We already studied the redskins....

mikeak

Reaction score
Has anyone considered the fact that we (coaching staff) studied the redskins weeks ago. The reason was to get an offensive advantage but now I would say we should have a defensive advantage....

There are only so many hours in a day and having started earlier should help. What will be interesting is the offensive adjustments made simply from playing a team that is so familiar with the pistol an read options. It may be a homer opinion but I think our advantage will be RW delivering the deep ball. On the other hand I think redskins bubble screens are going to move the chains in several third downs and it will be annoying as heck.

Final thought - haven't seen the ladderal pass to a wideout in awhile and hope we don't see it again

Enjoy the game everyone go hawks

JKent82

Reaction score
mikeak":1rj84jja said:
Has anyone considered the fact that we (coaching staff) studied the redskins weeks ago. The reason was to get an offensive advantage but now I would say we should have a defensive advantage....

There are only so many hours in a day and having started earlier should help. What will be interesting is the offensive adjustments made simply from playing a team that is so familiar with the pistol an read options. It may be a homer opinion but I think our advantage will be RW delivering the deep ball. On the other hand I think redskins bubble screens are going to move the chains in several third downs and it will be annoying as heck.

Final thought - haven't seen the ladderal pass to a wideout in awhile and hope we don't see it again

The WR screen passes are something I've been somewhat expecting to reappear in the playoffs. It's like as soon as they actually started working we went away from them. I'm sure part of it is teams adjusting for it, but I don't know it might just play a big part tomorrow. Of course if we throw an actual lateral I'm gonna smack someone. Those were the worst. Just throw the damn ball forward.

One thing I know is we need to tackle better than in the Rams game. If we can limit YAC and contain Morris for the most part we'll be looking pretty good.

Go Hawks!

tooshort

Reaction score
mikeak":10knxgo9 said:

I swear I read everything else..but what you (un?)consciously posted there made my overly stimulated mind imagine a late game pick that was "ladderalled" from browner to sherm for the winning TD...

OP
OP
M

mikeak

Reaction score
Lol I see what you did there (the green color helped)

I was thinking about the ladderal screen thrown by RW in a few games. One led to six points the other way, one slowly rolled out of bounds with everyone standing around looking at it, one lead to a WR deep ball (Rice?) an I think one more decent positive yardage. I don't like the risk can live with it really close to the sidelines. Hate it where a drop will be a live ball