Redskin's Wins/Losses

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Redskin's Wins/Losses
Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:14 pm
  • According to the FO defensive efficiency ratings, all of the Redskin's ten wins have come against lower tier defenses:
    Giants 18th
    Browns 19th
    Ravens 21st
    Vikings 22nd
    Buccaneers 25th
    Saints 27th
    Cowboys 30th (twice)
    Eagles 32nd (twice)

Their six losses:
    Bengals 5th
    Rams 9th
    Steelers 10th
    Panthers 11th
    Falcons 12th
    Giants 18th

The Seahawks are ranked 2nd through week 16, and maybe first after today. I believe that every match-up on both sides of the ball favor the Seahawks. Even with the plodding surface at FedEx Field the Seahawks have all of the elements to dominate this game from beginning to end.

Sherman and Browner v. Garcon and Moss brings a wry smile to my face 8)
    SoCalSeahawk
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Re: Redskin's Wins/Losses
Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:19 pm
  • Garcon is legit.

If RG3 is still hobbled though, I like our chances. He was struggling with the Cowpatties horrible defense (Alfred Morris wasn't though, that's for sure).
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:23 pm
  • I'm not worried about our pass defense. I don't think Griffin can beat us with his arm, but we have to be able to contain the run game by RGIII/Morris. That's where it starts.
    AceBoogie715
    NET Rookie

Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:36 pm
  • Somehow need to put ALOT of pressure on RG3, stuff the run and trust BB and sherm to cover...maybe send RS in on a cb blitz on RG
    BGHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:38 pm
  • I think both phases of Griffin's game are containable in his current state, but then I have those flash backs of freakin' Tannehill running for key first downs against this D on that slow grass in Miami. Is it just me, or is Morris the slowest and most non elusive 1600 yard rusher in NFL history?
    SoCalSeahawk
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:43 pm
  • We need the speedster Jeremy Lane to be the spy on RG3.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:07 am
  • hawksfan515 wrote:Garcon is legit.

Sherman is legitt-er though.. :141847_bnono: :141847_bnono: :141847_bnono:
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:27 am
  • We have the right guys to get physical with their WRs and take away that slant. Seems to me that whenever I saw a long bomb TD for the Skins it was Hankerson on the other end on a post route. They don't seem to have much production from the TE spot.
    HawkRiderFan
    NET Starter

Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:39 am
  • My biggest concern against their O is that play action fake/throw over the middle. They run that option the same way then turn around and fake that same play and throw it down the middle for 10-15 yd plays. The LBR's are forced to step up to stop the run and the throw comes over the top of them. We have been vulnerable to that middle area a bit this year so we need to plan and be ready for that.

I think our DE's and LBR's have a lot more discipline on the read option plays to not be fooled over and over on those like the cowpatties. The key to stopping that option play is maintaining gap integrity and trusting your team mates to do the same.
    Welcome to Mr. Wilson's Magic Show
    Strong safety Kam Chancellor, a 6-foot-3, 232-pound rhinoceros in cleats.....REED ALBERGOTTI
    Put them together, and this long-limbed, fleet-a-foot foursome forms a formidable force. ....Clare Farnsworth referencing the "Legion of Boom"
    oregonhawkfan
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:51 am
  • oregonhawkfan wrote:My biggest concern against their O is that play action fake/throw over the middle. They run that option the same way then turn around and fake that same play and throw it down the middle for 10-15 yd plays. The LBR's are forced to step up to stop the run and the throw comes over the top of them. We have been vulnerable to that middle area a bit this year so we need to plan and be ready for that.

I think our DE's and LBR's have a lot more discipline on the read option plays to not be fooled over and over on those like the cowpatties. The key to stopping that option play is maintaining gap integrity and trusting your team mates to do the same.

I see it this way, your defense is better than ours. However, a solid game plan and players who are willing to fight and lay it on the line can mask alot of flaws in a one and done scenario (look at the Giants last year).

I fully expect a game with alot of punts...field position will be key imo, something like a 17-13, 13-10, 14-13 type game...
    RiggoReincarnated
    NET Starter

Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:09 am
  • RiggoReincarnated wrote:
    oregonhawkfan wrote:My biggest concern against their O is that play action fake/throw over the middle. They run that option the same way then turn around and fake that same play and throw it down the middle for 10-15 yd plays. The LBR's are forced to step up to stop the run and the throw comes over the top of them. We have been vulnerable to that middle area a bit this year so we need to plan and be ready for that.

I see it this way, your defense is better than ours. However, a solid game plan and players who are willing to fight and lay it on the line can mask alot of flaws in a one and done scenario (look at the Giants last year).

I fully expect a game with alot of punts...field position will be key imo, something like a 17-13, 13-10, 14-13 type game...

Don't know about your punter, but if it comes down to that, I like our chances with Ryan. ;)
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:16 am
  • T-Sizzle wrote:
    hawksfan515 wrote:Garcon is legit.

Well said sir!
    falcongoggles
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:56 am
  • Garcon "legit"-imately tanked my fantasy season after I drafted him this year. Him and Larry Fitzgerald. Bastards.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:14 pm
  • T-Sizzle wrote:
    hawksfan515 wrote:Garcon is legit.

Well duh. Garcon is a top 15 WR, Sherman is the best CB in the NFL.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:18 pm

Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:00 pm
    oregonhawkfan wrote:My biggest concern against their O is that play action fake/throw over the middle. They run that option the same way then turn around and fake that same play and throw it down the middle for 10-15 yd plays. The LBR's are forced to step up to stop the run and the throw comes over the top of them. We have been vulnerable to that middle area a bit this year so we need to plan and be ready for that.

