden185

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":253ildef said:
We're 10.5 point favorites against the Rams? Holy cow! When has the spread been that ridiculous in our favor?

Most we have been favored by in awhile.

I believe vs cards we were by 10 actually...

Rams are motivated to sweep conference record and have some "momentum" for next year

Also, Jeff Fischer led teams are 63 percent winners as underdog, and if you just bet blind and took double digit under dogs...you would win 62 percent of the time

If the game is in hand...up 17 say mid way through fourth or a bit later...opens up for backdoor cover or meaningless score. Divisional opponent as well

Largent80

Reaction score
Those dudes will NOT score 19. Hell they will be lucky to get 6.

We are going to cream these wittle wambs.

Squirrel Ram  4244