POLL: On a scale of 1-5, how bad's Clem injury affect us?

How much of an impact will the Clem injury have on our chances of winning the Super Bowl this year?

• 5 - No way in hell we win the Super Bowl now

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • 4 - Extremely unlikely at this point now

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • 3 - Really, really hurts our odds, but there's a slim chance.

Votes: 24 27.0%
  • 2 - Hurts, but not too badly, we still have a great shot

Votes: 57 64.0%
  • 1 - Not worried at all, next man up and it doesn't affect our chances at all.

Votes: 4 4.5%

• Total voters

Fox0r

Reaction score
On a scale of 1-5. How bad does the injury affect our Super Bowl chances this year?

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
I think that, unless the defensive line steps up or we start to blitz more, we will have problems taking on teams like Atlanta, Green Bay, Denver and New England. It will be interesting to see how our coaching staff adapts this late in the game.

twelfman

Reaction score
I'm actually leaning right between one and two with how admirable our depth has played I betcha we keep cruisin regardless clem was great against the run though

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Really need the other D-line starters to step up and compensate, also including the offense. Jump ahead by a few scores and then the game gets easier to win.

White Devil

Reaction score
Of course it hurts, but this team doesn't give up. Those days are over, and the fanbase needs to understand this team doesn't fall into the same traps that old S.O.S. teams have fallen prey to in the past.

It doesn't matter the location of the game.

It doesn't matter what time the game is played.

It doesn't matter what color jersey they wear.

It doesn't matter what the score is after the 1st quarter.

It doesn't matter if a man goes down in a game. The responsibility falls on the next man in line to do his best, while the others on the field elevate their game to help fill the void.

That, is how Champions play the game. You meet the challenge head on and compete. You overcome.

That is the mentality that Pete is instilling in this team, and the fans as well.

I'm In

OP
OP
Fox0r

Fox0r

Reaction score
White Devil":ovlnyouv said:
Of course it hurts, but this team doesn't give up. Those days are over, and the fanbase needs to understand this team doesn't fall into the same traps that old S.O.S. teams have fallen prey to in the past.

It doesn't matter the location of the game.

It doesn't matter what time the game is played.

It doesn't matter what color jersey they wear.

It doesn't matter what the score is after the 1st quarter.

It doesn't matter if a man goes down in a game. The responsibility falls on the next man in line to do his best, while the others on the field elevate their game to help fill the void.

That, is how Champions play the game. You meet the challenge head on and compete. You overcome.

That is the mentality that Pete is instilling in this team, and the fans as well.

I'm In

Amen, Ace Ventura, Pet Dick.

Rainger

Reaction score
Other than RW I dont think the loss of any ONE player on the team "hurts" this team. To many schemes too many other good players that are just waiting for their turn.

ceej22

Reaction score
Clemons is good but he doesn't make that defense. If they were known for their pass rush and if he had close to 20 sacks and was the generally the only one getting pressure on the QB then I would feel differently. At this point I feel that losing Lynch, Sherman, or Wilson are the only ones that would significantly hurt our chances.

WSUhawk4life

Reaction score
I voted 2
Just seeing Irvin get so much pressure when Clemons went down was amazing. Idk what it is but when they both are on the field Bruce doesn't seem as effective. Although , That was against a gun shy Qb most likely.

If Bruce can help out and not screw up the run defense it won't hurt us to bad I hope.

Shock2k

Reaction score
We are going to see how the next man up philosophy works now. It's been pretty good this year.

acbass

Reaction score
Well, Bruce is going to have to step it up for sure. Maybe if he can get into the groove of a game by playing more snaps it won't be a huge drop off. I have this feeling Bruce just needs to play. The more he is out there the better he is gets as the game goes on. I never liked being pulled out every other play. I don't know, just my opinion. Clem is a great player, but I think we can get around it.