Redskin's Wins/Losses

SoCalSeahawk

Reaction score
According to the FO defensive efficiency ratings, all of the Redskin's ten wins have come against lower tier defenses:
Giants 18th
Browns 19th
Ravens 21st
Vikings 22nd
Buccaneers 25th
Saints 27th
Cowboys 30th (twice)
Eagles 32nd (twice)

Their six losses:
Bengals 5th
Rams 9th
Steelers 10th
Panthers 11th
Falcons 12th
Giants 18th

The Seahawks are ranked 2nd through week 16, and maybe first after today. I believe that every match-up on both sides of the ball favor the Seahawks. Even with the plodding surface at FedEx Field the Seahawks have all of the elements to dominate this game from beginning to end.

Sherman and Browner v. Garcon and Moss brings a wry smile to my face 8)

hawksfan515

Reaction score
Garcon is legit.

If RG3 is still hobbled though, I like our chances. He was struggling with the Cowpatties horrible defense (Alfred Morris wasn't though, that's for sure).

AceBoogie715

Reaction score
I'm not worried about our pass defense. I don't think Griffin can beat us with his arm, but we have to be able to contain the run game by RGIII/Morris. That's where it starts.

BGHawk

Reaction score
Somehow need to put ALOT of pressure on RG3, stuff the run and trust BB and sherm to cover...maybe send RS in on a cb blitz on RG

OP
OP
SoCalSeahawk

SoCalSeahawk

Reaction score
I think both phases of Griffin's game are containable in his current state, but then I have those flash backs of freakin' Tannehill running for key first downs against this D on that slow grass in Miami. Is it just me, or is Morris the slowest and most non elusive 1600 yard rusher in NFL history?

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
We have the right guys to get physical with their WRs and take away that slant. Seems to me that whenever I saw a long bomb TD for the Skins it was Hankerson on the other end on a post route. They don't seem to have much production from the TE spot.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
My biggest concern against their O is that play action fake/throw over the middle. They run that option the same way then turn around and fake that same play and throw it down the middle for 10-15 yd plays. The LBR's are forced to step up to stop the run and the throw comes over the top of them. We have been vulnerable to that middle area a bit this year so we need to plan and be ready for that.

I think our DE's and LBR's have a lot more discipline on the read option plays to not be fooled over and over on those like the cowpatties. The key to stopping that option play is maintaining gap integrity and trusting your team mates to do the same.

RiggoReincarnated

Reaction score
oregonhawkfan":1eahyg35 said:
My biggest concern against their O is that play action fake/throw over the middle. They run that option the same way then turn around and fake that same play and throw it down the middle for 10-15 yd plays. The LBR's are forced to step up to stop the run and the throw comes over the top of them. We have been vulnerable to that middle area a bit this year so we need to plan and be ready for that.

I think our DE's and LBR's have a lot more discipline on the read option plays to not be fooled over and over on those like the cowpatties. The key to stopping that option play is maintaining gap integrity and trusting your team mates to do the same.

I see it this way, your defense is better than ours. However, a solid game plan and players who are willing to fight and lay it on the line can mask alot of flaws in a one and done scenario (look at the Giants last year).

I fully expect a game with alot of punts...field position will be key imo, something like a 17-13, 13-10, 14-13 type game...

sutz

Reaction score
RiggoReincarnated":2uupwbl8 said:
oregonhawkfan":2uupwbl8 said:

I see it this way, your defense is better than ours. However, a solid game plan and players who are willing to fight and lay it on the line can mask alot of flaws in a one and done scenario (look at the Giants last year).

I fully expect a game with alot of punts...field position will be key imo, something like a 17-13, 13-10, 14-13 type game...
Don't know about your punter, but if it comes down to that, I like our chances with Ryan. ;)

kearly

Reaction score
Garcon "legit"-imately tanked my fantasy season after I drafted him this year. Him and Larry Fitzgerald. Bastards.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
RiggoReincarnated":1uhjqrrx said:
oregonhawkfan":1uhjqrrx said:

Our offense averages 25 plus, and will go against your D that is bottom half of the NFL. That would kind of indicate the Hawks would score in the 30 point range. Vegas has the line at 46, and with the spread that means they think both teams are in the 20's. With us being right at our scoring average.

Are you sure you aren't predicting that low score because you know your team just can't score much on our D?

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
RiggoReincarnated":3uz7ljsj said:
oregonhawkfan":3uz7ljsj said:

You're basically hoping the Redskins desire to 'win' is enough to get them past Seattle. That is not a safe form of optimism against a superior team. The Redskins are going to have to overachieve compared to their numbers. By a lot.

Your defense is not going to constantly stop our offense. Not if the 49ers couldn't.

Torris

Reaction score
SoCalSeahawk":hrvo74i8 said:
According to the FO defensive efficiency ratings, all of the Redskin's ten wins have come against lower tier defenses:
Giants 18th
Browns 19th
Ravens 21st
Vikings 22nd
Buccaneers 25th
Saints 27th
Cowboys 30th (twice)
Eagles 32nd (twice)

Their six losses:
Bengals 5th
Rams 9th
Steelers 10th
Panthers 11th
Falcons 12th
Giants 18th

The Seahawks are ranked 2nd through week 16, and maybe first after today. I believe that every match-up on both sides of the ball favor the Seahawks. Even with the plodding surface at FedEx Field the Seahawks have all of the elements to dominate this game from beginning to end.

SEA may win, but they won't dominate. I believe WAS has just as good a chance as SEA does. I don't see any advantages. Should be a great game.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Torris":1svs1l7e said:
SoCalSeahawk":1svs1l7e said:
Giants 18th
Browns 19th
Ravens 21st
Vikings 22nd
Buccaneers 25th
Saints 27th
Cowboys 30th (twice)
Eagles 32nd (twice)

Their six losses:
Bengals 5th
Rams 9th
Steelers 10th
Panthers 11th
Falcons 12th
Giants 18th

SEA may win, but they won't dominate. I believe WAS has just as good a chance as SEA does. I don't see any advantages. Should be a great game.

Hush. We'll deal with you next week Falcon fan. :)

Storts

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3fj7o21k said:
Torris":3fj7o21k said:
SoCalSeahawk":3fj7o21k said:
Giants 18th
Browns 19th
Ravens 21st
Vikings 22nd
Buccaneers 25th
Saints 27th
Cowboys 30th (twice)
Eagles 32nd (twice)

Their six losses:
Bengals 5th
Rams 9th
Steelers 10th
Panthers 11th
Falcons 12th
Giants 18th

Hush. We'll deal with you next week Falcon fan. :)

Storts likes this a lot! :D

Latest posts