I can't watch football anymore. I love the Seahawks. But....

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Dude, I'm upset too because of how we lost, but even if they won I still have to do laundry tonight and get up to go to work in the morning. Guess what I have to do if they would have won the super bowl? Laundry and work. It's entertainment, they don't impact the real life me in any way. And they sure as hell don't care if you have a bad day the way that you care when they do.
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

• Get a DVR. I have to watch most regular season games through the NFL gamepass internet feed, so I often start watching 40 minutes late so I can watch without TV ads. It also means that I can take a break for a few minutes.

I knew 31 seconds was too long. I watched the 2 completed passes. I then paused and put the kettle on, had a piss and mentally prepared for the loss. It's the difference between being punched in the stomach when you have tensed for it or when you are not expecting it.

I watch all soccer matches of the Scottish national team this way. You can't get too excited about it, because it has already happened.

Keep the faith. Plus, it's a game.
    Machine-wrapped, with butter?

Yes, machine-wrapped, WITH BUTTER
    cdallan
    NET Veteran

• do like me and take your kid out to act like an animal towards OTHERS
    bryantology79
    NET Starter

• I did all those things talked about here and worse. But that was when I was in my early 20s or younger.

Know what???? I grew up. Realized sports are not the driving thing in this world, its merely a game.

I am no longer an NFL fan but just a Seahawks fan. I enjoy hockey but would never let it affect my life and my kids life.

I've seen more sports and especially football than most of you. Saw UCLA win 50 in a row and crap like that. Then realized I had more important stuff to do, like live.

:les:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• AbsolutNET wrote:Dude, I'm upset too because of how we lost, but even if they won I still have to do laundry tonight and get up to go to work in the morning. Guess what I have to do if they would have won the super bowl? Laundry and work. It's entertainment, they don't impact the real life me in any way. And they sure as hell don't care if you have a bad day the way that you care when they do.

:13:
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran

• Shark as humiliating as it feels to show that kind of emotion over a game, being a great father can also mean owning up to your own mistakes, teaching from your errors can be done as well. Quitting something you love versus working as a family to manage a situation together can also be done.

Take it from someone that has screwed up enough times to have a understanding of this. My kids are now grown but some of the hardest lessons taught were at times I screwed up and had to own up to not being perfect :)

I have yet to see a book wrote on how to be a parent that was done by anyone that had any credibility or kids for that matter.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• you mad bro? It's just a game. Someone has to lose. Sadly it had to be us
    sig by Ramster
    The Battle #83
    NET Starter

• Have a conversation with your kids and love on them. We can teach them through our failures as well as our successes. Saying, "I'm sorry, I was wrong," is something some children never hear from a parent. Peace to you.
    Wallingford
    NET Bench Warmer

• I was so mad I vacuumed the floor.
    The new Santa Clara stadium name?..........Dungaree Dump
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• The Battle #83 wrote:It's just a game.

^This is the key right here, I think.
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

razgriz737
    NET Veteran

• Largent80 wrote:I was so mad I vacuumed the floor.

I thought you were going to say you pee'd on the rug that held the whole room together.
    falcongoggles
    NET Veteran

• razgriz737 wrote:
    The Battle #83 wrote:It's just a game.

I've never found that a meaningful statement.
    Wallingford
    NET Bench Warmer

That sucks!

...bada-boom
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

Nothing like rage vacuuming.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

• Lets not shit on Shark and act all holier than thou. Give the man some time and respect his decision.
    NJSeaHawk
    NET Veteran

• NJSeaHawk wrote:Lets not shit on Shark and act all holier than thou. Give the man some time and respect his decision.

Just letting him know he isn't the first to do this. It doesn't indicate a personality disorder.
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

• GeekHawk wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:I was so mad I vacuumed the floor.

That sucks!

...bada-boom

Besides its carrying things entire to far.
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• NJSeaHawk wrote:Lets not shit on Shark and act all holier than thou. Give the man some time and respect his decision.

Nobody's shitting on him...

razgriz737
    NET Veteran

• Wallingford wrote:
    razgriz737 wrote:
    The Battle #83 wrote:It's just a game.

I've never found that a meaningful statement.

