Both coordinators interviewing today...?

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Do you agree with Rich Gannon that this is a distraction?

Rich Gannon ‏@RichGannon12
Really don't like SEA coordinators interviewing for HC jobs the day before playoff game. Total distraction & bad idea.Players can't be happy

The game plan is built. I'm not sure what the "distraction" is, although I concede it's not ideal.

joe in Sea

Reaction score
There meeting them in ATL plus ATL guys had interviews earlier this week as well

drdiags

Reaction score
Players have to suck it up. How can they begrudge these two their chances? As a former player, Gannon knows how things are expected to be but I disagree looking from the outside.

Shadyhawk182

Reaction score
i dont think it will affect anything. Unless the players who have strong connection with certain coaches get worried about losing them and it lingers on their mind becoming a distraction, which i seriously doubt would happen. But thats the most i can think of for it. But i do think teams shouldnt be allowed to interview other teams staff until their season is over.

OP
OP
FlyingGreg

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Maybe that's what happened the day before the Raiders got steamrolled in the Super Bowl vs Tampa Bay, and Gannon is sensitive about it?

Seems much ado about nothing.

lukerguy

Reaction score
I Still don't like it, but that's how pete gets his guys. He tells them they will always get a shot to head coach under him and he wants to present them with the best opportunities.

nwgamer

Reaction score
I believe I read somewhere that they need to interview now before the game because if we win we cannot be interviewed again until quite some time later.... also it was reported today that Russell likes Bevell and credits him for some of his development.. etc

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I personally think it's ridiculous that the NFL allows this. Why on earth can't these teams wait until we are done with the playoffs? I always thought that was the rule any ways?

I just don't see the logic in it at all.

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
its just bad tact.....its ok for NON head coaches to interview during the post season.. My gut tells me they are just padding their financial payouts for next year from Mr. Allen.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Aros":jzyahklx said:
I personally think it's ridiculous that the NFL allows this. Why on earth can't these teams wait until we are done with the playoffs? I always thought that was the rule any ways?

Aros - The logic is... the regional combines and THE combine are just a few short weeks after the Superbowl.

If all of the available coaching jobs could not be filled until after the playoffs are complete, there would be absolutely no time for teams to prepare for the Combine. All teams affected by HC, DC and OC changes would be at a HUGE disadvantage.

That's the logic.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Gotta say, that I am not a fan of this either. Yes they may have the gameplan and other pieces of the plan in place, but there is always something than players and coaches can be going over and studying.

hawker84

Reaction score
i agree with Aros.... this is our season on the line, and a legit chance at a run at a championship... there should be zero distractions leading up to the game... i don't care if the game plan is set or not... these coaches should be eating/sleeping game plan at this point... ultimately it's the players that have to execute out on the field, but the coaches have got to have the head 100% in the game plan...... i don't like it, and i think it should not be allowed..... summer camp is months away, they can't wait a few more weeks, or at however long they're still playing... BS

chris98251

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":1h7essmm said:
Aros":1h7essmm said:

Aros - The logic is... the regional combines and THE combine are just a few short weeks after the Superbowl.

If all of the available coaching jobs could not be filled until after the playoffs are complete, there would be absolutely no time for teams to prepare for the Combine. All teams affected by HC, DC and OC changes would be at a HUGE disadvantage.

That's the logic.

Very simple answer to this, don't screw up when you hire guys in the first place or if your unhappy fire them before the play offs. Teams will adjust I am sure.

Sturm

Reaction score
Total bullsh*t. Goodell is always looking to change something about the game, and yet he hasn't fixed this problem. How can this not be a distraction before a game?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I think both coordinators are the weak link on this team, this is much ado about nothing IMO and if they leave next year its addition by subtraction.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
10 am game, 2 trips to the East, head coaches being interviewed. Just win so we don't have to hear about this stuff. If we lose, this will be brought up as factors that took edges off our team and make them duller and less concentrated.

Shock2k

Reaction score
Total garbage. The last thing a playoff needs is both oc's interviewing. Problem is an oc can be fired during the season so why can't theyinterview.