Our offense averages 25 plus, and will go against your D that is bottom half of the NFL. That would kind of indicate the Hawks would score in the 30 point range. Vegas has the line at 46, and with the spread that means they think both teams are in the 20's. With us being right at our scoring average.

Are you sure you aren't predicting that low score because you know your team just can't score much on our D?
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:32 pm

You're basically hoping the Redskins desire to 'win' is enough to get them past Seattle. That is not a safe form of optimism against a superior team. The Redskins are going to have to overachieve compared to their numbers. By a lot.

Your defense is not going to constantly stop our offense. Not if the 49ers couldn't.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:04 pm
  • SoCalSeahawk wrote:According to the FO defensive efficiency ratings, all of the Redskin's ten wins have come against lower tier defenses:
    Giants 18th
    Browns 19th
    Ravens 21st
    Vikings 22nd
    Buccaneers 25th
    Saints 27th
    Cowboys 30th (twice)
    Eagles 32nd (twice)

Their six losses:
    Bengals 5th
    Rams 9th
    Steelers 10th
    Panthers 11th
    Falcons 12th
    Giants 18th

The Seahawks are ranked 2nd through week 16, and maybe first after today. I believe that every match-up on both sides of the ball favor the Seahawks. Even with the plodding surface at FedEx Field the Seahawks have all of the elements to dominate this game from beginning to end.

SEA may win, but they won't dominate. I believe WAS has just as good a chance as SEA does. I don't see any advantages. Should be a great game.
    Torris
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:06 pm
  • Torris wrote:
    SoCalSeahawk wrote:According to the FO defensive efficiency ratings, all of the Redskin's ten wins have come against lower tier defenses:
    Giants 18th
    Browns 19th
    Ravens 21st
    Vikings 22nd
    Buccaneers 25th
    Saints 27th
    Cowboys 30th (twice)
    Eagles 32nd (twice)

Their six losses:
    Bengals 5th
    Rams 9th
    Steelers 10th
    Panthers 11th
    Falcons 12th
    Giants 18th

SEA may win, but they won't dominate. I believe WAS has just as good a chance as SEA does. I don't see any advantages. Should be a great game.

Hush. We'll deal with you next week Falcon fan. :)
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:14 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    Torris wrote:
    SoCalSeahawk wrote:According to the FO defensive efficiency ratings, all of the Redskin's ten wins have come against lower tier defenses:
    Giants 18th
    Browns 19th
    Ravens 21st
    Vikings 22nd
    Buccaneers 25th
    Saints 27th
    Cowboys 30th (twice)
    Eagles 32nd (twice)

Their six losses:
    Bengals 5th
    Rams 9th
    Steelers 10th
    Panthers 11th
    Falcons 12th
    Giants 18th

Storts likes this a lot! :D
    Storts
    NET Rookie

Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:16 pm
  • Storts wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    Giants 18th
    Browns 19th
    Ravens 21st
    Vikings 22nd
    Buccaneers 25th
    Saints 27th
    Cowboys 30th (twice)
    Eagles 32nd (twice)

Their six losses:
    Bengals 5th
    Rams 9th
    Steelers 10th
    Panthers 11th
    Falcons 12th
    Giants 18th

Storts likes this a lot! :D[/quote]

Creepy third person.
    I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:22 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:

Sure about that? :mrgreen:
    Torris
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:26 pm
  • Torris wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:

Unless you guys some how manage to lose your bye week. Which given your recent playoff performances......

(i actually really like the Falcons and they are who I would root for if the Seahawks were knocked out)
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:27 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    Torris wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:

Unless you guys some how manage to lose your bye week. Which given your recent playoff performances......

Ouch.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:42 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    Torris wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:

(i actually really like the Falcons and they are who I would root for if the Seahawks were knocked out)

Well, technically, if we win as well as the vikings the we will play the niners and the vikings will head to Atlanta.
    I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:55 pm
  • A couple gems already in the comments by some worried foreskin fans:

"Your whole blog is laughable. Funny how you forgot to mention your 3-5 road record. It's idiotic to think that a team on a 7 game winning streak is an easy win. Their is a reason why RG3 gets so much hype and you will learn on sunday. I have been hearing all season long how we run a "College Offense" and it's gimmicky and can be easily stopped! Well ask Rob Ryan about the the college offense he said we run and how easy it would be to stop it. The funny thing is Pete carrol stole it from us and you run it now. Albeit to a lesser extent. Your QB can't run a sub 4.4 with pitbulls behind him. And go ahead and think RG3 is hurt so your team speed will bottle him up. He ran for 66 yards on 6 carries. Over 10 yards a carry! He may not reach 4.3 in that brace but he still effortlessly gets to 4.4 as he beat Db's to the edge the past 2 sundays. I hope your coaching staff has more foresight than you or your team will be watching the divisional round with the Cowgirls!"

Washington is in TROUBLE this Sunday and their fans know it.

GO HAWKS!!
    "Doug Baldwin doesn't get separation, he gets a divorce." -NorthDallas40oz
    jman316
    NET Starter

Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:44 pm
  • The way I see it, this is anybody's game. Griffin might be hampered, but I can see him playing through the pain and putting all the cards on the table.

Shanny is no newbie to playoff football either. He will have them prepared.

I do think that the Seahawk offense will move the ball well. Playing against that Rams defense was probably the best thing for Wilson. The Hawks moved the ball, but didn't take too many risks to keep drives alive. Eventually they broke free and put up some points anyways.

It was like a restrictor plate was on the offense and it just came off for the coming week. I really think the offense is going to be the key in putting pressure on the skins to keep up. If they are clicking, game over.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

It is currently Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:27 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information