Trufant playing nickel

Hawken-Dazs

Reaction score
How nervous are you about Tru playing nickel this weekend?

Opposing QB's tend to have a high rating when throwing to their slot guy lined up against Trufant. What are some of the positives we can focus on in the meantime? He's a seasoned vet, I hear he turns his hips faster than our other corners, and he had a fairly exceptional game against Bradford last week including a pass defended in the end zone. Other than that, I see no other reason why RGIII shouldn't go after him.

I hope Pete knows what he's doing.

RiggoReincarnated

Reaction score
Hey guys, don't want to start a new thread just on this topic - but those of you that have been Seahawk fans awhile...would you say this is the best all-around defense you've had in the history of the franchise?

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I'm so nervous I'm shaking like Ryan Leaf did during his drug rehab stint in Nexus Treatment Center in Lewiston, MT.

sutz

Reaction score
Not really worried. Tru has been there. He'll be a stabilizing influence on the young 'uns. He'll be fine.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Trufant is an exceptional tackler and I suspect we will be focusing on shutting down Morris so it makes sense to have him in there. As the game progress's they may make changes or have a LB or safety slide in for help if needed.

VaporHawk

Reaction score
Last Week: Those crossing routes where he was trailing the guy by 4 or 5 steps but the Rams thankfully dropped the ball?

Hell yes I am nervous

Gonna need some of those Redskins to go ahead and drop the catch...mmkay?

chris98251

Reaction score
Tru has played pretty well, you asking a guy to make a split second decision on what way a WR is going and then blanket him. He has done ok, that and we keep guys in front of us a lot so there can be more space.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
He scares me a lot. He is fair in man but zone ... Look out.

nanomoz

Reaction score
No. 1992. #1 nfl defense by every metric despite having one of the worst offenses of all time.

hawker84

Reaction score
where's this info coming from... is this a for sure thing that trufant is the starting nickle? if so.... very nervous.

MadSweeney

Reaction score
nanomoz":74py6uoq said:
No. 1992. #1 nfl defense by every metric despite having one of the worst offenses of all time.
Cortez the King picking up DMVP for the league, despite Easley being voted DMVP by the team. Quality problem to have.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
The nice thing about having Browner back is that it gives us depth.
Tru will be out fast if he cannot defend.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I'm worried about Tru thats for sure. hopefully Pete and Co. can figure something out to help him out.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Getting kind of tired of people doubting Pete and flat disrespecting Trufant. There I said it. This is the same kind of whining horse shit being written about Wilson early on and I for one am no longer cool with it. Trufant is a battle tested, Pro bowl , warhorse who has, wait for it... "Playoff Experience" and a lot of guile! Take this sniveling doubt and leave it home, for tomorrow a new day dawns, a day of Seahawks reign! I got your back Tru! He will go out in style mark my words.