I can understand why some people don't, but for me, it helps put things in perspective.

razgriz737
    NET Veteran

• The Battle #83 wrote:you mad bro? It's just a game. Someone has to lose. Sadly it had to be us

Way to kick a man when he is down <slow claps>
    falcongoggles
    NET Veteran

• I think what did it for me was when i feel the rage pumpin through my veins, I realize that the outcome of the game is completely out of my control. It sucks to think about but it's true, all we really do is sit back and enjoy and watch.
    Pstark3
    NET Veteran

• Hey Jon,

I'm behind your decision 100%. It's a game and it's entertainment and though I am as rabid as anyone I've ever known, I have always been fortunate enough to be able to seperate the Seahawks from the rest of my life in a healthy fashion. I wish you were able to do so as well because I have always greatly enjoyed reading your posts and looking at things from your perspective. It has indeed been a pretty rough 37 seasons as a Hawks fan though in some ways that has helped with days like this as sadly a part of me expects a day like today from my team. But hope springs eternal and I have much for next year. Anyway, I wish you the best if you do give up the Seahawks and sincerely hope your financial and personal lives improve. Your 'niceness' comes through in your writing and thus you deserve a turnaround man.

Perhaps in the future you'll be able to seperate the Seahawks from 'real life' and can return. I for one am hoping that day comes.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

ImageImage

Proud member of the 38 club
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• Cool to see Riggo still here. Great surmise of what we will all be feeling this week. Like Falcongoggles said we have forgiveness. No one living on Earth today is perfect so we all need to learn to forgive and part of that is forgiving ourselves. We also need to learn from it. I didn't check my BP but mine was high too. Like many of us I've been a diehard all my life which has been for the whole Hawks existence. A part of learning from it is knowing what you can handle. Taking time off and walking away may be the best thing for you and if so do it and feel good about it. Me it really helps to have all of you here knowing you, Riggo, Falcons fans next week :) and all our Hawks pals are feeling the same thing as me.

One suggestion. Get your family and go out and do some service together. To help me cope with football stress I try and do this with my family to help me remember what's most important in life and create great memories with my family that will last a lot longer and be more meaningful than a Hawk win or loss. Make treats and drop them off at a needy families house, whatever it may help.

We all screw up big time now and then. Chin up and good luck.
    Timberhawk
    NET Rookie

• i respect his decision, but not his actions. Some people just need to chill out so his decision will help him chill out
    sig by Ramster
    The Battle #83
    NET Starter

• Apparently I'm just an attention whore. I really don't love my kids, nor do I really suggest others learn a lesson from my mistakes. It's all about attention whoring. I guess it helps when I read this stuff and see that this site still has some real insufferable buttwipes. It makes the losing not so bad, because I know their day is ruined too.
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

• nevermind let him have his thread
    Last edited by The Battle #83 on Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    sig by Ramster
    The Battle #83
    NET Starter

• That was an over the line comment and I don't care if it's gone or not, that was bad.

You are a treasure for this website, but your life is way, way, way more important than football. The remote throwing happens, the elevated heart rate when combined with your other physical issues is what makes me think you should walk away if it's that bad. I know this team means a lot to you, but after living for four years in Utah and seeing how tight families are there, I know it also means more to you to have a dad around for the long-term.
    falcongoggles
    NET Veteran

• SharkHawk wrote:Apparently I'm just an attention whore. I really don't love my kids, nor do I really suggest others learn a lesson from my mistakes. It's all about attention whoring. I guess it helps when I read this stuff and see that this site still has some real insufferable buttwipes. It makes the losing not so bad, because I know their day is ruined too.

The key part of this post is "some real insufferable buttwipes" man. Don't let them get you down and do see that most of us are offering truly heartfelt responses and support.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

ImageImage

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• The Battle #83 wrote:
    SharkHawk wrote:Apparently I'm just an attention whore. I really don't love my kids, nor do I really suggest others learn a lesson from my mistakes. It's all about attention whoring. I guess it helps when I read this stuff and see that this site still has some real insufferable buttwipes. It makes the losing not so bad, because I know their day is ruined too.

Sadly my day is still better than your kids' day.

If I was a mod I would consider this not only a personnel attack but one on family also and you would be shown the door or be on vacation.

