One thing I'm not liking

Crizilla

Reaction score
fans are already counting us to be in the superbowl, comparing us to the 05 team, etc etc

While i do believe in RW and I do think he will make us playoff contenders for years to come, it's still his rookie season and we have to get through the playoffs first. Lots of GREAT teams in the playoffs especially in the NFC. It's not a walk in the park by any means. Look at GB last year....15-1 with no playoff wins.

Starrman44

Reaction score
Part of the fun as fans is the "just imagine" or dream factor. We certainly feel the crush of defeats, may as well enjoy the highs of winning, even if we get crazy a little bit.

Foghawk

Reaction score
I think it’s great that fans are excited, optimistic, and placing such tremendous expectations on this team. :thirishdrinkers:

legend38

Reaction score
What he said.I loooooooove are team but lets not get ahead of ourselves,like we did against Miami.

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
Sure...but it's a bit better than when some of us (myself included) thought that 8-8 would be about what we could hope for with a rookie quarterback. I'm pretty sure it won't be a walk in the park, but do you see us losing our first playoff game this year? And then losing to the Falcons if we make it to the next round? Anything can happen....just go with the flow. It's much more enjoyable that way (well for most of us anyway).

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Crizilla":2cbs2rcc said:
fans are already counting us to be in the superbowl, comparing us to the 05 team, etc etc

While i do believe in RW and I do think he will make us playoff contenders for years to come, it's still his rookie season and we have to get through the playoffs first. Lots of GREAT teams in the playoffs especially in the NFC. It's not a walk in the park by any means. Look at GB last year....15-1 with no playoff wins.

Let us have our fun. Kill joy.

OP
OP
Crizilla

Crizilla

Reaction score
It's not that i think fans shouldnt be excited. But a "05 or 12" thread? really? we havent made the superbowl. Havent even won our division. How can you compare those teams? Right now 05 is the best year and best team we have had. We have to WIN it all to pass that year

how about looking at the possibility of making a run in this years playoffs rather than spout out OMG SUPERBOWLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! like an annoying 12 year old

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Wilson will come back down to earth eventually, but right now he's playing at roughly a third-year level with a group of limited receivers. It's hard to see us going anywhere but up next year.

The Radish

Reaction score
I don't think that was as fans will be much disappointed this season unless we lose tomorrow's game.

We've accomplished about all we expected this season and what a ride its been.

Anyone bitching about our season from here better have good locks on their doors.

:141847_bnono:

grizbob

Reaction score
Crizilla":2grjrawe said:
It's not that i think fans shouldnt be excited. But a "05 or 12" thread? really? we havent made the superbowl. Havent even won our division. How can you compare those teams? Right now 05 is the best year and best team we have had. We have to WIN it all to pass that year

how about looking at the possibility of making a run in this years playoffs rather than spout out OMG SUPERBOWLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! like an annoying 12 year old

Hay rook, the coach wants to see you and take your playbook :0190l:

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
People are getting carried away around here.

But if you can't let yourself get carried away, whats the point? May as well let yourself enjoy things, right?

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Crizilla":3sg5gd77 said:

We very much might have to change your name to cryzilla.

Come on man. You really bitching about the excessive optimism? It's refreshing to finally have something to really be excited about. Who cares if we take it too far.

Cryzilla indeed!

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Interesting take.

But as a fan of this franchise for every moment of its existence I would tell you to
{SHACK Material}.....

We only get so many moments like these.
I am embracing every one of them.

My favorite moment EVER as a Seahawks fan was our victory over Washington in the playoffs in 2005 season. I was I. Attendance for the NFC Championship, as well, but nothing (for me) compared to the release of a playoff victory after 23(?) years without one.

I have worshipped ineptitude in a pretty package.

I am now celebrating the opportunity for success and stretching it outward in every direction from Feb 3, 2013.

Deal with it.

KitsapHawk

Reaction score
bestfightstory":39ypfmup said:
Interesting take.

But as a fan of this franchise for every moment of its existence I would tell you to
{SHACK Material}.....

We only get so many moments like these.
I am embracing every one of them.

My favorite moment EVER as a Seahawks fan was our victory over Washington in the playoffs in 2005 season. I was I. Attendance for the NFC Championship, as well, but nothing (for me) compared to the release of a playoff victory after 23(?) years without one.

I have worshipped ineptitude in a pretty package.

I am now celebrating the opportunity for success and stretching it outward in every direction from Feb 3, 2013.

Deal with it.

This mi lord

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Come on Criz, this is about to be the 3rd best record the team has EVER had, and we are the hottest, if not one of the hottest, team in the NFL. Nothing wrong with being stoked and having high expectations. Shoot, it's not that often in our history that this team is at this level. I'm enjoying every last second of it. Annoying 12 year olds because some people think we will make the Superbowl? Really? :roll:

And why in the heck wouldn't we compare the team to the 2005 team? Sure that team was probably better overall, and had the #1 seed etc. However, this Defense is hands down better than that one, and look how efficient our Offense is right now. Marshawn Lynch is every bit as good as SA imo. I'm not sitting here saying this team is as good as 2005 at all. However, this is a damn good team, that's getting very hot at the right time. So have a coke and a smile, and enjoy the ride.

Will I

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1mk2ytca said:
Crizilla":1mk2ytca said:

Let us have our fun. Kill joy.

This!

Shane Falco

Reaction score
I feel like I've been free'd as a Seahawks fan to enjoy this team in it's full glory and not even worry about this issue or that issue that may be a weakness anymore.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No doubt. This season has been a huge success. I think we truly are a Superbowl contender, not saying we WILL be in the Superbowl. But, we are in the dance, and have a great shot at this thing. Regardless what happens in the playoffs, this has been one heck of a season. I'll be able to hold my head up high, win or lose. The future is VERY bright for this team. We are just scratching the surface. With this Quarterback, this coaching staff, this young team, the talent on the team, and this front office etc. How can you NOT be incredibly excited about this team????? Seems really corny to actually be mad that people are excited about the team. :?

Latest posts