it seems few are giving us a chance on Sunday

Hawkspur

Reaction score
I've only heard analysts predicting a Seahawks win. Admittedly, the sample size is small, but Bill Simmons, Mike Lombardi, Cousin Sal, Herm Edwards and someone else whose name I can't recall all liked the Hawks.

Jake Hawks

Reaction score
They only won 2 more games than us, with a much softer schedule. We're more battle tested.

Steve2222

Reaction score
OP you make it sound like Atlanta is unbeatable and Seattle crawled their way into the playoffs.

OP
OP
Hawkspur

Hawkspur

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":11kdvpa6 said:
Hawkspur":11kdvpa6 said:
I've only heard analysts predicting a Seahawks win. Admittedly, the sample size is small, but Bill Simmons, Mike Lombardi, Cousin Sal, Herm Edwards and someone else whose name I can't recall all liked the Hawks.

Most of the early chatter I'm hearing is saying the Falcons will win it. Bill Simmons is sticking by his SB prediction, and well he should. Herm Edwards....alright, fair enough. Still, I'm just saying, this one will be an ACTUAL contest, rather than the embarrassment this past Sunday.

Simmons and Lombardi were pretty certain that the Seahawks matched up better, their reasoning being that Atlanta's weaknesses are in areas where the Seahawks are very strong such as their lack of run defense (they listed a couple more but I can't remember what they were).

For me, I can't wait to see the matchups between our corners and their receivers/Gonzalez. I'm really looking forward to Sunday to see who comes out on top.

keepertd

Reaction score
:2: Falcon fan here, you mean for once...the Falcons have someone picking them to win? :shock: :0190l:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seriously people, what stations do you watch and listen to? 80% of the analysts on ESPN and the NFL Network are picking the Hawks.

Enough already with playing the disrespect card, the Hawks have gotten more love this playoffs than every other year combined.

Austin Hawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2bhsdve9 said:
Seriously people, what stations do you watch and listen to? 80% of the analysts on ESPN and the NFL Network are picking the Hawks.

Enough already with playing the disrespect card, the Hawks have gotten more love this playoffs than every other year combined.

THIS. I can't believe how much love the national media and talking heads are giving us these past couple of weeks.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1rtni1fa said:

And that's what has me worried the most. The mediots never get it right and if they're overlooking the Falcons this week.......

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":1oxtl9hf said:
Sgt. Largent":1oxtl9hf said:

And that's what has me worried the most. The mediots never get it right and if they're overlooking the Falcons this week.......

I got worried with all the love for the Hawks last week too, but we won. My low self esteem love of Seattle sports teams is not used to all the positive media attention. We're like beaten dogs up here, we're used to only negativity.......both with our teams, and the national media.