This is the type of poster that has as much class as a 2 bit hooker with a bunch of herpes sores on her face.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• chris98251 wrote:
    The Battle #83 wrote:
    SharkHawk wrote:Apparently I'm just an attention whore. I really don't love my kids, nor do I really suggest others learn a lesson from my mistakes. It's all about attention whoring. I guess it helps when I read this stuff and see that this site still has some real insufferable buttwipes. It makes the losing not so bad, because I know their day is ruined too.

Sadly my day is still better than your kids' day.

If I was a mod I would consider this not only a personnel attack but one on family also and you would be shown the door or be on vacation.

This is the type of poster that has as much class as a 2 bit hooker with a bunch of herpes sores on her face.

Done.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• One down, one to go. WTF-over on MLOHawks comment? That was a below the belt shot followed by biting part of an ear off.
    falcongoggles
    NET Veteran

• falcongoggles wrote:One down, one to go. WTF-over on MLOHawks comment? That was a below the belt shot followed by biting part of an ear off.

His post and my response were deleted. Has he been? He should have IMO.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

ImageImage

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
    falcongoggles wrote:One down, one to go. WTF-over on MLOHawks comment? That was a below the belt shot followed by biting part of an ear off.

Its taken care of.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• JSeahawks wrote:
    hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
    falcongoggles wrote:One down, one to go. WTF-over on MLOHawks comment? That was a below the belt shot followed by biting part of an ear off.

Its taken care of.

:th2thumbs:
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

ImageImage

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• Nothing to be upset about.

We had a hell of a year.

We have a QB that has proven he IS a money player, putting the team on his back when his RB could barely get him 2 yards in a carry. He was accurate and dangerous, throwing smart passes against a fast defense in the waning moments of a game and he brought us back to take the lead!

The Seahawks showed themselves to be a team that can come back from the brink and never quits. A LOT of teams would have folded at the half, even in the playoffs. This defense kept playing and kept us in it, and this offense kept battling back to finally take the lead.

To be honest, it was a hell of a football game. And Seattle showed itself to be a great team. Nothing to be ashamed about in losing that game. Yes, some bone-headed defensive calls at the end, but the Falcons are a team with a good experienced QB throwing the ball up with almost no pressure, to a group of near All-Pro receivers. Some of those guys are going to catch the ball sometimes. It was just a bad time for us, good time for them.

We have nothing to hang our heads about. Our team is young, strong and frankly would have won with Clemons in. We lost a game that could have gone either way in the final seconds. That is just great football, not a bad team.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

• bellingerga wrote:get some anger management counseling, and I dont mean this as a shot. It will help you find ways to deal with getting that pissed off, and of course remember it's just a game.

Would hate to lose a fellow seahawk fan, but if you do not comeback, good luck in life and take care.

Just take a nice long break from it though, thats for sure.

This^....and Bellingerga is giving you the best gift you could hope for...if you consider his advice. I live in an area and work in a field that is prone to fights (very much so). I was on my 4th assault charge and facing jail when my attorney advised me to enroll in an alternative to violence class. I actually enjoy fighting so signed up only so the judge might give me a break. Little did I know that once I accepted the fact I wasn't living right, the class likely saved my life.

I was in a situation with a former adversary recently where he called me out. I'd beat this guy in the ring and on the street before and knew I would emerge victorious....but then a little light went off in my head and I walked away. I was concerned how I would feel the next morning. I woke up, considered the nite before...and felt awesome. Later I learned the guy had a razor and planned on using it.

Buddah teaches that once you engage, you've already lost the fight. Go see someone dude. Not just for your kids but for yourself as well. You'll become whole, you'll love yourself again and I wish you luck.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

• I've always wanted to know what is on top of the shark in the picture? Is it a laser or a luggage rack, or maybe something else? Always have been curious.
    BoatsAndHose
    NET Practice Squad

• JSeahawks wrote:
    hawksfansinceday1 wrote:

Its taken care of.

JSeahawk, you're an alright guy.

