it seems few are giving us a chance on Sunday

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Can't say as i blame them. Atlanta looked decent for most of the year, won 13 games, are playing at home with a dynamic offense and are wanting to get a monkey off their backs having not won a playoff game under the current regime.

We, on the other hand, are coming in without our best pass rusher, a kicker who may or may not have a gimpy leg, a 10am road start on the east coast where we are historically pretty bad, a rookie (albeit amazing one) QB, mediocre receivers, a so-so O-line, little to no pass rush, etc. the odds are against us. We're not holding any cards here. Nothing. But in the words of the immortal Cool Hand Luke....

Sometimes nothing is a pretty cool hand.
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

• I've only heard analysts predicting a Seahawks win. Admittedly, the sample size is small, but Bill Simmons, Mike Lombardi, Cousin Sal, Herm Edwards and someone else whose name I can't recall all liked the Hawks.
    Hawkspur
    NET Veteran

• Hawkspur wrote:I've only heard analysts predicting a Seahawks win. Admittedly, the sample size is small, but Bill Simmons, Mike Lombardi, Cousin Sal, Herm Edwards and someone else whose name I can't recall all liked the Hawks.

Most of the early chatter I'm hearing is saying the Falcons will win it. Bill Simmons is sticking by his SB prediction, and well he should. Herm Edwards....alright, fair enough. Still, I'm just saying, this one will be an ACTUAL contest, rather than the embarrassment this past Sunday.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

• They only won 2 more games than us, with a much softer schedule. We're more battle tested.
    Jake Hawks
    NET Starter

• I'm gonna go out on a somewhat unpopular limb here and say that I am not a believer in the 'battle tested' argument. Nor do I subscribe to the 'momentum' school of thought. Each game is it's own entity, and it's won or lost on the field by the players either executing or not executing on the day. Doesn't matter what you did before that day, all that matters is how you play on the field. Now, as far as 'in-game momentum'? I'm not sure. It's like you have all the momentum until you don't, so then did you really have 'momentum'? I just don't buy it.

I'll tell you what I do buy though, and that's a Seahawks win on Sunday. It may not be pretty, we might not wake up until late in the 3rd, but we will WIN.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

• Wasn't there a poll up yesterday that suggested the US believes otherwise?
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• Sarlacc83 wrote:Wasn't there a poll up yesterday that suggested the US believes otherwise?

God damnit, Prelag....
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

• OP you make it sound like Atlanta is unbeatable and Seattle crawled their way into the playoffs.
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

• peachesenregalia wrote:
    Hawkspur wrote:I've only heard analysts predicting a Seahawks win. Admittedly, the sample size is small, but Bill Simmons, Mike Lombardi, Cousin Sal, Herm Edwards and someone else whose name I can't recall all liked the Hawks.

Most of the early chatter I'm hearing is saying the Falcons will win it. Bill Simmons is sticking by his SB prediction, and well he should. Herm Edwards....alright, fair enough. Still, I'm just saying, this one will be an ACTUAL contest, rather than the embarrassment this past Sunday.

Simmons and Lombardi were pretty certain that the Seahawks matched up better, their reasoning being that Atlanta's weaknesses are in areas where the Seahawks are very strong such as their lack of run defense (they listed a couple more but I can't remember what they were).

For me, I can't wait to see the matchups between our corners and their receivers/Gonzalez. I'm really looking forward to Sunday to see who comes out on top.
    Hawkspur
    NET Veteran

• His confidence is very high in this thread though. If you average the two, he's still positive on the team, I'll take that vibe

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=62785
    falcongoggles
    NET Veteran

• :2: Falcon fan here, you mean for once...the Falcons have someone picking them to win? :shock: :0190l:
    keepertd
    NET Practice Squad

• Seriously people, what stations do you watch and listen to? 80% of the analysts on ESPN and the NFL Network are picking the Hawks.

Enough already with playing the disrespect card, the Hawks have gotten more love this playoffs than every other year combined.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

• Sgt. Largent wrote:Seriously people, what stations do you watch and listen to? 80% of the analysts on ESPN and the NFL Network are picking the Hawks.

Enough already with playing the disrespect card, the Hawks have gotten more love this playoffs than every other year combined.

THIS. I can't believe how much love the national media and talking heads are giving us these past couple of weeks.
    Austin Hawk
    NET Veteran

• I'm not picking the Falcons. the point here was to say that even as the underdog, I think we'll win.

NONE of you got the Cool Hand Luke reference? I despair, I really do.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

• Sgt. Largent wrote:Seriously people, what stations do you watch and listen to? 80% of the analysts on ESPN and the NFL Network are picking the Hawks.

And that's what has me worried the most. The mediots never get it right and if they're overlooking the Falcons this week.......
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

• SalishHawkFan wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:Seriously people, what stations do you watch and listen to? 80% of the analysts on ESPN and the NFL Network are picking the Hawks.

And that's what has me worried the most. The mediots never get it right and if they're overlooking the Falcons this week.......

I got worried with all the love for the Hawks last week too, but we won. My low self esteem love of Seattle sports teams is not used to all the positive media attention. We're like beaten dogs up here, we're used to only negativity.......both with our teams, and the national media.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:08 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information