Do you WANT the Hawks to Win the NFC West?

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
I asked this question in the Seahawks-Rams Preview Thread, but since no one's bit yet, thought that I would make this its own thread.

Here's the question to chew on and discuss ...

Do you truly WANT the 49ers to lose today and for the Hawks to win the NFC West this year?

Now before you answer ... really think about this one.

Scenario A: Finishing 2nd in the NFC West to the 49ers and having the 5th Seed (the most likely scenario) means that the Seahawks (in all likelihood) will be facing the Redskins in the 1st Round ... and the Falcons in the 2nd Round.

Scenario B: Winning the NFC West in all likelihood means that the Seahawks will be facing Green Bay AT Lambeau Field after hosting either the Vikings or Bears at Century Link in the 1st Round.

Second Question ...

If you favor Scenario A (the Seahawks being the 5th Seed) ... WHO do you WANT winning the NFC East?

Personally, I like the Seahawks prospects in the 1st Scenario much better. To me, the Redskins look like a good match-up for the Hawks, as RGIII doesn't look like his old self after taking the shot that he did. And I don't care WHAT the Falcons record says -- they look vulnerable to me. It was interesting listening to Dave Wyman on 710 ESPN this week say exactly the same thing. Wyman said that he had heard around that the Falcons were "soft" ... both on offense and on defense. To me, that looks like a plum that's ripe for the plucking. I personally feel that the Hawks would go further in the playoffs NOT winning the NFC West ... as I don't like the prospects of facing Green Bay again after the "Fail Mary" AT Lambeau.

As far as who would I rather play in Scenario A (Redskins or Dallas) ... I'd personally say the Redskins for basically the same reason. It's much easier to face a team for the first time than to have to face a team that you humiliated again on their home turf IMO.

What about you guys? Scenario A or B ... and why?

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Plan B, and there isn't even a question.

I want a home playoff game. The fans deserve it. Plus I am not concerned about match ups. To be the best you gave to beat the best (ric flair) so let's just play em and worry bout it later.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Number one. Do you want the Hawks to get a game at the CLINK or not?
Number two. If they are good enough to win the Super Bowl, they should not worry about which teams they have to play.

Snake Plisskin

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":34yymucv said:
Plan A, and there isn't even a question.

I want a home playoff game. The fans deserve it. Plus I am not concerned about match ups. To be the best you gave to beat the best (ric flair) so let's just play em and worry bout it later.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think plan A gets you a home game.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Mandu":138qe145 said:
Tech Worlds":138qe145 said:
Plan A, and there isn't even a question.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think plan A gets you a home game.

Woops! I better edit me post!

hawksfanohio

Reaction score
With scenario B, if Green Bay loses to Minnesota then at any point the Seahawks meet up with them, it would be at the Clink and I love that scenario.

Plan A does seem like the better scenario. I would rather play Dallas/Washington and Atlanta to get to the NFC Championship. I think we match up well against Atlanta and if we come out and punch them in the mouth early, they will fold. I think Matt Ryan would have a tough day against our secondary even in their dome. It would be a great matchup to watch though. Julio Jones and Roddy White are damn good receivers. But the way we're playing right now, I say bring on whoever, whenever, and wherever.

Will I

Reaction score
Scenario B, Packers do NOT scare me. They are a good team, we are better! We have the running game to back up our MVP caliber QB. We have the better Defense. A game in GB would not be easy by a long shot, but I like our teams chance to win anywhere right now. So why not let our fans enjoy a playoff game before taking this show on th road. Go Hawks!

themunn

Reaction score
if going to lambeau is so difficult then what makes you think that we won't have to go there for the NFC Championship game should we make it that far?

IMO there's not another team in the NFC playing as well as we are right now, so if WE can't go to Lambeau and win, what makes you think the 49ers could?
At least if we win the 3rd seed there's a tangible chance of playing the NFC Championship game at home too (beat the Vikings, beat the Packers, 49ers beat the Redskins then the Falcons)

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Scenario B. This team is still a better team at home than on the road, so the home game increases the chances to advance in the playoffs.

In addition, who says the Packers will get the 2 seed? I think the Vikings beating Green Bay is a far more likely scenario than the Cards beating San Francisco today. If the Cards can pull off the upset, the Vikes sure as hell can.

All that said, I definitely see the allure of the 5 seed. I'd rather face Dallas if we had to go that route. Their stadium is full of fair-weather fans who don't truly provide a HFA, and their O-line is subpar. Romo may have been on fire recently, but he hasn't faced a defense and secondary as challenging as ours in that stretch. And going to play Atlanta is fine by me. They've got the same fan situation as Dallas (except worse) and the Falcons have yet to show they know how to finish.

sutz

Reaction score
You play to win the game. You win the games to win championships.

