"Wail Mary" ?

hawktawk

Reaction score
Since we own the tie breaker with GB, don't we also own home field in the NFC Championship game if GB can survive that long? :?:

tomahawk

Reaction score
No - we are a lower seed. Unless Minny beats GB and Falcons then we will not have a home game. We also would have to beat Washington and SF for that to happen.

Lowest seed always travels to highest seed.

CANHawk

Reaction score
hawktawk":2c3nomq1 said:
That's a bad rule.
No, you just mad we wont get a home playoff game. the system works exactly like it should which is just fine. You want a home playoff game? Take care of business and win your division.

I love that the division championship actually means something in the nfl.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
CANHawk":3p77c9gv said:
No, you just mad we wont get a home playoff game. the system works exactly like it should which is just fine. You want a home playoff game? Take care of business and win your division.

Good post CAN.

sutz

Reaction score
CANHawk":31s1myme said:
hawktawk":31s1myme said:
That's a bad rule.

Yeah, it's set up so that the lowest seed has the hardest path, at least on paper.

The system is right. We just didn't win enough games in the regular season this year. Hopefully, our guys learn from that going forward. All the comments about which game lost us our shot at the div championship are so much noise. The truth is, you never know how a given game will really affect the final seedings. So, in the spirit of ComPete, you play every game like it matters, because it does.

tomahawk

Reaction score
If Braylon Edwards makes that catch in the endzone Week 1 in Arizona then we're in the 2 seed. Every game is huge.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
tomahawk":244r6ljz said:
No - we are a lower seed. Unless Minny beats GB and Falcons then we will not have a home game. We also would have to beat Washington and SF for that to happen.

According to this the Vikings would face the Niners in the 2nd round not the Falcons:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/schedules/postseason

Exittium

Reaction score
can someone explain to me how the heck we're listed twice? Because for me as i stare at that chart.... im think ok soooo... we play skins if we beat them we play atl if we beat atl, then we play the winner of the 49ers game..

volsunghawk

Reaction score
SeaWolv":3su3alks said:
tomahawk":3su3alks said:

According to this the Vikings would face the Niners in the 2nd round not the Falcons:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/schedules/postseason

Read the associated text in that link; don't just look at the graphic.

Lowest seed goes to highest seed. Always.

OP
OP
hawktawk

hawktawk

Reaction score
We need to bring back the replacement refs and let them make a ruling on this bad rule. We hosted NO because we won our division and it was the opening round. Plus, the Seahawks set a record by being the first team with a losing record to win a division. That alone deserves home field advantage. Now if Green Bay can whine incessantly about one call for months on end, I demand a new ruling on this obviously bad rule.

chris98251

Reaction score
With the amount or wailing here you would think we were the Packers............