Santana Moss.......

Blitzer88

Reaction score
While in the slot, covered by Tru scares the daylights out of me. I mean we saw what Welker, Pats, and Bess, Phins, did to him in the slot and Moss is significantly faster than both of them and a favorite target of RGIII. Tru needs to play the game of his life when manned up on moss.

Foghawk

Reaction score
Ehh..........better have his head on a swivel, I'd be suprised if the LOB doesn't lay the hammer down / set the tone early. :thfight7:

HawksFan83

Reaction score
Remember what happend to Welker? ya he got his yards, but he sure as hell felt like he ran into a brick wall full speed.

Seeker

Reaction score
per brandon browner on NFL network. "yeah he [moss] was a little chippy [last game], so if he wants to get smacked around we got no problem smacking that dude around."

A

Anonymous

Anybody remember the job we did on Steve Smith in the NFC championship game?

I know we're working with a whole new set of variables here, but coverage similar to that on a key skill player can and will be achieved in this game.

Fear not, Gus has SM covered. :)

OP
OP
Blitzer88

Blitzer88

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":2anh7pyl said:
Anybody remember the job we did on Steve Smith in the NFC championship game?

I know we're working with a whole new set of variables here, but coverage similar to that on a key skill player can and will be achieved in this game.

Fear not, Gus has SM covered. :)

Well theres a difference between the Redskins Sunday and the Panthers in 2005. The Panthers only had Smith as a viable threat outside. The Redskins have Moss in the slot and than Garcon out-wide that we have to worry about.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Exactly, you can put Brandon Browner man on man in the slot as the nickel and he can chip Moss at the line just like Bentley did to Smith. You have Lane and Sherman out wide against their fast guys.

The slot receiver doesn't scare me. They seem to have it figured out. They give up yards, but not a lot of TD's. That's a good thing. If they want to burn the clock and let our offense put up 5 or 6 straight TD drives while they settle for field goal tries or punts, then fine with me.

Hawkfan509

Reaction score
Seeker":3iod4hcv said:
per brandon browner on NFL network. "yeah he [moss] was a little chippy [last game], so if he wants to get smacked around we got no problem smacking that dude around."

So the punk from Miami was,"A little chippy"? I am making my suprised face right now. Every player not named Cortez from that school is a punk. Might actually have to give a nod to Frank Gore as being a semi decent human from Miami even tho he is a Whiner now

hawker84

Reaction score
who say's trufant will be in the slot, lane is faster.... i think you'll see whoever is doing the better job... i hope anyways.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Pete has said Browner may even be in the slot. It makes sense. Lane and Maxwell have played extremely well for the last 4 weeks. Why mess with it? I think Browner could be very effective in the nickel, especially since Tru kept getting matched up with TE's. I'd love to see Browner matched up with a TE for a while. He'd probably pick off 2 or 3 before they'd make an adjustment knowing what a pig-headed coach Shannypants is.

legend38

Reaction score
I read somewhere that Tru is the 5th DB on the depth chart,so Im thinking Lane will be in the slot.

birdman5

Reaction score
I'm not sure Brandon would do as well without the sideline as the extra defender. Might be wrong.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Once again, it's up to our Linebackers to stay home in the middle of the field. If Moss makes his way into their area, they either better let him know it or direct him into the eyesight of our rhinoceros, I mean, Chancellor.

LuvMySkins

Reaction score
Seeker":15qfhl39 said:
lol. They got smacked around and took a L from a couple of WR who are no longer in the league last year (Armstrong & Gaffney). Cant wait until tomorrow.

Fight 4 Old DC

Reaction score
Foghawk":km81ljuk said:
Ehh..........better have his head on a swivel, I'd be suprised if the LOB doesn't lay the hammer down / set the tone early. :thfight7:

Actually Santana Moss has lost a couple steps on the deep balls ( that's why he's in the slot now ). He's still pretty quick though. Has a tendency to get the dropsies though.

hawksfanohio

Reaction score
Fight 4 Old DC":33jpjlzv said:
Foghawk":33jpjlzv said:

Actually Santana Moss has lost a couple steps on the deep balls ( that's why he's in the slot now ). He's still pretty quick though. Has a tendency to get the dropsies though.

You're right, he is still pretty quick. He is not the player he used to be but Seattle still should respect his quickness off the line.

Twisted

Reaction score
I think a few key hits from a couple certain safeties on a certain already wounded quarterback should tell the Redskins the Hawks mean business...

hits that would make even old number 45 proud, yup #45 the original "Hitman"

remember, don't stand on the tracks, if you don't wanna get hit by the TRAIN!

kennyeasley04.jpg