To you Redskins fans visiting us

The Radish

Reaction score
I've had some interesting pleasant conversations with several of you about out 2 teams as you've been approved for member ship here.

I hope your interest in the game and pure football talk is given as well from our fans.

And thanks Shawn, I didn't realize your guys had planned to grab Russell Wilson for backup to RGIII. Sure glad for us that didn't happen. lol

:les:

-The Glove-

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2daxakdi said:
I'm assuming they meant Robert Griffin would be backing up the later drafted Russell Wilson.
Oh snap!

WeakBeak

Reaction score
For what they gave up to get Rg3, im so glad we have a front office that knows what there doing!!

wilson>rg3

hawktawk

Reaction score
Welcome all Washington R......s fans. Before you join in let me subtly remind you of our Seattle Politically Correct Speech Policy (SPCSP). SPCSP is not pronounced using that offensive lisp sound so as to not offend those type of persons who prefer using the lisp accent ending while verbalizing but can't stand being ridiculed for talking like a little girl. Back to the subject at hand, the racially derogatory term R......S. I even begin to shake when I have to spell it out in my head while I figure the correct number of periods to the corresponding offending letters. I think it is boorish of me to tell R........S Nation they must rename their beloved team to Washington Indigini, Washinton Originals, or even the currently trending Washington Natives. Therefore, as a community of concerned fans, may I offer up the suggestion that we discuss amongst ourselves the new enlightened term to be applied to the team from DC. May I be so bold to offer up the WASHINGTON HOPPIN HOPI. I realize that the Hopi Tribe currently resides in the beautiful scenic splendor of the Phoenix suburbs, but God knows they need a legitimate NFL team to root for.

burggold75

Reaction score
The Radish":rh44digf said:
I've had some interesting pleasant conversations with several of you about out 2 teams as you've been approved for member ship here.

I hope your interest in the game and pure football talk is given as well from our fans.

And thanks Shawn, I didn't realize your guys had planned to grab Russell Wilson for backup to RGIII. Sure glad for us that didn't happen. lol

:les:

Russell Wilson being from Richmond is close to home for many of us, so of course we are rooting for him to have success (and would love to have him).

However, grabbing Kirk Cousins as a backup was an amazing draft pick for us.

RichmondRedskin88

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3a8u589j said:
I'm assuming they meant Robert Griffin would be backing up the later drafted Russell Wilson.

Shanahan let it slip a few weeks ago they were planning to draft him to back up Griffin which would have been a great combination however from the start I thought Wilson was more of a starter. As I told Radish though when I told him about that little fact there were more than a few Redskin fans happy about us getting Kirk. However, every analyst made fun of the pick. Kirk made them all look stupid when he came in against the Ravens(RGIII had a leg injury) to finish the comeback that saved our season. Then he went for like 300 yards I believe the next week as a starter.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Chapman":16sb3mzu said:
I'm nominating Hawktawks post for the dumbest ever.

While I agree that the post itself is a little juvenile, the message itself is not.

Isn't this the 21st century? What are we doing allowing a racial slur to be used as a team name in the greatest sporting league in the world?! For the team that represents the capital city of the whole fricken country!?! Are you serious!?

While team names like Chiefs and Braves are bad enough at lest they're somewhat respectable terms (kind of like Vikings or Patriots) that depict native people in a noble manner. "Redskins" on the other hand is literally the equivalent of calling the team the Washington "Porch Monkies" the Washington "********" or the "DC Chinks". It's F'ing deplorable and DECADES overdue to be changed. People in DC should be petitioning the team and boycotting the merch to get them to change the name, but instead they hide behind the history of the team (a history that includes an original owner who was famous for his bigotry BTW - See Geroge Preston Marshall) and tradition (see that stupid ass fight song) as a reason to keep the name.

It's sad, pathetic and a very good reason to want to pound Washington into oblivion on Sunday.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
CANHawk":1m8yb810 said:
Chapman":1m8yb810 said:

While I agree that the post itself is a little juvenile, the message itself is not.

Isn't this the 21st century? What are we doing allowing a racial slur to be used as a team name in the greatest sporting league in the world?! For the team that represents the capital city of the whole fricken country!?! Are you serious!?

While team names like Chiefs and Braves are bad enough at lest they're somewhat respectable terms (kind of like Vikings or Patriots) that depict native people in a noble manner. "Redskins" on the other hand is literally the equivalent of calling the team the Washington "Porch Monkies" the Washington "********" or the "DC Chinks". It's F'ing deplorable and DECADES overdue to be changed. People in DC should be petitioning the team and boycotting the merch to get them to change the name, but instead they hide behind the history of the team (a history that includes an original owner who was famous for his bigotry BTW - See Geroge Preston Marshall) and tradition (see that stupid ass fight song) as a reason to keep the name.

It's sad, pathetic and a very good reason to want to pound Washington into oblivion on Sunday.
Of course it was juvenile. And Awesome.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Yep. I really hate washington because of their racially insensitive team name. It's unfortunate too because i LOVE their team colours. They look like Iron Man.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
CANHawk":2g6hfif4 said:
Chapman":2g6hfif4 said:

+1

Nice post CAN.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I've never had a problem with the name Redskins. But then i'm not native american so i cant really speak to that.. I'm also not very easily offended. If there were a team called the White Crackers I would think it was awesome.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
CANHawk":30flru22 said:

...and while we're at it, being Irish, I'm totally offended by Notre Dame's team name, implying that all Irish people like to do is drink and fight... and look like leprechauns... with red hair!!! however true those things are.... I'm totally offended... :roll:

SonicHawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1d7sguen said:
I've never had a problem with the name Redskins. But then i'm not native american so i cant really speak to that.. I'm also not very easily offended. If there were a team called the White Crackers I would think it was awesome.

Is White Crackers really an offensive term? You look like a dry snack!

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
CANHawk":16zymsvv said:

While team names like Chiefs and Braves are bad enough at lest they're somewhat respectable terms (kind of like Vikings or Patriots) that depict native people in a noble manner. "Redskins" on the other hand is literally the equivalent of calling the team the Washington "Porch Monkies" the Washington "********" or the "DC Chinks". It's F'ing deplorable and DECADES overdue to be changed. People in DC should be petitioning the team and boycotting the merch to get them to change the name, but instead they hide behind the history of the team (a history that includes an original owner who was famous for his bigotry BTW - See Geroge Preston Marshall) and tradition (see that stupid ass fight song) as a reason to keep the name. It's sad, pathetic and a very good reason to want to pound Washington into oblivion on Sunday.

Congratulations on winning the prize for the Most Politically Correct post of the day! I think I'm going to puke!

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I'm Irish and I'm not offended by Notre Dame. In fact, I see it as a token of respect.

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
CANHawk":8byw0zw5 said:
Yep. I really hate washington because of their racially insensitive team name. It's unfortunate too because i LOVE their team colours. They look like Iron Man.

I instinctively looked for the Like button on this. My son is an Iron Man fanatic.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
I'd be offended (once I got done laughing hysterically) if a team was named the white devils or the white skins