Is Moffitt in Pete's doghouse?

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
What's going on with Moffitt?

Is he injured? Or has he simply lost his starting job?

Anybody really know?

TIA

Pstark3

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":31ngknyy said:
My opinion is the opposite of Rob's above ^^^. I think he's in the doghouse for lacking a bit in work ethic.
what? what makes you think that he doesnt have work ethic? all because of the real rob report?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Pstark3":2ot4nijv said:
hawksfansinceday1":2ot4nijv said:
My opinion is the opposite of Rob's above ^^^. I think he's in the doghouse for lacking a bit in work ethic.
what? what makes you think that he doesnt have work ethic? all because of the real rob report?
I don't know as I don't watch them. What I do know is several people on here mentioned he has said he doesn't like to lift for one thing IIRC. Extend that and it says a bit of a lack of work ethic. It just doesn't make sense to bench the guy for a very raw, green unproven rook unless he's hurt or in the doghouse. I do not rcall any mention of an injury beyond the normal late season nicks. I do hope I'm wrong though.

Pstark3

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2efr0h2l said:
Pstark3":2efr0h2l said:
hawksfansinceday1":2efr0h2l said:
I don't know as I don't watch them. What I do know is several people on here mentioned he has said he doesn't like to lift for one thing IIRC. Extend that and it says a bit of a lack of work ethic. It just doesn't make sense to bench the guy for a very raw, green unproven rook unless he's hurt or in the doghouse. I do not rcall any mention of an injury beyond the normal late season nicks. I do hope I'm wrong though.
I havnt seen anything about that on him but I wouldnt know, but i wouldnt be surprised if he was kidding when he said that, dude loves to joke around. I dont think he'd be on this team if he didnt have work ethic, in all honesty

and as for sweezy I feel like he has a rediculous amount of upside, and this game was as close to "meaningless" as we'll get for years to come. but what do i know haha

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Pstark3":2ivpsgn3 said:
I havnt seen anything about that on him but I wouldnt know, but i wouldnt be surprised if he was kidding when he said that, dude loves to joke around. I dont think he'd be on this team if he didnt have work ethic, in all honesty
Definitely hope you're right and definitely hope if that is the case, he's healthy enough to go this week.

BillHawks

Reaction score
He retweeted some guy the other day, something like "don't know how NFL athletes can work in an environment where 110% isn't enough", there was some speculation on here about that.

I have confidence they'll get it worked out, Pete said he was available if needed

the ditch

Reaction score
I'm close to saying we made two busts on offensive line in him and Carpenter, it happens, we will draft more offensive linemen to fill out the needs.

NYCoug

Reaction score
I get the feeling that John will be available on Sunday. It's possible that he's in Tom Cable's doghouse, more so than Pete's, but we're going to need him on Sunday. If Sweezy struggles again, it would be nice to have some capable cover.

Erebus

Reaction score
Isnt it an NFL rule that if you're injured at all, especially to the point where you might miss a game, you must be included on the injury report? Because of that, I dont think its an injury.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I think we did a lot of things in the last couple games that we won't be doing in the playoffs so that our opponents wouldn't have accurate recent film to study. Starting Sweezy over Moffitt may have been one of those things. Just a theory.

Chapow

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1hdwf5oy said:
What I do know is several people on here mentioned he has said he doesn't like to lift for one thing IIRC. Extend that and it says a bit of a lack of work ethic.

No, it doesn't.

Just because someone doesn't like to do something, doesn't mean they are a slacker at it or don't give 100%.

One of my closest friends pretty much hates his job, yet he shows up everyday on time, works his ass off and does a really good job. No one would ever question his work ethic.

Maybe Moffit is a slacker, I don't know, but questioning his work ethic just because he doesn't like to lift is a pretty big reach.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":gplrshsa said:
I think we did a lot of things in the last couple games that we won't be doing in the playoffs so that our opponents wouldn't have accurate recent film to study. Starting Sweezy over Moffitt may have been one of those things. Just a theory.
Maybe. Pete did say yesterday that Sweezy is battling for the job with Moffitt and right now he is ahead on the depth chart.

sutz

Reaction score
Erebus":1h5gu0o6 said:
Isnt it an NFL rule that if you're injured at all, especially to the point where you might miss a game, you must be included on the injury report? Because of that, I dont think its an injury.
Not quite. You only need to list a player that misses practice, or is actually under treatment or injured and in danger of missing a game. The normal day to day bruises and stuff don't get reported. Listing smeone on the report can make him a target, so a lot of coaches won't list minor ailments. Belichick is famous for fudging on his injury reports.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Scottemojo":28q6pjjz said:
Zebulon Dak":28q6pjjz said:
Maybe. Pete did say yesterday that Sweezy is battling for the job with Moffitt and right now he is ahead on the depth chart.

I'd say that depth chart is probably quite fluid, and maybe designed this time of the year to lend to some deception on who's playing in the playoffs. If they think Sweezy is still somewhat a raw, green liability, and plan their game around that, only to find Moffitt there instead, that could be a huge advantage. And they are probably close enough in abilities to allow them to do that.