For a Duck. :P
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• I had something similar happen to me last year when the Falcons lost to the Giants. My wife, a lifelong Falcon fan, started flying off the handle. She was throwing cd cases at me. She threw our kids toys at the wall, she broke a window. Granted, the window was an accident, but the kids were crying all the same. Now, my kids are doing the same damn thing. They watch the games with me, but I don't think they are paying attention. They are just waiting for an excuse to break shit, just like their mother. Anyhow, I hope this helps.
    ThrowItToJulio
    NET Bench Warmer

• Sorry I caused trouble guys. I never in all my years have done anything I felt was an attempt at drawing attention to myself. I didn't ever try to use this place as a spot to show of my writing to get other jobs, I haven't been mean to folks, I've tried to offer insight on the players like Turbin, Wagner, and McQuistan who have come out of the intermountain region. I just tried to be a good board member and treat others with respect (and some playful fake arguing back and forth).

This post was put up for 3 reasons.

1- As an apology to my family so they'd see I was serious.

2- As a warning to others about what can happen if you let this stuff consume you.

3- Just as a confession to you all that I felt badly about what I had done and hope none of you ever do the same, because you can't take stuff like that back.

If that makes me an "attention whore" then so be it. I've not done anything like this before. I am filled with remorse, and I need to let my son specifically know that I'm his fan way more than any football team. He needs that. I need that. I hoped that if anybody could take something positive away from that, then it was worth baring my soul and my real name and just putting it out there. Anonymity... gone. My "dirty little secret"? Gone. My need to watch a team that causes friction and now some really scary reaction that I had little control over? Has to stop. That's all.

As I said... I have many great friends here and hope to keep it that way. I just can't watch Seahawks games anymore. They make me something I never wanted to be. No alcohol involved. Just my inability to cope, and I think it's because I've fallen off the rails in my life in all that I've lost and messed up on. This is just another step and something I've got to make right. I don't feel I was seeking attention when I congratulated all of you on what you have done, in fact I felt guilty that I couldn't be the guy many of you are, and at my age, it's just childish that I can't be.

Do you really, honestly think that I'd want to draw attention to my complete lack of maturity, my family falling apart, and my need to stop this obsession with a team? It's embarrassing. I did it as a warning to others to not make the mistakes I did. I wouldn't shell out my personal info and stuff if I were looking for attention. I'd go write an article for Bleacher Report or Yahoo Sports. Those are things I've never done. I've stayed here. I've done my best to be a helpful member, and I've met many good friends along the way. This message was for them. I don't want them harming their relationships with their family... especially the young guys I've met here that are still not married or don't have kids. I don't want them falling into this trap I have where the results create the environment in a home. It's not worth it.

Keep your attention. I don't want it. If it's better.... delete all of my posts, ban me, delete my account. I'm fine with that. I don't want to create issues here. This place is too good with too many truly great guys. I care about them all, and don't want them to turn out like me. I've tried so hard for two years to regain who I am and resume my life.

I was told as things continued to spiral down worse that "God will never give you more than you can handle." Well... I disagree. He has. I've snapped. I have gone over the edge in many many ways. Football was a place for me to find some happiness, but only when the Hawks one. I let the results that didn't go in our favor drag me into a darker place. Now I haven't been able to heal, haven't been able to get a teaching job which I feel I desperately need, and I haven't been able to support my family. Things are falling apart. I guess that makes me a whore in some eyes. I hope in others, it simply makes me a cautionary tale. That's all. Simple as that. Don't fall into the trap Jon did. Your families and loved ones deserve better.
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

• Also, I too went through a softball addiction. I just couldn't get enough. I sold my kid's Playstation so I could I could shave the barrel of my bat down, to get that extra little bit I needed to hit some home runs. I would act like I was going to work, only to go to the ballfield all day, practicing defense by myself. I would field imaginary balls, running over different scenarios in my head. I would throw imaginary runners out and scream at the foolish imaginary umpires. I would come home with my legs scratched up (I play softball in jean shorts) with nothing to show for myself. Sure, we won the regional championship, but we never made it out of the state. Eventually, I blew through our savings and had to sell my bat. It was total bullshit, but family is all about sacrifice. It gets better.
    ThrowItToJulio
    NET Bench Warmer

• HawkWow wrote:
    bellingerga wrote:get some anger management counseling, and I dont mean this as a shot. It will help you find ways to deal with getting that pissed off, and of course remember it's just a game.

Would hate to lose a fellow seahawk fan, but if you do not comeback, good luck in life and take care.

Just take a nice long break from it though, thats for sure.

