How many of you witnessed both playoff road victory's?

Renohawk

Reaction score
1983, sitting on the couch with three friends while the Hawks played Miami. We all said if the Hawks come back and win, we were going to drive to LA for the Championship game.

2013, finally got to see another road playoff win, whew, 30 yrs in the making.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
Ha! I, too, have witnessed both wins.

Was just a whipper snapper and just started to "seriously" watch football.

I remember my Dad jumping all over the place, watching our 3 channel console TV.

HawksFan83

Reaction score
1983, fresh from the womb, I was there in some sort of way haha

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I did but I honestly don't remember the details, only the replays we all see. I was a wee lad and the idea of girls suddenly made me feel tingly. Needless to say my attention was focused elsewhere.

Greenhell

Reaction score
I saw them both too! It was a childhood friend who turned me on to the Hawks and it was that game that hooked me.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
More than those TDs they showed on that quick highlight during the game, I remember a long Kreig to Largent completion setting up the go ahead TD. Didnt Miami fumble the kickoff after to seal it?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I was 27 at the time and watched it with a guy who is my best buddy 29 years later. At that time we had only known each other about 3 or 4 months. When they showed the highlights from that game today I texted him and asked him "what were you and I doing during that game?" and he said: "hanging over but celebrating a helluva win". He was right on both accounts. Of course in those days getting over a night of too much indulgance was a fairly quick process.

HawkRiderFan":39uadcv4 said:
More than those TDs they showed on that quick highlight during the game, I remember a long Kreig to Largent completion setting up the go ahead TD. Didnt Miami fumble the kickoff after to seal it?
I remember the long completion to Largent but not the fumbled kickoff. But like I said above, the day is a bit fuzzy...... :D

SharkHawk

Reaction score
I watched both. I still have my original video tape of the 83 game against the Phins. I need to convert that to DVD before it wears out!

It was awesome. My parents loaded us into the car and we spent New Year's Eve at the airport welcoming the hawks home. I remember my brother giving Reggie McKenzie a five at Sea-Tac. It was one of the most awesome days of my life. Great times great times. I loved it and will never forget either game.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
I am much, much younger, and much, much better looking, than Todd but I have about the same recollection as him.

5280Hawk

Reaction score
I sure did, it was on at my house and I became a Seahawks fan at 8 years old. 30 years lateral I'm still here. Hell yeah!

OP
OP
R

Renohawk

Reaction score
At the time, it was epic win, beating the mighty Dan Marino and the great WR's Mark Clayton and Mark Duper, and the killer B's defense. Seattle did in the 4th quarter recover two fumbles in back to back kickoffs and scored 10 pts in a 22 second span, amazing.

madbohem

Reaction score
In 1983 I was 12 and at a church function huddled around a boombox listening to the game. We, all of us huddled around the radio, got a little talking to about that ... but it was such a half hearted scolding because everybody wanted to know the score.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Tech Worlds":av61gz3l said:
I am much, much younger, and much, much better looking, than Todd but I have about the same recollection as him.

You shut your whore mouth.

warden

Reaction score
I have witnessed both games. I was in my twenties in 1983

SharkHawk

Reaction score
I remember jumping up and running around the room like a madman when Curt Warner scooted in to the endzone around the right side. That game was a battle. It was rattling my nerves like crazy and I was only ten years old. I didn't even sit down. I literally paced back and forth in our family room and watched the game. It was brutal. But the end result was pure awesomeness.

ivotuk

Reaction score
That was a great game. I always thought it was so cool that our QB was from "Tiny Milton college." How in the hell did the Seahawks find him?

Dirtball

Reaction score
CRAP i was 27..... guess that makes me an old fart huh? But a fricking extatic old fart.