Irvin to start at Leo officially

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
Well - having a first round talent step in at the poition he was groomed for may not be a bad thing. Let's see if he can step up.

However, this does limit our ability to put our best pass rushing 4 up.

Hawken-Dazs

Reaction score
I'm excited. Let's see what the kid's got.

I wonder... had he been an every-down back (on passing plays), would his stats increase three-fold?

razgriz737

Reaction score
Earlier Bruce tweeted this:
"If Clem is out I think he has [done] enough these past 20 weeks of getting me ready for situations like this. I will b fine people!"

Hope Clem is a good mentor!

DHawkette

Reaction score
I don't worry about Irvin's ability to pass rush. I worry about his ability to stay disciplined and play the rush attack that Atlanta can dish out. Bring it Bruce! BRING IT!

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
DHawkette":2oa5ifg7 said:
I don't worry about Irvin's ability to pass rush. I worry about his ability to stay disciplined and play the rush attack that Atlanta can dish out. Bring it Bruce! BRING IT!

Uhm, the falcons have the 29th ranked rushing offense.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Bruce needs to have a very good game for us on Sunday if we want to win in Atlanta.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Bruce is not built to be an every down DE. The Falcons may find they indeed DO have a running game - when every play comes right at Irvin.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":3acq89xm said:
Bruce is not built to be an every down DE. The Falcons may find they indeed DO have a running game - when every play comes right at Irvin.

He weighs something like ten pounds less than Clemmons, if that. If he knows how to anchor then he should be fine.

Jville

Reaction score
Chris Clemons loss is huge.

The loss of Clemons is having a ripple effect on the defense ...... in fact, we saw a preview of what will be after Clemons went down in the Redskins game. Scruggs and Wright became more active pass rushers.

“Bruce Irvin will step up and take a bunch of those snaps,” said Carroll, adding that rookie Greg Scruggs also will be involved in the rotation and possibly strongside linebackers K.J. Wright and Mike Morgan.
http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/a ... 2cfc3c622a

hawksfan515

Reaction score
I'm oddly excited. This is almost like when Trufant went down.... Next man up was Sherman.

Have some faith in our FO guys, they picked up this guy cause he was damn special. I hate to have expectations for unknown products like this (first start), but I think he's gonna do well. Just a thought.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Jville":10tm3czk said:

The loss of Clemons is having a ripple effect on the defense ...... in fact, we saw a preview of what will be after Clemons went down in the Redskins game. Scruggs and Wright became more active pass rushers.

“Bruce Irvin will step up and take a bunch of those snaps,” said Carroll, adding that rookie Greg Scruggs also will be involved in the rotation and possibly strongside linebackers K.J. Wright and Mike Morgan.

I like to hear it. Not Clemmons injury of course, but some creativity in pressure packages. I am intrigued to say the least with the idea of Scruggs at LDE.

WSUhawk4life

Reaction score
Wont it just be a nice time for him to prove him self to those pundits and the national audience with a couple sacks. I am excited for sure.
Bet we will see some chipping from Gonzalez.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":1d39472s said:
Bruce is not built to be an every down DE.
Source for such an outrageous statement?

In Pete's system, he is.

Irvin is the same height as Clem but is listed at weighing only 6 lbs. less. (Clem is listed at 254. Bruce is listed at 248.)

Source... ESPN player details

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":24z4gyg2 said:
SalishHawkFan":24z4gyg2 said:

In Pete's system, he is.

Irvin is the same height as Clem but is listed at weighing only 6 lbs. less. (Clem is listed at 254. Bruce is listed at 248.)

Facts won't soak up tears of misguided worry bro.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":c1in45pe said:
SalishHawkFan":c1in45pe said:

In Pete's system, he is.

Well I stand corrected. By my lying eyes he looks much skinnier than Clemons or anyone else out there. I would have guessed he was about 20 lbs lighter than Clemons just from looking at him.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":1oo6j0fi said:
SalishHawkFan":1oo6j0fi said:

In Pete's system, he is.

And (no offense to Clem, he has honed his technique to work well out there) Irvin is a physical freak. He'll manage, IMO.

Jville

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":3iaye1pm said:
Jville":3iaye1pm said:

I like to hear it. Not Clemmons injury of course, but some creativity in pressure packages. I am intrigued to say the least with the idea of Scruggs at LDE.

I'm thinking the one (Clemons) injury will alter the roles of at least 3 players. That's a big impact.

Latest posts