This^....and Bellingerga is giving you the best gift you could hope for...if you consider his advice. I live in an area and work in a field that is prone to fights (very much so). I was on my 4th assault charge and facing jail when my attorney advised me to enroll in an alternative to violence class. I actually enjoy fighting so signed up only so the judge might give me a break. Little did I know that once I accepted the fact I wasn't living right, the class likely saved my life.

I was in a situation with a former adversary recently where he called me out. I'd beat this guy in the ring and on the street before and knew I would emerge victorious....but then a little light went off in my head and I walked away. I was concerned how I would feel the next morning. I woke up, considered the nite before...and felt awesome. Later I learned the guy had a razor and planned on using it.

Buddah teaches that once you engage, you've already lost the fight. Go see someone dude. Not just for your kids but for yourself as well. You'll become whole, you'll love yourself again and I wish you luck.

Agree with both these guys 100%. I just about lost my job a couple of months ago for several blow-ups at fellow employees. In fact, I was terminated and only got back thanks to a win in the grievance process. I'm not far from full pension and while my industry is so skill specific I likely would've found another job fairly quickly and made it to pension anyway, I would've also blown 4 weeks vacation (5 in another three years) and great days off (Friday, Saturday and Sunday). More importantly I was embarassed by my behavior and am greatful for the chance to be seen differently over the next few years I have left to work where I work. Part of the stipulation of me returning has been anger management counseling and I have found it VERY helpful already both in terms of the counselor's suggestions as well as making me stop and think before reacting when shit goes wrong on the job and other people are idiots and so on and so forth. As you can see, I may have always been able to seperate disappointment regarding the Seahawks from my 'real' life but have not been so good at keeping my cool in other areas of my life.

You may qualify for state assistance for counseling too Jon considering what you said about your finances. Think about it man.

EDIT: After reading your last post, you're in my prayers for that teaching job. Hope others join me.....
    Last edited by hawksfansinceday1 on Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

ImageImage

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• SharkHawk wrote:I think seriously I have to be done. I did something I am so horribly ashamed of after the game and I don't know that I can in good conscience watch another game EVER. I feel awful. Just awful.

I snapped at my kids and then threw the remote and it shattered against the wall and scared my kids. They both started crying. It's time for me to walk away. Everybody is really upset here. I think this is corny, but I also think it has to be my farewell. Sorry for putting it in the main forum, but it is most definitely Seahawks related, and I am sure many other fans are having a hard time coming to terms.

Let what I did be a lesson. I'm lucky no pieces hit my children. But I can't put them through that anymore. I love them with all my heart. More than the Seahawks. I've given the Seahawks 36 years of my life to get it done. They've come close. But I can't leave my family without a father due to a heart attack, and I can't ever EVER harm my children by my words or actions. They deserve a better father, and unfortunately the Seahawks don't bring that out of me. Please don't label me a quitter or a whiner or a baby. Understand that my life has been destroyed in the last two years financially, career-wise, emotionally, and physically. This is the proverbial straw I guess. I just can't do this anymore.

Please.... don't let this game get you like it did me. It was too much, so I step away and hope for a better future for the Hawks for all of YOUR sake. You guys deserve it. You put your butts in the seats and scream until your hoarse for this team. You 12's make me proud. I really have made some incredible friendships here, and hope to continue those, but after what I did today, I can NOT be involved in sports-fandom ever again. Now it's time to pick up the pieces so to speak and try to fix what I've done to my kids in scaring them senseless. No kid should ever have to be afraid of a game result because of how their Dad might handle it. My kids are awesome and they deserve better than the piece of crap I was today. Guilt overwhelms me. I am afraid for myself right now. I am sad for my kids. But I respect all of you and how you keep it together and find a balance where I never could.

Rock on 12's.

Jon Mohlman (the man behind the shark mask)

Read the book the secret.
    If .NET did not exist I would get so much more work done during the day!
    HawkinNY
    NET Starter

• Lol.
    cesame
    NET Veteran

• I'm going to make a serious post here. I'm also gonna admit something here that might get me in trouble with .net.

I'm 17, so I'm a minor. I've posted in the shack and PWR forums before, so I don't know how severe a violation that is, and I'm sorry mods.

