Bruce Irvin

pehawk

Reaction score
Is it just me or did he flat DOMINATE in the full-time Leo role?

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
He STILL needs to learn a Spin Move. But ya, he came alive when Clem went out.

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
He looked better and better as the game went on. Loved his effort fighting through not one, but two blockers to get to Griffin to notch that sack. Still has some learning to do, but I think he's a fine addition to the line.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
I thought he played great. But he was relatively fresh coming into the game in the fourth quarter. He has to do that over an entire game.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
The point of this post, that once Clemons went out, and Bruce moved into that Clemons role, he dominated. It may be non-leo role is different.

Fuzzman55

Reaction score
He really stepped up. Big props to him today coming into a big spot and getting it done.

seabowl

Reaction score
I loved that he made a few plays at the end but as with most of this year, I am in a wait and see on him.

BillHawks

Reaction score
He certainly seems to do better with his power rush than his speed rush. We don't have a big guy in the middle that gets pressure so when Bruce goes fast he usually gets behind the QB and forces him to step up. Unfortunately there's usually no one there to hit him.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Dude, for real, did I misspell?

It appears to me, with Clemons healthy, Irvin isn't strictly rushing the passer. Because, once he became the full-time pass-rusher, he killed it.

That's the point, you bunch of too pumped to read fools.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Was nice to see him just take over mad pressure he provided today give the man a gold star!

652cHAWK

Reaction score
pehawk":1111p4y1 said:
The point of this post, that once Clemons went out, and Bruce moved into that Clemons role, he dominated. It may be non-leo role is different.

I'm worried about Clemmons being out next week,....... though they played well without him, and especially Bruce seemed to shine. Really seeing that hybrid 4-3/3-4 PC talks about. Loved the pressure we put on Cousins with 5 min. to go.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Let me start by saying I haven't criticized him all year.

They actually ran at him the first few plays when Clemons was out with a lot of success, he's still not very strong at the POA.

He was awesome today though I don't think it proves he's ready for the LEO though. I just think it proves that he can rush on 1st and 2nd down too, usually he comes in for one play and then he's out. He got to play 3-4 plays in a row and was effective.

Latest posts