Shanahan comments on Carrol.

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: Shanahan comments on Carrol.
Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:07 pm
  • Don't need bulletin board material but whatever floats your boat. The game is almost here, thank goodness.

Some embarrassing things posted by both sides this week.

That's what is wrong with sports today. It has media folks (and fans) running back between teams/players going "Did you hear what he said about you? What do you think of that?". The game should be played on the field but many want to win it in the papers and in fan forums.

More drama in this stuff than the old day time soaps. I hope the loudest ones own up if whomever they were bragging on bites the dust. If you put your name to it, own it and no excuses when your pronouncements fall short.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:45 pm
  • SharkHawk wrote:
    HansGruber wrote:Wow. I guess I'll care about Shanahan's opinion when he wins something without Elway.

He couldn't even win with Elway. The big difference was Terrell Davis. They finally had a dominant runner, and Elway was able to win big games when he had somebody that could eat clock. Elway was just Dan Marino with a great runner behind him at the end.

Dont know if I agree with this. I dont think TD would have been nearly as succesful in another run blocking scheme. This scheme has produced something like:

1 2000 yard rusher
    6 1500 + yard rusher
    countless 1000 + yard rushers

TD was GREAT and I dont want to take anythingaway from him, but you could EASILY make the case that Shanahans run blocking scheme was a huge reason for his sucess as a runner in this league simply because after he left, Shanahan kept cranking out 1500 runners.
    rdskns4eva
    NET Rookie

Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:50 pm
  • I don't think we really need to create anymore to argue about around here.
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:51 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information