Anthony McCoy and after the catch

Hawk-A-Loogie

Reaction score
Do you guys see this also? Whenever McCoy catches the ball and is running for a potential TD... he messes it up by slowing down, changing direction, or trying to stiff arm a guy that is chasing him from behind.

All he needs to do is sprint up the sideline.

Not going to go into specific plays because I am sure you all can point out the plays im talking about. But from this past game where he caught a wide open pass and started running and there was a defender chasing him... he slowed down and stiff arm the dude and got drag down along with it.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
Poor guy, he's just not fast enough. I saw him slamming his head into the turf after that, but he should've known he wouldn't have scored.

And anyways, to the OP, I think he knew he wasn't fast enough, and he thought if he could evade that tackler he would have scored. A calculated gamble that didn't work.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I don't think McCoy has a "sprint." It's more like a "lumber." And he falls hard.

Aristotle22

Reaction score
In the Arizona game I think, it looked like if he had stayed on the outside of Rice's block along the sidelines he gets in. He went back to the inside and was tackled at the 6. Lynch scored after it but could have given Russell 27 tds

OP
OP
Hawk-A-Loogie

Hawk-A-Loogie

Reaction score
Yeah he doesn't have great speed. Just think that he should commit to running as far north as he can instead of trying to do one on one juke/moves. But its true, at least he isn't dropping passes like he's known to do, which I am happy.

Aristotle22

Reaction score
I wasn't able to watch the game yesterday, was his pass interference ridiculous?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Aristotle22":rac5sntv said:
I wasn't able to watch the game yesterday, was his pass interference ridiculous?
Incredibly dumb.

OP
OP
Hawk-A-Loogie

Hawk-A-Loogie

Reaction score
Aristotle22":1snedq98 said:

From what I saw, Miller would have been open regardless for the TD because he broke away enough to make the catch. McCoy basically bumped Miller's defender... kind of ridiculous IMO.

Starrman44

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3no4mxi5 said:
Aristotle22":3no4mxi5 said:
Incredibly dumb.

Looked like Zach already had his man beat, no need to try and block the defender. He should have just kept running his route.

I still like how he has come along. I think he is a solid number 2 or number 3 TE.

SoCalSeahawk

Reaction score
Remember, this is the guy who tripped over thin air during our game winning drive at St. Louis which resulted in a game ending interception. I like AM just fine, but there is definitely an occasional misfire from his brain to his feet.

samwize77

Reaction score
Gotta remember he was also the guy try "a hurdle" for a first down too....lol...I believe it was against the Pats or Packers!

VancitySeahawk

Reaction score
He makes way too many bonehead mistakes to be a number 1 TE.

Constantly makes crucial drops, costly penalties and bad judgement reactions.

Galen96

Reaction score
He's like BMW, but without the experience. He's never going to outrun DBs, but he is starting to make some catches, so I'm happy.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
McCoy needs to take some ballet classes or something. He runs with a heavy feet, like he's stomping the ground. Or he should talk to Golden Tate. Tate has some nimble feet and he has one of the prettiest spin moves.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
McCoy stills has lots of room for improvement, but I like the way he is trending. Just gotta continue catching the ball and run blocking.

drdiags

Reaction score
He probably hit a doobie before game time to mellow his nerves? j/k

McCoy is alright as a second TE. He seems like a good guy from his interviews. He needs to start doing more veteran moves on the field instead of the young colt.

MrCarey

Reaction score
Catch the ball for the first and I'm happy. He's turned into a threat in the end zone and I'm happy with that. I also like to have a good laugh watching him chug down the sideline for 10 minutes to get 5 yards.

olyfan63

Reaction score
VancitySeahawk":sq7tc0vb said:
He makes way too many bonehead mistakes to be a number 1 TE.

Constantly makes crucial drops, costly penalties and bad judgement reactions.

McCoy has caught most stuff thrown his way this season. His emergence, and the plays he's made, are probably responsible for +2 Seahawk wins over the course of the season. He was supposed to suck, but not only didn't suck as badly as expected, but also made some unexpected good plays at key times. Overall McCoy's a huge WIN this year.