I want to win the division. We can't do it on our own now, but we can do our part. More flags in the rafters, guys.

Besides, right now our only counter to the "5 gold rings" BS is to win the division over the Niners.

The only reason we care about who we face next is game planning. No fear of anybody, anywhere.

:th2thumbs:

Throwdown

Reaction score
Da hell kinda question is that? hell yeah I want the division I also want the 2nd seed too!

I don't get why every ones so scared of the Packers, you guys really think they'll be so motivated because Po' wittle Arianna Rodgers got her feewings huwt? Give a damn! we'll take them and anyone else that is in our way!

Plus like Tech said, the fans deserve it.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
This is not even close.

Winning the division not only gets us one home game, but it puts us a second round win away from hosting the NFC title game if Atlanta gets upset in the divisional round.

I've accepted that we're probably just going to be a wildcard, and I think we'll do just fine from that spot, but in no way is that my desired result.

OP
OP
Hawkscanner

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
sutz":3cbc5q67 said:
You play to win the game. You win the games to win championships.

I want to win the division. We can't do it on our own now, but we can do our part. More flags in the rafters, guys.

Besides, right now our only counter to the "5 gold rings" BS is to win the division over the Niners.

The only reason we care about who we face next is game planning. No fear of anybody, anywhere.

:th2thumbs:

Oh I don't "fear" anybody and think the Hawks could take care of business regardless. I find it funny somehow listening to some of the national pundits talk about the Seahawks ... and when they do the "Fail Mary" often seems to come up in discussions. It's interesting how those experts who want to focus on the "Fail Mary" seem to overlook the Patriot Paddling ... the Bear Beat-Down ... and the San Francisco Slaughter. Hmm. No those games proved to me beyond a shadow of a doubt that this team can beat anyone and can win anywhere. I'm just looking for the path of least resistance to the Super Bowl.

themunn":3cbc5q67 said:
if going to lambeau is so difficult then what makes you think that we won't have to go there for the NFC Championship game should we make it that far?

Playing the Packers at Lambeau (I believe) is probably unavoidable. I'd just rather that they beat on the Niners FIRST before the Hawks face them ... than for the Hawks to face them first. That's just me. I contend that the road to the NFC Championship is more than likely going through Lambeau.

volsunghawk":3cbc5q67 said:
Scenario B. This team is still a better team at home than on the road, so the home game increases the chances to advance in the playoffs.

In addition, who says the Packers will get the 2 seed? I think the Vikings beating Green Bay is a far more likely scenario than the Cards beating San Francisco today. If the Cards can pull off the upset, the Vikes sure as hell can.

Agreed that we're far better at home. Obviously. It's just that I see Scenario A as being the path of least resistance to the SB.

As far as the Vikings are concerned -- after losing Percy Harvin, I see that one as highly unlikely unless the Packers decide to Pack it in for some reason today. It's more likely than the Cards beating the 49ers ... but the Vikings prospects are far from great today.

grizbob

Reaction score
One game at a time, don't care how they get there, just please get there :180670: :3:

hawxfreak

Reaction score
How many times have the titans been blown out this year Cant wait to show gb our new offensr but i would rather not hsve a bye the only thing i fear is losing our momentum

OP
OP
Hawkscanner

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
hawxfreak":3ms6kxko said:
How many times have the titans been blown out this year Cant wait to show gb our new offensr but i would rather not hsve a bye the only thing i fear is losing our momentum

And THAT also plays in to my thinking there about NOT getting the #2 Seed (if that were to somehow happen). The Dolphins game is a prime example of exactly how Byes can be momentum killers.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":i2p2o7zi said:
volsunghawk":i2p2o7zi said:

Agreed that we're far better at home. Obviously. It's just that I see Scenario A as being the path of least resistance to the SB.

As far as the Vikings are concerned -- after losing Percy Harvin, I see that one as highly unlikely unless the Packers decide to Pack it in for some reason today. It's more likely than the Cards beating the 49ers ... but the Vikings prospects are far from great today.

It's not like the Packers have an outstanding run defense. With Adrian Peterson going for the single-season rushing record, I could see the Vikings benefiting from that in several ways. Either the Pack sells out to stop him (which is hard enough) and the Vikes take advantage as they did against Houston, or they do indeed feed Peterson and he has a monster day. Both perfectly plausible scenarios - and much more likely than Brian Hoyer taking the 49ers down in San Fran.

SeahawkGeoff

Reaction score
I'm happy with A or B. I'm just glad the Seahawks are winning and playing strong football going into the post season.