This is me. I'm wearing a dress shirt and tie, because I am quite passionate about politics and felt like dressing up. I have a reputation as a very smart kid and the go-to person with any governmental or political questions. I've single-handedly turned most of my school into a breeding ground for new, young Libertarians. (I know a lot of you disagree with my views, but just ignore my political stances, they're not the point of this.)

I'm also a swimmer, a lacrosse player, and soon to be football player as a senior in high school next year. I'm trying to get my grades up as I've recently gotten my life together. I want to try to get into University of Delaware, but that looks pretty unlikely. So I'm looking at some smaller, D-III type schools. I want to major in Secondary Education and become a teacher at my current high school after college. I have it all planned out.

I say so much about my life, because today I've experienced such intense ups-and-downs from a game that I wasn't even playing. I ended up breaking my smartphone, the only nice thing I really have, out of sheer anger. My family is in financial ruins, and I'm not going to be able to afford another phone for a good while. I've been chilling and putting things into perspective, and it really is just a game. Although it is my passion, it may be quite unhealthy for me. There's so much more to life..

I did say I was going to try out for football this year. I've been studying intensely and working out. RW has inspired me to try to be a starting QB for my team. It is my dream. My ex-girlfriend introduced me to the coach last year, when I was going through tough times. He's been sort of a life coach for me since. I used to get angry and smash things, and he'd always chill me out in his room and just sit and talk to me for a good hour about life. It helped me out, a bunch.

I know it's not anything formal, but he helped me straighten out a bit, until my asshole relapse today. Maybe that can be likened to some anger management classes of sorts, SharkHawk. I don't want you to go, I look forward to your posts about as much as I do Kearly's. You're a treasure of .net, and a knowledgeable, respectable man. If you feel this is what's best, then from one person to another, I wish you the best in all future endeavors.

I probably need some help myself. I'm going to channel my rage into working out harder from now on. I hope it goes well. Sometimes we all need to remember, it is just a game. A game that we're all passionate about and love, but a game nonetheless that we're not even playing. Count backwards from 10, take 3 deep breaths, and everyone get on with your lives and try to be a better person in anyway you can.

Sorry if my thoughts are all over the place, I'm a bit flustered after all the excitement today. Love you guys, .net. Best of luck to SharkHawk.
    Last edited by Maelstrom787 on Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• After the Superbowl i reminded myself that this is just a game, its supposed to be entertainment, and i can honestly say i've never been pissed about a lost since. Dissapointed, yes. But never upset.

I think its all important for us to remember that whethe the Seahawks win or lose it still doesnt change our life tomorrow.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• JSeahawks wrote:After the Superbowl i reminded myself that this is just a game, its supposed to be entertainment, and i can honestly say i've never been pissed about a lost since. Dissapointed, yes. But never upset.

I think its all important for us to remember that whethe the Seahawks win or lose it still doesnt change our life tomorrow.

My thoughts EXACTLY.

razgriz737
    NET Veteran

• The Radish wrote:
    GeekHawk wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:I was so mad I vacuumed the floor.

That sucks!

...bada-boom

Besides its carrying things entire to far.

The good news?....when i moved the couch a $20 bill was on the floor. :lol:
    The new Santa Clara stadium name?..........Dungaree Dump
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• JSeahawks wrote:Done.

FIRE CABLE!
    BASF
    NET Veteran

• About 10 years ago a similar event happened to me. I was a very obsessed fan who lived and breathed Seahawks 24/7. My business suffered as I spent most of my waking hours reading and researching anything Seahawks related. It culminated with a home loss to the Rams on a last second TD. In my anger I kicked a gaping hole in the side of an easy chair. It was at that moment that I had a psychological shift in my mind. I figured if this obsession over something that I had no control over the outcomes of a game was going to cause me to destroy my own belongings I needed to rethink my life. To make a long story short, I still have a mild obsession with the Seahawks but I no longer let them effect me like I once did. I still thoroughly enjoy the wins and bum out at the losses, but now, for the most part I just enjoy the ride. As much as I one day want to experience a Super bowl victory, I will watch and enjoy the journey no matter where it takes me.

Keep the faith, love your children, and try to look at the Seahawks as the best form of pure entertainment! Like a good movie, you never know how it ends.
    Go Hawks!
    oldhawkfan
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:20 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information