Seahawks sign 10 to futures contracts

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
The Seattle Seahawks have signed receiver Phil Bates, running back Derrick Coleman, defensive back Chandler Fenner, tight end Cooper Helfet, linebacker Kyle Knox, cornerback Ron Parker, linebacker Korey Toomer, defensive tackle Myles Wade, receiver Bryan Walters and receiver Stephen Williams to futures contracts, as the team starts to build the 2013 80-man roster for the upcoming year.

Read more here: http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks ... rylink=cpy

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Getting back to work already! There's at least 4 teams chasing the 'hawks already...might as well throw in any team with coaching vacancies as well.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to seeing if Stephen Williams can make a push to make the 53. Someone posted about him a month or so back and he sounded promising. 6'5 and fast, but with a few injuries in his past.

noflyzone

Reaction score
Bryan walters, kirkland represent!
Just remembered when he got that kick return against us 2 seasons ago as a charger.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Hopefully Stephen Williams finally realizes his potential. 6'5", 208lbs? We need that!

Seanhawk

Reaction score
sc85sis":3lporccd said:
Can someone refresh my memory as to how futures contracts work?

They're contracts...for the future.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
sc85sis":33it7k7r said:

From: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 728AAC5n8b

It's a few years old but it's probably still mostly accurate, I would imagine.

Players signed to “reserve/future” contracts means they are being signed for the 2008 season even though that season does not officially begin until March. Only players who were not on any NFL team’s active roster when the 2007 season ended are eligible for such signings; if they were under contract, then they would remain so until March. Players who were on practice squads at the end of the season are eligible to sign with any team.

KPA

Reaction score
We need an immediate impact player on DL, not a futures/developmental/who knows kind of guy. You only find that kind of player in the draft or free agency.

Ya just like we found Browner & Kitna?

getnasty

Reaction score
Korey Toomer will make the active roster this year.

HansGruber

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3hxq8ys7 said:
Korey Toomer. My adopt a rookie is back!!!

IIRC, he had a couple big plays in the postseason, right? I thought he'd at least get a shot on special teams.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":bky1j114 said:
sc85sis":bky1j114 said:

From: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 728AAC5n8b

It's a few years old but it's probably still mostly accurate, I would imagine.

Players signed to “reserve/future” contracts means they are being signed for the 2008 season even though that season does not officially begin until March. Only players who were not on any NFL team’s active roster when the 2007 season ended are eligible for such signings; if they were under contract, then they would remain so until March. Players who were on practice squads at the end of the season are eligible to sign with any team.

Thanks! I was wondering as well.

HansGruber":bky1j114 said:
JSeahawks":bky1j114 said:
Korey Toomer. My adopt a rookie is back!!!

IIRC, he had a couple big plays in the postseason, right? I thought he'd at least get a shot on special teams.

I remember him making some good plays in preseason. I was frankly surprised that he was cut. But we did have quite a bit of talent at that position.

BASF

Reaction score
I am disappointed that Vaia Taua is not on that list. He showed a lot of promise before getting hurt last preseason.

sutz

Reaction score
BASF":3l75z3lv said:
I am disappointed that Vaia Taua is not on that list. He showed a lot of promise before getting hurt last preseason.
I think Turbin took his spot. No?

Nice to see Toomer get a second chance. Will likely beat Hill out, at least.

Latest posts